Twitter: Dak Says Collins Is Playing RT and Steele Is Play LT Sunday

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Let amari cooper miss 4 weeks and come back and be healthy and lets see if he sits out another game. When Zeke was suspended a few years back, did he return and sit another wek to get "Ready?" They are playing him at RT... because they are moving steele to the MORE IMPORTANT left tackle position. You dont think Collins doesnt know LT is more important that RT?

Roll with what is working? sure... tats what it was. They think Steele is better than Collins... yea, sure.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Tyron is one of the best LTs in the business when healthy. Tyron is cheap. He's not perfect: you know he's going to miss some time here and there. But that doesn't remotely offset his value to the team.
The only reason Tyron isnt goin gto start this week is we currently feel damn good about our depth. They figure we can put in Collins and not miss a beat against the Broncos. If we were playing the Cards this week, Tyron would be playing.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Seems like an odd move, they previously didn't want to slide Martin to tackle to keep consistency inside but have no problem rotating tackles?

Obviously we don't know all the behind scenes dynamics and what the coaches see. This feels more like an experiment to see if Steele could be a viable starting LT next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see either Collins or Smith no longer on the team to save cap space.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Collins is not athletic enough to play LT. I have reservations with Steele and Williams playing side by side.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Given the current and future departures at linebacker, I think they need to add there. And I also think they move on from Lawrence and look at drafting a replacement.

I think they have to at least see what they have at offensive tackle for a year.
I think they've been trying to find Lawrence's replacement for years.....not that they wanted to get away from them but I think they always wanted to find a guy on the edge who can rush the passer with Gregory and Lawrence. You can never have enough of those guys so whether they depart from Lawrence or not I'd go get one if there's one available. Hell I'd take a younger Lawrence on a rookie contract if we can find one.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
If Steele is able to play LT and play it at a solid level, he will be the biggest gift as an UDFA since Tony. Again, I’m not doubting him again. The guy I saw last year was not an NFL OT, and he is a legit starter now. I hope he keeps making us doubters look bad.

And should Steele struggle can always put in Nehske.

Denver is good team to experiment with OL.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Why not just put Collins at LT?

Probably because he hasn't practiced there much at all. He's only played LG and RT in the pros. Steele played both LT and RT in the preseason. Even though the left side is natural for Collins, that doesn't mean that retraining his mind is as easy as he might think it would be.

Reactions: BAT

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Well we about to find out if Steele is the real deal. If anything he may have developed some confidence in himself. I guess it could be worse, they could have started Nsekhe. I thought they might go with Collins at LT. Oh well, c'est la vie.......:)

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
So does that mean Steele goes back to the bench in a few weeks when smith is healthy?

I was just thinking about that myself. If Collins gets back in there and looks solid at right tackle, then I guess he gets his spot back.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Why
Both are really good at run blocking
I’d be more concerned about communication in pass blocking

TE and RB will help in pass blocking.

Cowboys usually pull LG in run blocking towards strongside.

LT or TE will have to seal the DE and any players chasing from left side.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And should Steele struggle can always put in Nehske.

Denver is good team to experiment with OL.

Especially without Miller. honestly i expect him to be better than Nehske but I don’t think thats a high bar.

Tussinman

Reaction score
The only reason Tyron isnt goin gto start this week is we currently feel damn good about our depth. They figure we can put in Collins and not miss a beat against the Broncos. If we were playing the Cards this week, Tyron would be playing.
Yeah that's true as well. That happened from 2017 to 2019 as well (he was technically available to play 8 of those nine games he missed but they sat him because it wasn't do or die).