Dak should follow Tom Brady's example

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brady left out the real reason he's taking far less cap than other QB's close to his level. That's part of his deal with Kraft in order to get rid of Garoppolo and not be on the trade block. Even Belichick couldn't argue with that one and he's traded the best player on the D twice because he didn't want to pay them the market rate. I believe he was ready to bag some picks for Brady and bring his boy Jimmy into the limelight.

Flamma

Reaction score
Dak has achieved more than Stafford in 3 years than Stafford has achieved in his entire career. Stafford was a #1 overall pick and hasn't done anything.

Just scroll up a bit to post #76 for my reaction to what Dak has achieved in comparison. Pro football is a very team oriented game. No other sport relies on the system and supporting case as much as the NFL. Even great players, Hall of Famers can look like fools sometimes without a supporting cast in the NFL.

It's too easy to cherry pick stats. Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl and Dan Marino doesn't. Looking at that would anyone pick Dilfer? Not sober. I can do stats too. Since 2011 Dak has thrown for more yards than Stafford one time. But I realize Stafford had to, he doesn't have the running game Dak has. I don't hold that against Dak. But you can't be watching these games and think Dak is a better passer than Matt Stafford. He lost Megatron so he's now in trouble. Let Cooper sit out half the season and see what happens.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-brady-on-salary-my-wife-makes-a-lot-of-money

Brady explained to Kimmel why, in the age of record-breaking QB contracts, he remains the 18th highest-paid QB in AAV ($15 million).

"That's a good question. That's usually, when I don't want to answer a question, I always say, 'That's a good question,'" Brady said when asked why he isn't the highest-paid player in football. "I think the thing I've always felt for me in my life, winning has been a priority. And my wife [model Gisele Bundchen] makes a lot of money.

"I'm a little smarter than you think. Actually, it's a salary cap. You can only spend so much and the more that one guy gets is less for others. And for a competitive advantage standpoint, I like to get a lot of good players around me."

Dak should marry Kylie Jenner. Kylie is a billionaire. Dak could easily steal Kylie away from Travis Scott. Dak needs to think about his legacy. Romo had the chance to pull off something similar with Jessica Simpson and Carrie Underwood. However, he failed to seal the deal.

Brady had
1). Made great money at that point already
2). Married a woman who makes more than he does

if Brady were in Dak's shoes, it's very unlikely he takes a huge pay cut.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just scroll up a bit to post #76 for my reaction to what Dak has achieved in comparison. Pro football is a very team oriented game. No other sport relies on the system and supporting case as much as the NFL. Even great players, Hall of Famers can look like fools sometimes without a supporting cast in the NFL.

It's too easy to cherry pick stats. Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl and Dan Marino doesn't. Looking at that would anyone pick Dilfer? Not sober. I can do stats too. Since 2011 Dak has thrown for more yards than Stafford one time. But I realize Stafford had to, he doesn't have the running game Dak has. I don't hold that against Dak. But you can't be watching these games and think Dak is a better passer than Matt Stafford. He lost Megatron so he's now in trouble. Let Cooper sit out half the season and see what happens.
So we agree that Stafford has done nothing. Cool.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
This is very good trolling. We need more efforts like this. Well done, OP. Enjoyable read.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Brady is in his 16th year of earning established superstar money and his wife is one of the wealthiest fashion icons in the world.

Easy for him to say