Video: Dak should take less. Skip and Emmitt are right

glimmerman

Reaction score
I don’t blame him if he wants goff money but if he wants more than Wilson then NO.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Imagine if at your job, you had people expecting you to "take one for the team" and get paid less.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Money? You're misreading this. We don't give two crapps on a personal level whether dak makes 27 mil or 40 mil. It only matters to us fans as to how it relates to building a super bowl contender.

I'm curious, as a fan, why don't you want us to compete for a super bowl?
That's just it. You're thinking as a fan. I'm thinking as most of us would. We would be thinking about own best interest.
So I can't fault a player for trying to get all that he can. It might not be good for the fan, but I try to separate the fan from self-interest, as we all tend to do.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
That's just it. You're thinking as a fan. I'm thinking as most of us would. We would be thinking about own best interest.
So I can't fault a player for trying to get all that he can. It might not be good for the fan, but I try to separate the fan from self-interest, as we all tend to do.
I tend to agree. Some fans seem to think all it takes is Prescott taking less money and we're set. Well, he's been paid peanuts for 4 seasons and that should be enough time to make a run given the roster. It's easier to address the lack of success and say "I told you so" than it is to admit that it's not Prescott's job to worry how the staff figures out contracts and builds a roster.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I tend to agree. Some fans seem to think all it takes is Prescott taking less money and we're set. Well, he's been paid peanuts for 4 seasons and that should be enough time to make a run given the roster. It's easier to address the lack of success and say "I told you so" than it is to admit that it's not Prescott's job to worry how the staff figures out contracts and builds a roster.
And if he takes less then I guarantee that there will be another player that is greedy that will suck up all that extra money.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
And if he takes less then I guarantee that there will be another player that is greedy that will suck up all that extra money.
Already has been, though I don't concern myself with contracts because we're not 100% informed on all of the facts. I mean, Elliott got paid. So did Lawrence. Same with the O line.

BermyStar

Reaction score
I think he should look out for himself and get what he can, this is a business. And love him or hate him... he's been a bargain this far.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I was only providing a quote straight from the man’s mouth

I tried numerous search criteria and came up with zero articles that have that quote so since you insist this is a real quote provide the link to prove it because anyone that has seen the history of Emmitt's contracts can see that when he DID hold out he was STILL under contract and VERY VERY seriously doubts that Emmitt didn't know when he was still under contract.

I see you couldn't help yourself from looking foolish again

kskboys

Reaction score
But, that means you're not interested in winning a super bowl? I don't understand.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I tried numerous search criteria and came up with zero articles that have that quote so since you insist this is a real quote provide the link to prove it because anyone that has seen the history of Emmitt's contracts can see that when he DID hold out he was STILL under contract and VERY VERY seriously doubts that Emmitt didn't know when he was still under contract.

Watch this video.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Of course, that's obvious. However, I'm rooting for a contract around 30 mil/year. That makes Dak extremely rich and still allows room to build a team.

I really haven't seen anyone saying that's all it takes, but not overpaying players is definitely part of the equation.

StuckMojo

Reaction score

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/emmitt-smith-ezekiel-elliott-holdout/509805

https://insidethestar.com/ezekiel-elliotts-holdout-is-different-from-emmitt-smith-in-1993/

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Watch this video.

WOW, I'm totally blown away. When records show that as a rookie he signed a 4 year contract and at the start of the 3rd year he didn't report (everyone else says held out) and Emmitt saying that his rookie contract was fulfilled and he was unemployed and just negotiating. If this is true why didn't a single other team make a contract offer to him? Free agency was around then. I've always really like Emmitt but now I'm starting to think he's starting to get dementia and his memory is starting to fail him. I know that's a terrible thing to say about Emmitt but that's the only thing I can think of that explains why he is saying something that the records don't support.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
WOW, I'm totally blown away. When records show that as a rookie he signed a 4 year contract and at the start of the 3rd year he didn't report (everyone else says held out) and Emmitt saying that his rookie contract was fulfilled and he was unemployed and just negotiating. If this is true why didn't a single other team make a contract offer to him? Free agency was around then. I've always really like Emmitt but now I'm starting to think he's starting to get dementia and his memory is starting to fail him. I know that's a terrible thing to say about Emmitt but that's the only thing I can think off that explains why he is saying something that the records don't support.
Honestly, he looked drunk as a skunk and I think he may be confusing his rookie holdout with the 1993 hold out.

kskboys

Reaction score
Imagine if at your job, you had people expecting you to "take one for the team" and get paid less.
If I was making 30 mil, and they asked me to make 28 instead, but have a much better work environment, I'd do it w/o hesitation.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Honestly, he looked drunk as a skunk and I think he may be confusing his rookie holdout with the 1993 hold out.

Like I said, what Emmitt said and what his contract history says are two different things. I'm hoping that it was an alcohol induced memory loss and not the more permanent dementia.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Of course, that's obvious. However, I'm rooting for a contract around 30 mil/year. That makes Dak extremely rich and still allows room to build a team.

I really haven't seen anyone saying that's all it takes, but not overpaying players is definitely part of the equation.
I don't see how any fan can determine another person's salary. It's a job.
The theory of building a team because there's room makes no sense. We've had 4 years.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Agreed, I find it amazing how easily people say how easy it would be for others to take less money. It's not money out of their pockets. If a player a player doesn't take less money, none of that money is coming out of their pockets.