Twitter: Dak served lunch at homeless shelter last week in Miami

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If you have any pittance like that you don’t deem to need such a small sum private message me I will be happy to take it off your hands.
My private message privileges have been terminated. I never suggested I have any pittance like that and if I did it would be used to pay my medical bills, not allow you to just take it off my hands. :rolleyes:

CWR

Reaction score
Most homeless need a beat down, I know,. there around me all day long. Worst people on the planet. They don't want to work, none of them. Pure scum that will not think twice about dooshing u. If I had a way to eliminate them I wouldn't think twice about it. Come with me for a day band u will see the worst on the planet

I dont know about most, but Ive dealt with many who resemble those traits. What you and I dont know is how they ended up that way. A large majority have psych and drug/alcohol abuse problems. Many were damaged beyond repair from various forms of abuse during their childhood. Then there are some that lost too much to go on. There are also some who had every opportunity to make a life and chose not to. In my setting I help where I can and within reason. I will give common decency and respect, but I will require the same in return. In most cases Im dealing with people who are simply down and out, but not necessarily horrible human beings. That said Ive dealt with my fair share of those who are only looking to exploit anyone and everyone as well.

Brax

Reaction score
My private message privileges have been terminated. I never suggested I have any pittance like that and if I did it would be used to pay my medical bills, not allow you to just take it off my hands. :rolleyes:
I figured if you thought Daks pay was a pittance you were loaded and might feel generous. Thanks for the laugh.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I figured if you thought Daks pay was a pittance you were loaded and might feel generous. Thanks for the laugh.
Why do you have to take that so literal rather than understand I was comparatively speaking about the disproportion between Dak's rookie contract and what QBs like Russell Wilson are making in the NFL.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Dak homers are the ones who need a reality check internet tough guy!

Seriously. wanting a quarterback who is demanding to be the highest paid player in the league to be more consistent in the red zone is somehow "cruel"

Maybe it was also cruel to wish that Maher would make more 35-40 yard field goals? :muttley:

shabazz

Reaction score
How does a thread like this turn negative?

It shouldn't be negative, but this has been done by thousands of players and celebrities for decades now. From Bob Hope performing to the Troops overseas to Beyonce passing out food for Haitian Relief.

So lets be real and not pretend that this is Mother Theresa incarnate. In fact Campbell's sprung for the groceries so it didn't cost Dakota one red cent.

Pure Fluff

BoysForLife

Reaction score
It shouldn't be negative, but this has been done by thousands of players and celebrities for decades now. From Bob Hope performing to the Troops overseas to Beyonce passing out food for Haitian Relief.

So lets be real and not pretend that this is Mother Theresa incarnate. In fact Campbell's sprung for the groceries so it didn't cost Dakota one red cent.

Pure Fluff

or do you remember the old "Shaq a Claus" thing?
Shaq paid for all those gifts himself. Semi truckloads full of stuff, and he paid for every bit of it out of his own pocket.

One thing I will say in Dak's defense--he isn't making Shaq money. So it's a bit of a different story financially between that two and that should be taken into account. And at the end of the day, he was giving of his time and I think that should be commended anytime someone does that to lend a hand. So I will not criticize Dak for that, I think it's a great thing to help others.

Nonetheless--your point is salient. Athletes and entertainers have done this type of stuff for years. Yet somehow when Dak does it, some people think it is groundbreaking stuff, and a "dab at the corners of your eyes with a kleenex" type moment.:laugh:

erod

Reaction score
Great dude. Ride-along middling quarterback.

But we already knew that.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What more evidence could anyone possibly need to prove Dak is being traded to Miami for the #5 overall pick in the draft?

Proof

Reaction score
Most homeless need a beat down, I know,. there around me all day long. Worst people on the planet. They don't want to work, none of them. Pure scum that will not think twice about dooshing u. If I had a way to eliminate them I wouldn't think twice about it. Come with me for a day band u will see the worst on the planet

why are you around so many homeless people every day? lol

foofighters

Reaction score
Had this been Romo, you guys would have went nuts about him not getting time in with his receivers and studying game film....

Proof

Reaction score
Hope he stays there, maybe he can become a Dolphin, What a look for a guy who wants the $$$$ and be the Cowboy, guess Dallas has no one that could use a little help.

what an insufferable line of thinking

Why do you guys say stupid stuff like this? Who the hell cares where he helps? Why don't you go out there and help?

seriously, I've about heard it all at this point