Twitter: Dak Says It Started Clicking Last Season

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
You could actually see it too.... the first game in Washington you could see Dak becoming a better Qb with his reads (and by better I don’t mean better overall in that game.... yes he messed up and took an ill advised fumble) but from that game forth you just saw him make steady improvements I think this year we see him become what we know he can be
Dak is dependent on a great running game, and great pass protection. As long as he gets that he'll look great, and has looked great, but when he doesn't have that he doesn't look so good, and he hasn't shown that he can carry the team without a great supporting cast.

He gets fantastic pass protection, but still holds onto the ball far too long when he is asked to pass. He needs to cut down on the sacks and make quicker decisions that hasn't changed since his first year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak is dependent on a great running game, and great pass protection. As long as he gets that he'll look great, and has looked great, but when he doesn't have that he doesn't look so good, and he hasn't shown that he can carry the team without a great supporting cast.

He gets fantastic pass protection, but still holds onto the ball far too long when he is asked to pass. He needs to cut down on the sacks and make quicker decisions that hasn't changed since his first year.

So why did he only get sacked 28 times in 2016 and 32 times in 2017. Was he all of a sudden good at "not getting sacked" as you put it at a younger age?

Why is it that he didn't hold the ball too long in 2016 or 2017?

You either don't understand football or your just another troll of a Dak hater.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

This is just made up.

The offense goes through Dak, not the running game.

pete026

Reaction score
Correct. I'm not saying Brady is a bad QB but if you're suppose to be the greatest QB but yet your team still has a winning record without you ( won double digits the year he got injured the first game and was out for the year)

For example. When Romo went out this team went 1-11....... With Cassel who was Brady's backup that won double digit games. That proves Romo was the main reason we won games not the coach. Brady on the other hand has so much success because of his coaches ability to....... Coach

The AFC East played the AFC West and NFC West that year. Those 2 divisions combined had 1 team with a record above .500. The Patriots had the the strongest strength of schedule in their division that year and they were ranked 25th in the NFL for strength of schedule. The typical horrid AFC East had 3 teams above .500 that year because of the weak schedule they played. Cassel did little after that year including his awful stint with the Cowboys.

How would I know all this? I live in New England and have lots of friends who are big Pats fans. In fact, I was at the Chiefs game that year when Brady got hurt. Also went to the "Tuck Game".

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This is just made up.

The offense goes through Dak, not the running game.

The entire offense depends on the Oline. Its stupid for someone to isolate ONLY Dak. CLEARLY every part of the offense has suffered with the injuries along the Oline.

ALL QB's perform better with a better Oline, this is QB 101 and again shouldn't be singled out for Dak only.

The younger the QB, the more they depend on the players around them. That is just common sense and QB 101.

QB's need weapons. Its why teams go out and get them weapons. See Mahones, see Baker Mayfield, ect.....ect...

AGAIN...........its stupid for someone to isolate ONLY Dak and say he needs weapons.

All QB's need weapons and all perform better with more weapons and better protection. COMMON SENSE.

So this genius wants Dak to "carry the team" in his first couple years in the league with marginal blocking and poor passing weapons? LOL Its a dumb standard. Its a standard for a guy that doesnt understand the QB position.

Lets leave the coaching, play calling, and scheme for another day.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Yeah....no lol. Watch the games.

Number1

Reaction score
Wait. So it coincided with getting a decent WR1?

This is shocking to hear.

it also coincided with a new OLC and a new OC (basically) and IMO most important changes at LG

it wasn't just Amari

they also snapped the ball faster both Zeke's rushing attempts and Dak's passing attempts went up

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
QB's are all about championships,winning the big ones, it's the bench mark, and at this point Brady is the bench mark and no one is even close. There is no QB as clutch as Brady and it's his whole career not just a few seasons. Just stating the facts, everyone else is a distant second. Rings IS everything when looking at the greatest QB.
That's completely false and silly. If that was the case then Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson are better than Dan Marino.

