Twitter: Dak Says It Started Clicking Last Season

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It just started clicking last season? So what was he doing as a rookie going 13-3?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That won't work.

Pay Zeke.

Don't you remember what happened with Emmitt in 93?

I see it work all over the NFL with other teams. In an age of bloated salaries you have to pick your spots. If your going to have the highest paid Oline in the NFL then you shouldn't need the highest paid RB to have a good run game.

And then there is the turd factor. Zeke is a immature turd and not a quality leader for this team.

Brax

Reaction score
People bring up the 6 rings, that's a great accomplishment no doubt. Do people think Charles Haley is the greatest pass rusher because he has 5 rings and did it on 2 different teams.
you forget 9 SB starts, not sure who is even close. you act like 6 SB wins is a JAG QB. 9 SB starts, the guy is simply the best.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Im sure many do. This generation especially hates Brady for his success in their time. Everyone has their own opinion. So who do you think is the best? Give me your top 3 QB's of all time.
Staubach, Aikman, Romo haha

Not sure I have them listed in a ranking but Peyton Manning, Marino and Montana I think are clearly better.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
you forget 9 SB starts, not sure who is even close. you act like 6 SB wins is a JAG QB. 9 SB starts, the guy is simply the best.
I never said he was a Jager. Not sure why you guys think a player is just a guy if someone says they aren't the greatest. Brady has the titles no doubt but he isn't the greatest QB ever. Rings isn't everything, I look at the ability as a QB and Brady isn't the best when looking at all QBs over the history of the game.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
He has missed an entire season and the backup won double digit games...... The same backup that got only 1 win in Dallas. Brady is a good QB don't get me wrong but he just isn't the greatest of all time. Brady wouldn't have the success he has had without Belichek

People don't realize this, but it's so true.

Man I wish we could have seen Brady outside the confines of New England. New England since Brady's first start has a worse win % with Brady starting than without Brady starting. That's incredible.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

Man I wish we could have seen Brady outside the confines of New England. New England since Brady's first start has a worse win % with Brady starting than without Brady starting. That's incredible.
Correct. I'm not saying Brady is a bad QB but if you're suppose to be the greatest QB but yet your team still has a winning record without you ( won double digits the year he got injured the first game and was out for the year)

For example. When Romo went out this team went 1-11....... With Cassel who was Brady's backup that won double digit games. That proves Romo was the main reason we won games not the coach. Brady on the other hand has so much success because of his coaches ability to....... Coach

Brax

Reaction score
I never said he was a Jager. Not sure why you guys think a player is just a guy if someone says they aren't the greatest. Brady has the titles no doubt but he isn't the greatest QB ever. Rings isn't everything, I look at the ability as a QB and Brady isn't the best when looking at all QBs over the history of the game.
QB's are all about championships,winning the big ones, it's the bench mark, and at this point Brady is the bench mark and no one is even close. There is no QB as clutch as Brady and it's his whole career not just a few seasons. Just stating the facts, everyone else is a distant second. Rings IS everything when looking at the greatest QB.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Staubach, Aikman, Romo haha

Not sure I have them listed in a ranking but Peyton Manning, Marino and Montana I think are clearly better.

For me, I think Montana you could make an argument. Manning simply was NOT a big game QB. For all his yards and TD's he was mediocre in the playoffs. Marino certainly had as much talent as anyone. But no championships, I don't even know how he is in the conversation.

I would probably go Brady, Montana, Elway for me.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Correct. I'm not saying Brady is a bad QB but if you're suppose to be the greatest QB but yet your team still has a winning record without you ( won double digits the year he got injured the first game and was out for the year)

For example. When Romo went out this team went 1-11....... With Cassel who was Brady's backup that won double digit games. That proves Romo was the main reason we won games not the coach. Brady on the other hand has so much success because of his coaches ability to....... Coach

I don't even see how that is a legitimate argument. How many games has brady missed? 15 at most? Too small a sample size. And it says more about the team THAT year and bellicheck then it does about Brady.

And if I recall correctly THAT team with Cassell was quickly bounced come playoff time.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Last season his coach was Kellen Moore. He says he started seeing things and KNOWING instead of thinking. Hopefully this is a good sign for things to come with Moore as OC.

Glad for the clicking. Glad for Prescott and Amari that it clicked. Now, click with Cobb and we're golden

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
For me, I think Montana you could make an argument. Manning simply was NOT a big game QB. For all his yards and TD's he was mediocre in the playoffs. Marino certainly had as much talent as anyone. But no championships, I don't even know how he is in the conversation.

I would probably go Brady, Montana, Elway for me.

Montana, Brady and Elway in that order for me

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Its always amazing when you get into a conversation with a hater. NO talking any sense into them. They will say anything and throw out mind numbing important information as if its inconsequential. LOL

Take out all his SB's and hes average!!! LOL

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

What ability does he NOT have? What statistics does is he not at the top of?

Amazing how you say SB's aren't everything, but then you go around and act like ability is everything. As if Brady isnt the top echelon in ability? Just because he is a skinny guy that cant run fast doesn't mean diddly obviously.

It actually goes to show how hard the guy works at his craft.

A QB is all of it combined. And clearly Brady has what it takes overall.

-Leadership
-Clutch

These are the two big ones in my mind. And there is no one bigger than Brady in these two categories.

Surprised coming from you as you are a big Dak fan. Leadership and Clutch also seem to be his two biggest strengths. Its ability to pass that some have complained about.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

That is something a hater would say.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
with the resources available now, any QB (or other positions for that matter) should be able to be really comfortable with what they are seeing. They can simply watch, rewatch, rewatch, game film til they understand the looks. With virtual reality they can even confine it to their viewpoint & take thousands of reps without a single team activity. They simply have to put in the time & have the basic mental abilities. Understanding the game shouldn't be a valid excuse for anyone at this level.