Dak should treated like Murray not Barber

Se7enout

Reaction score
Yep....we really earned the 4th Overall Pick enter Zeke smh:muttley:

This is weak Hate sauce.....watch @Risen Star threads closely.....that is pure uncut Dak Hater dope....the Haters will see through your trash....3-5 pages long threads is weak :lmao2:

I'm not hating, dak is good I admit that. He just isn't irreplaceable good. His talent level is easy to come by. Same with murray and barber.
It's fine to have good and average players but if you start paying them like they're elite that's when you jam yourself up.
I like dak and would be happy to have him as my QB, just not for anything near what he is asking. Honestly he has earned about half of what they're reporting he wants.
We shouldn't overpay dak just because "hes what we have and we must keep him." That's false. Hes no marino, namath, aikman, brady... hes just ok.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The only mistake we made was not trading Murray when we had the chance. We could still trade zeke though...

If I was a HC or GM and the strength of my team was the Oline then I would become RB University. Bringing in RB's every other year with 3rd to 5th round draft picks. Running them for a couple years, making them look like stars behind our line and winning rushing titles. Then trading them to other teams and starting all over again.

Denver was that sort of thing 10 years ago. Nearly every back they looked like an all pro behind that line.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I was in line to pay at a convenience store and he was crowding me. I told him to back off and put on his mask. He cussed me out, so I gave him a left jab to the nose. I told him he wouldn't have gotten any blood on his shirt if he was wearing his mask, that was around his neck! I was a bit nervous about being arrested but he took off as everyone laughed at him.

Lucky lucky guy. Last time I busted a guy up I got sued. And he threw the first punch. Gotta control that. Unfortunately. Isnt like when we were growing up.

Se7enout

Reaction score
If I was a HC or GM and the strength of my team was the Oline then I would become RB University. Bringing in RB's every other year with 3rd to 5th round draft picks. Running them for a couple years, making them look like stars behind our line and winning rushing titles. Then trading them to other teams and starting all over again.

Denver was that sort of thing 10 years ago. Nearly every back they looked like an all pro behind that line.
I agree but that only works for so long lol.
The same could be done with QB. With our line and wr's we could make average QBs like dak look above average and trade em off for multiple high picks.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm not hating, dak is good I admit that. He just isn't irreplaceable good. His talent level is easy to come by. Same with murray and barber.
It's fine to have good and average players but if you start paying them like they're elite that's when you jam yourself up.
I like dak and would be happy to have him as my QB, just not for anything near what he is asking. Honestly he has earned about half of what they're reporting he wants.
We shouldn't overpay dak just because "hes what we have and we must keep him." That's false. Hes no marino, namath, aikman, brady... hes just ok.

I'm not hating, dak is good I admit that.

Wow!!! Now I respect that. Honestly. Well done. You have more guts then any of the trolls on here.

That's just what they pay top 10 type QB's these days. Its sad, but that's reality. The problem is that Jerry has put us in this position where we are totally screwed. Maybe he learns his lesson and starts taking QB's more often and developing them.

But trust me, NOT signing Dak isn't really an option. And when you look at how well the Joneses have prepared for this with the salary cap its a no brainer.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I was in line to pay at a convenience store and he was crowding me. I told him to back off and put on his mask. He cussed me out, so I gave him a left jab to the nose. I told him he wouldn't have gotten any blood on his shirt if he was wearing his mask, that was around his neck! I was a bit nervous about being arrested but he took off as everyone laughed at him.
Theres a few people around here I'd like to see breathe on you while on line at the Mini Mart.

John813

Reaction score
Looking back, NOT paying Murray was a huge mistake. For EXACTLY the reason you spoke of. And to compound that initial dumb move of using a 4th pick to draft a RB they doubled down and made him the highest paid RB two years before his contract was up. LOL

I agree. They ran him ragged in 2014, but he showed in Tenn he still had enough gas in the tank for the guaranteed years.
The way the offense ran, they were most efficient with a strong run game and a strong RB. Murray was that back.
Could of paid Murray and held off on blowing their load on the Crawford extension.

Stephen going el cheapo only added to the disaster for the 2015 season.

Se7enout

Reaction score
You realize the Cowboys just paid Zeke big time, right?

A year without a bellcow back made the Cowboys spend the 4th overall on Elliott.

And to compare a RB to the QB spot is laughable.
Zeke is a much more talented r&b then Murray and barber. That's the point. We didnt hang on to an average player that looked above average because of his teammates. We didnt overpay him like we did with barber. We let him walk, saved ourselves the hassle that philly had to deal with and we ended up with a MUCH better rb in the end.
Rosters are a revolving door. Players come and go every year. There is no reason QB can't be the same. Until you find that aikman, bray, Marino.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We learned from our mistake with marrion barber and it worked out! Letting DeMarco walk was one of the best moves Dallas has made.
The dak situation is the exact same. With the exact same knuckle heads acting like the team will fall apart without him. It wasn't true with DeMarco it isn't true with dak.
No dak > overpaid dak

The Dak-Zoids have starting to look like the Boy who cried wolf.
Since 2 springs ago they have been singing the "contract is coming the contract is coming" but to no avail.
These folks have seriously underestimated the Dalton signing in connection with the Big Mikes's arrival.
Reality is harsh for those who place any one player over the Star.
July 15th things might not work out for them as expected.
crywolf.jpg

Se7enout

Reaction score
Nah. Nobody would trade for Zeke’s contract.
Not now but in another year or 2 it will seem cheap as the cap grows. As long as his play is on point we could get something decent for him.
We could get 2-3 picks for dak, bring in cam newton to compete with Andy dalton for the starting job. Let the line make them look amazing and trade them in the off season regardless of how well they performed and draft a QB in the 1st round.
Dak has value, at this point with his demands his value isnt as a member of the team.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not now but in another year or 2 it will seem cheap as the cap grows. As long as his play is on point we could get something decent for him.
We could get 2-3 picks for dak, bring in cam newton to compete with Andy dalton for the starting job. Let the line make them look amazing and trade them in the off season regardless of how well they performed and draft a QB in the 1st round.
Dak has value, at this point with his demands his value isnt as a member of the team.

No team will give any serious amount of picks for Dak.....

Williamsboys

Reaction score
I'm no Dak lover but arent you talking about 2 positions here, and doesnt the quarterback have alot more responsibility??

Se7enout

Reaction score
No team will give any serious amount of picks for Dak.....

A sucker is born every second. With his stats alone (due mainly to his line and weapons granted) we could fleece someone into trading for him.
Bears, Broncos, Panthers, Commanders....

HungryLion

Reaction score
Come on man.

The positions are clearing different. The Murray issue was because RB’a don’t last as long and he was already like 26 at the time.

Longevity isn’t a factor when considering to sign Dak or not sign Dak.

There’s a lot of major differences in the scenarios.