Charles Haley is the greatest pass rusher ever right, since he has the most rings. What a joke

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
For me, I think Montana you could make an argument. Manning simply was NOT a big game QB. For all his yards and TD's he was mediocre in the playoffs. Marino certainly had as much talent as anyone. But no championships, I don't even know how he is in the conversation.

I would probably go Brady, Montana, Elway for me.
We are talking best QB overall, not in the playoffs or out of the playoffs. Just looking at QB talent, no Brady isn't top 3 all time much less the greatest. He has benefited from having one of the greatest coaches ever.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I don't even see how that is a legitimate argument. How many games has brady missed? 15 at most? Too small a sample size. And it says more about the team THAT year and bellicheck then it does about Brady.

And if I recall correctly THAT team with Cassell was quickly bounced come playoff time.
Has Brady never been bounced early from the playoffs? Not only that he missed 15 games in one season, don't forget the year he was suspended and a rookie and first time starter led the team to a winning record and only losing 1 game.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
What ability does he NOT have? What statistics does is he not at the top of?

Amazing how you say SB's aren't everything, but then you go around and act like ability is everything. As if Brady isnt the top echelon in ability? Just because he is a skinny guy that cant run fast doesn't mean diddly obviously.

It actually goes to show how hard the guy works at his craft.

A QB is all of it combined. And clearly Brady has what it takes overall.

-Leadership
-Clutch

These are the two big ones in my mind. And there is no one bigger than Brady in these two categories.

Surprised coming from you as you are a big Dak fan. Leadership and Clutch also seem to be his two biggest strengths. Its ability to pass that some have complained about.
I don't see Brady as a great leader, his teammates have dissed him on the sideline before because the way he cusses them.

Brax

Reaction score
That's completely false and silly. If that was the case then Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson are better than Dan Marino.

Charles Haley is the greatest pass rusher ever right, since he has the most rings. What a joke
You mix apples with oranges, take off the blinders, you are talking greatest ever, and championships are what define the position, Marino great QB but not even top a 10, none of your reasoning stand up, championships are what separate QB's if you can't see that then there is little hope for you. Also Haley has absolutely no bearing on QB ratings.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
You mix apples with oranges, take off the blinders, you are talking greatest ever, and championships are what define the position, Marino great QB but not even top a 10, none of your reasoning stand up, championships are what separate QB's if you can't see that then there is little hope for you. Also Haley has absolutely no bearing on QB ratings.
So you think Dilfer and Johnson were better QBs then Marino?

Seems you have some agenda by saying championships are all that matter, Haley has the most championships but he isn't the best pass rusher.

Anyways I'm not going to keep going in circles with you, have a good day.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Just calling it like I see it

Your angle doesn't even make sense. You don't want to talk about "who the best QB was ever", you just want to talk about "who had the best skills as a QB"?

SB's don't count in your angle?

Its like you are just making things up in your head because you simply hate Brady and cant stand to see him known as the best. But whatever, enjoy.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Your angle doesn't even make sense. You don't want to talk about "who the best QB was ever", you just want to talk about "who had the best skills as a QB"?

SB's don't count in your angle?

Its like you are just making things up in your head because you simply hate Brady and cant stand to see him known as the best. But whatever, enjoy.
I never said I didn't take Superbowls into count. I said it's not the only thing, never said I have Brady either and I'm fact I said he was a good QB. I just don't think he is the greatest....... Because he isn't

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I never said I didn't take Superbowls into count. I said it's not the only thing, never said I have Brady either and I'm fact I said he was a good QB. I just don't think he is the greatest....... Because he isn't

That's ok, your are entitled to your opinion. Its just obvious talking a with you that you are completely biased and you are a hater of the guy.

Being non biased is the key to decision making and analysis with just about anything.

It has gotten to the point with Brady where its really not close. But like you, there are still guys out there making stuff up in their heads to justify why he isn't.

9 SB bowls and 6 championships is completely laughable. The guy has basically played in a SB nearly every other year.

He defines the term "the GOAT".