Dak should call his own plays in preseason

817Gill

Reaction score
It wasn't quite that far back. There were still a lot in the 1970's, and they say Jim Kelly did in the 1980's and in early 1990's.
It’s one thing to go in and call a series or two. But to do the job of an offensive coordinator and craft a gameplan all week then adjustments at halftime while doing the mental duties of a QB is nuts.

817Gill

Reaction score
I will say it yet again. I think the OP knows calling his own plays isn't gonna happen in the game.

But why not entertain the idea of reading the defense can calling a play at the los for a few practices? If he's really good at it...fine. If not..okay too. All would be revealed.

I happen to think he doesn;t need to do this. But I don;t think it's absolutely preposterous or disrespectful either. As a practice exercise.
You seriously think a 7 year NFL veteran QB doesn’t make calls at the line? I’m genuinely surprised at the amount of people who think an NFL QB can go 7+ years and have absolutely no ability to make their own calls.

No QB is going to call their own plays for a game. EVERY QB who isn’t a rookie or young makes calls at the line throughout the game. Call it audible’s or call it a playcall, it’s all the same.

To think Dak would be employed as a starting QB if he had no ability to make calls or if he didn’t know “why he was out there and what we are trying to accomplish” like OP mentioned is so laughable. You don’t win a bunch of games across 7 years by not knowing what your offense wants to accomplish or how to make your own call at the line lmao.

Like I don’t even understand how some people really think the dude just goes out there and doesn’t know what’s going on. We hear him screaming out playcall changes half the game, in fact don’t y’all complain he changes plays too much? The takes on this thread are astounding.

817Gill

Reaction score
I have labeled it as the Charlie 'Good Grief' Brown effect.
I honestly read the OP was was convinced this would be one of those threads where we all chuckle at an outlandish take.

To find some real respectable posters in here acting like a vet QB can’t make a call at the line or should be the offensive coordinator while playing QB is surprising.

The Good Grief effect on full display lol

diamonddelts

Reaction score
I honestly read the OP was was convinced this would be one of those threads where we all chuckle at an outlandish take.

To find some real respectable posters in here acting like a vet QB can’t make a call at the line or should be the offensive coordinator while playing QB is surprising.

The Good Grief effect on full display lol
Lee Blair has a history of these types of bubu stank threads. Last year he stated Dak doesn't even belong as a third string quarterback in any team in the league. My 8 year old nephew has a higher football I.Q. And i'm being dead serious on that.

leeblair

Reaction score
Lee Blair has a history of these types of bubu stank threads. Last year he stated Dak doesn't even belong as a third string quarterback in any team in the league. My 8 year old nephew has a higher football I.Q. And i'm being dead serious on that.
If Dak was on any other team he'd already have been out of the NFL for years.
He's had a top notch offensive line and Ezekiel Elliott to cover for his bad play.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You seriously think a 7 year NFL veteran QB doesn’t make calls at the line? I’m genuinely surprised at the amount of people who think an NFL QB can go 7+ years and have absolutely no ability to make their own calls.

No QB is going to call their own plays for a game. EVERY QB who isn’t a rookie or young makes calls at the line throughout the game. Call it audible’s or call it a playcall, it’s all the same.

To think Dak would be employed as a starting QB if he had no ability to make calls or if he didn’t know “why he was out there and what we are trying to accomplish” like OP mentioned is so laughable. You don’t win a bunch of games across 7 years by not knowing what your offense wants to accomplish or how to make your own call at the line lmao.

Like I don’t even understand how some people really think the dude just goes out there and doesn’t know what’s going on. We hear him screaming out playcall changes half the game, in fact don’t y’all complain he changes plays too much? The takes on this thread are astounding.
Not sure where all this is coming from. I said he doesn't need to "practice calling his own plays".

You can think what you want about my football knowledge. I had to look up "wheel route" today. I am certainly no expert like you. In fact scale of 1-10...I'd say -5.

817Gill

Reaction score
That’s why I thought the thread would be laughs lol

817Gill

Reaction score
Not sure where all this is coming from. I said he doesn't need to "practice calling his own plays".

You can think what you want about my football knowledge. I had to look up "wheel route" today. I am certainly no expert like you. In fact scale of 1-10...I'd say -5.
My bad lol

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If Dak was on any other team he'd already have been out of the NFL for years.
He's had a top notch offensive line and Ezekiel Elliott to cover for his bad play.
Zeke covering for him...the dude who ran as fast my 85 year old mother walks....
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

shabazz

Reaction score
That's the only way he's going to understand what his responsibility as a quarterback is. He seems content to run whatever play the OC calls, and when it fails he seems to assume that it's the failure of the OC.
By making him call his own plays he could actually improve.
I can’t “like” any post that has to do with Dakota doing anything Cerebral

Let the smart guys tell him what to do…..or try to do

shabazz

Reaction score
Bill Belichick, for one. Budda Baker after the ARZ game last year. Steven Ruiz talked about it on the Ringer. All of them except for the dummies on First Take and Fox. You don't have the success under pressure and against the blitz that Dak does without being excellent pre-snap.

This stuff is constant:

All this fluff and just 1 Td against the Niners…….

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
In 2016 the offense was simple and Dak was fantastic. Ever since then we have paid Dak more and asked Dak to do more. Dak and the offense only gets worse.
got worse? what would getting better look like historic scoring numbers? the offense (DAK for sure) sucked in the SF game, by no means does that cover the Dak lead offense since 2016..this is why i cant take some of you seriously, its ridiculous comments.