Dak should call his own plays in preseason

GINeric

Reaction score
Are you sure you want a sweating panic attack man calling his own plays???
dam-dak.gif

Doesn't really inspire confidence if you get my drift here.......

He's better than any of the quarterbacks on YOUR team. As a matter of fact he only loss 2 games to your sorry *** team during his whole career.

Go sit your fraudulent *** down somewhere lil guy.

Kwyn

Reaction score
That's the only way he's going to understand what his responsibility as a quarterback is. He seems content to run whatever play the OC calls, and when it fails he seems to assume that it's the failure of the OC.
By making him call his own plays he could actually improve.
Nonsense.

No QB has consistently called their own plays was Peyton and even he didn’t call the plays in the huddle. He just had freedom to audible all the time, which he did.

I really don’t think any QB has truly called their own plays in 25 or 30 years. I remember Buffalo did it back when we played them in the Super Bowl.

Kwyn

Reaction score
IMO he should call all the plays. He's the dude playing. Not for a second will I believe some dude on the sideline knows better. They don't. If you have some bum QB in there, ok, call the plays. But a franchise QB should be calling the plays.
No QBs call their own plays. None.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s one thing to go in and call a series or two. But to do the job of an offensive coordinator and craft a gameplan all week then adjustments at halftime while doing the mental duties of a QB is nuts.
I'm not saying they should let Dak call plays,I was just clarifying the timing of when it was last done

Flamma

Reaction score
No QBs call their own plays. None.
Yeah I know. But they all used to call their own plays. Or at least the QBs that were trusted. When you have a really good QB, I'll never believe a guy on the sideline is going to be better suited to call the plays than the guy actually leading the team.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Yeah I know. But they all used to call their own plays. Or at least the QBs that were trusted. When you have a really good QB, I'll never believe a guy on the sideline is going to be better suited to call the plays than the guy actually leading the team.
Yeah. And all 32 teams for 30 some years have believed differently.

Wonder who is right

khiladi

Reaction score
Bill Belichick, for one. Budda Baker after the ARZ game last year. Steven Ruiz talked about it on the Ringer. All of them except for the dummies on First Take and Fox. You don't have the success under pressure and against the blitz that Dak does without being excellent pre-snap.

This stuff is constant:

Uh no, the way Moore was having Dak run plays was to get up quickly, force the defense to show the look and then change the play in real time.

Dak was one of the best QBs against the blitz in 2017, when he was arguably one of the worst QBs in the league..

Blitz doesn’t necessitate pressure, as a blitz can be stuffed. And blitzed are often a sign of a desperate team trying to generate pressure in other ways.

Mediocre QBs are often “better against the blitz”.

Defenses only use blitzed situationally against elite QBs..

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Uh no, the way Moore was having Dak run plays was to get up quickly, force the defense to show the look and then change the play in real time.

Dak was one of the best QBs against the blitz in 2017, when he was arguably one of the worst QBs in the league..

Blitz doesn’t necessitate pressure, as a blitz can be stuffed. And blitzed are often a sign of a desperate team trying to generate pressure in other ways.

Yea? Prove any of that.

Also, "force the defense to show the look and then change the play in real time" is the epitome of being successful pre-snap. It's the whole point lol

Kwyn

Reaction score
Not really.

There’s a reason why teams have offensive coordinators. Only a few head coaches even call their own plays. Reid is the only one that comes to mind and even he shares duty.

It’s been like 30 years and more like 40+ since it was more than just Jim Kelley.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

how far up your rear end do you reach for this stuff

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/what-team-had-the-best-blitzing-percentage-in-2022
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2022/opp.htm
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2022/opp.htm

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-blitz-tendencies-on-passing-plays-in-the-nfl

Bills who were #2 defense, topped the league on 3rd down blitzes with about 50%
chiefs who won the superbowl at about 48.7%
niners at about 45%

Pittsburgh, the #10 defense blitzed on average 42% of the time regardless of the down
Chicago bears, one of the worst defenses were towards the bottom 3rd of the league in 3rd down blitzes at about 40%

you just make stuff up as you go along, without even checking if the bullshiet you are saying is even close to any truth....you are totally clueless about football.

in essence you lie to justify your opinions. you are clueless

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Dak call his own plays? I am not sure the league allows Dak to bring a copy of "NFL play calling for dummies" onto the field.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yeah. And all 32 teams for 30 some years have believed differently.

Wonder who is right
It's nothing more than the power structure. It's like any job. Your boss knows better than you regardless of whether or not you're right. On occasion, John Elway called his own plays. I'm sure if Jow Burrow called his own plays, they's still be a good team.

Coaches don't always know better because they are coaches. When does Belichick figure out the better QB is on the bench if Bledsoe doesn't get injured? Same with Dick Vermeil with Kurt Warner. And these are some of the best coaches in history.