Twitter: Dak served lunch at homeless shelter last week in Miami

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm glad you have clarified your position because when I saw you say "there is no reason to pity the man" I thought you were saying he doesn't deserve a pay raise. I can agree with the salary window that you have suggested is appropriate for his services. I expect his new contract to only be a three year deal so he can get an even bigger one in 2023.
I just meant he makes a lot more than any of us, and he'll be making a great deal more, so I can't feel sorry for him.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I just meant he makes a lot more than any of us, and he'll be making a great deal more, so I can't feel sorry for him.
His endorsement deals have been more than his rookie contract has paid him. In that respect, yeah no need to pity the man but his NFL pay has just been a pittance.

Brax

Reaction score
Why do you guys say stupid stuff like this? Who the hell cares where he helps? Why don't you go out there and help?
How do you know I don't, do you????? Staged charity stinks and I have said it could be any of us in that position so read into my statement anything you like my point is using these poor souls for commercial value or personal gain sucks, charity begins at home and home isn't Miami it's a vacation spot for Dak, maybe he can use it as a write of on his taxes.Sorry I offended you was not my intent the whole look at me aspect is disgusting to me.

Last edited:

cern

Reaction score
No, I wasn’t really saying that although one could come to that conclusion. Even so, it’s not a bad thing they did. My point was simply he didn’t just go volunteer to feed homeless people because he wanted to. He got together with Campbell’s soup and they basically made a commercial disguised as a news story and no one here seemed to figure that out.
it was figured out on the first page of this thread. you're late to the party. it was a photo op. but in no way a bad thing.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
How do you know I don't, do you????? Staged charity stinks and I have said it could be any of us in that position so read into my statement anything you like my point is using these poor souls for commercial value or personal gain sucks, charity begins at home and home isn't Miami it's a vacation spot for Dak, maybe he can use it as a write of on his taxes.Sorry I offended you was not my intent the whole look at me aspect is disgusting to me.

I need some help, too...we all can do what we do. I want an enchilada, want to buy a puppy chihuahua too.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

You think Dak did this for a personal gain?What's the personal gain?What does he achieve?

And you didn't offend me I'm just of the belief people need help every where. Other countries. Other cities. Other states. I'd rather you help SOMEONE than no one at all and if it comes with a photo op? So be it. How you choose to do your good deeds........doesn't matter if you do it.

Brax

Reaction score
You think Dak did this for a personal gain?What's the personal gain?What does he achieve?

And you didn't offend me I'm just of the belief people need help every where. Other countries. Other cities. Other states. I'd rather you help SOMEONE than no one at all and if it comes with a photo op? So be it. How you choose to do your good deeds........doesn't matter if you do it.
Don’t disagree on people everywhere need help and we who have should help. On the what does he get out of it, good press and another Campbell gig I would say, he’s doing a photo shoot because there is something to be gained by him for doing it. Maybe you look for the good I look for the motive and the motive is just about always money, sorry that’s just life.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

It's such a good thing to do.
To help our brothers and sisters and sons and daughters in need is what makes us... It's...
It's a good thing and more of us need to participate in helping our brethren.

I know what he does is basically a photo-op, but anything that helps people in need is a good thing.
And I hope he believes in it and continues to do so for the rest of his life.
I know I do and will.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Don’t disagree on people everywhere need help and we who have should help. On the what does he get out of it, good press and another Campbell gig I would say, he’s doing a photo shoot because there is something to be gained by him for doing it. Maybe you look for the good I look for the motive and the motive is just about always money, sorry that’s just life.
I agree. There’s always a reason for it. Some people give to the homeless because it strokes their ego and makes them feel good. Is that bad?

Brax

Reaction score
I agree. There’s always a reason for it. Some people give to the homeless because it strokes their ego and makes them feel good. Is that bad?
In my book it’s a bad look when it’s done looking for something in return, just my take. Bottom line is at least they get a hot meal for the exploitation.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
You never know when it could be you homeless. Any and everything is possible, there is only 1 perfect person in this land. Some just had some really bad luck.

Reactions: CWR

Brax

Reaction score
His endorsement deals have been more than his rookie contract has paid him. In that respect, yeah no need to pity the man but his NFL pay has just been a pittance.
If you have any pittance like that you don’t deem to need such a small sum private message me I will be happy to take it off your hands.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
I had to do 100+ hours of community work for the dental school to look my way so starting off it was more “this is why I am here” attitude but I got more into it without the ego idk I have some cool memories I get to take from it and stories. I learned a few things doing that type of work.