Dak should treated like Murray not Barber

Se7enout

Reaction score
Come on man.

The positions are clearing different. The Murray issue was because RB’a don’t last as long and he was already like 26 at the time.

Longevity isn’t a factor when considering to sign Dak or not sign Dak.

There’s a lot of major differences in the scenarios.
But understanding who deserves the big money an who doesn't isnt exclusive to any one position.
Dak is a great QB under his rookie deal, the more he makes the less valuable he becomes as he leans more toward a hindrance on the team then an asset. This holds true for every player. The problem here is that dak seems hellbent on making himself an enormous hindrance.
The best case scenario would be for dallas to contact his agent and tell him he can shop for a trade partner.
Dak would obviously have to get a deal in place before the trade and will finally see his true value.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We learned from our mistake with marrion barber and it worked out! Letting DeMarco walk was one of the best moves Dallas has made.
The dak situation is the exact same. With the exact same knuckle heads acting like the team will fall apart without him. It wasn't true with DeMarco it isn't true with dak.
No dak > overpaid dak

you lost me when you had to say knuckleheads.

otherwise...are you the offspring of pappydog and leeblair? Because they sure seem like they are breeding posters such as them and yourself.

Se7enout

Reaction score
you lost me when you had to say knuckleheads.

otherwise...are you the offspring of pappydog and leeblair? Because they sure seem like they are breeding posters such as them and yourself.
Nah man, I like dak. Hes just not worth the pricetag. Hes an average game manager who wants to be paid like a game changer.
I think at this point he has more value to us in a trade then on the roster.
I think some fans get to attached to players and think with their hearts instead of their heads.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We learned from our mistake with marrion barber and it worked out! Letting DeMarco walk was one of the best moves Dallas has made.
The dak situation is the exact same. With the exact same knuckle heads acting like the team will fall apart without him. It wasn't true with DeMarco it isn't true with dak.
No dak > overpaid dak
Different positions different treatment. A top-notch RB is much easier to replace than a top-notch QB. Your problem is you don't recognize how special Dak is so it causes you to say all sorts of foolish things on these pages.

Nav22

Reaction score
Not now but in another year or 2 it will seem cheap as the cap grows. As long as his play is on point we could get something decent for him.
We could get 2-3 picks for dak, bring in cam newton to compete with Andy dalton for the starting job. Let the line make them look amazing and trade them in the off season regardless of how well they performed and draft a QB in the 1st round.
Dak has value, at this point with his demands his value isnt as a member of the team.
You have no idea how difficult it is to find a QB who performs as well as Dak does.

None.

Cam Newton is unemployed for a reason.

Andy Dalton is making less than 10% of what Dak will make for a reason.

Se7enout

Reaction score
Different positions different treatment. A top-notch RB is much easier to replace than a top-notch QB. Your problem is you don't recognize how special Dak is so it causes you to say all sorts of foolish things on these pages.
I see how special dak's weapons have been... I will say again dak is a good QB. Hes not as good as he wants to be paid for and there in lies the problem.
Dalton or newton could see similar success behind this line with our rb and wr's. So why pay dak elite money when we could get picks for him bring in newton to compete with dalton and draft a QB next year after trading away newton as well.
We have such great protection and offensive weapons we could make either of those 2 look elite.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
No dak > overpaid dak

After we let Murray go we went 4-12.

Se7enout

Reaction score
You have no idea how difficult it is to find a QB who performs as well as Dak does.

None.

Cam Newton is unemployed for a reason.

Andy Dalton is making less than 10% of what Dak will make for a reason.
So you think its difficult to go 8-8 and miss the playoffs? Because I dont. Lol

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Did you see how well Murray did in philly? Do you really think that 4-12 was because of him?

No, it was because you didn't have a QB. The same stupid thing you're trying in this thread.

Welcome to ignore with the rest of the terrible posters.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I see how special dak's weapons have been... I will say again dak is a good QB. Hes not as good as he wants to be paid for and there in lies the problem.
Dalton or newton could see similar success behind this line with our rb and wr's. So why pay dak elite money when we could get picks for him bring in newton to compete with dalton and draft a QB next year after trading away newton as well.
We have such great protection and offensive weapons we could make either of those 2 look elite.
They will pay Dak elite money because his stats say he is elite and it's simply his turn to get paid. In another year or two, his contract won't seem so costly because there will be 3 or 4 QB's making more. Dak is better than Newton. Again, I think you just don't recognize how special Dak is.

Se7enout

Reaction score
No, it was because you didn't have a QB. The same stupid thing you're trying in this thread.

Welcome to ignore with the rest of the terrible posters.
There were a lot of contributing factors. Qb, rb, coaching staff... just to name a few.

John813

Reaction score
Zeke is a much more talented r&b then Murray and barber. That's the point. We didnt hang on to an average player that looked above average because of his teammates. We didnt overpay him like we did with barber. We let him walk, saved ourselves the hassle that philly had to deal with and we ended up with a MUCH better rb in the end.
Rosters are a revolving door. Players come and go every year. There is no reason QB can't be the same. Until you find that aikman, bray, Marino.

Murray wasn't an average player. He was a very good running back stuck in a rotation till Garrett ran him full time and the results spoke for themselves in 2014.
His rookie year he set the all time single game rushing record for the Cowboys with 253 yards.
He then set the Cowboys single season rushing record in 2014. Average running backs don't do that, especially when you look at the history of the Cowboys and all the great running backs they have had.

Sure, Zeke may be a better overall back, but he isn't head and shoulders over Murray, unless we are talking about durability.
Philly was betting against themselves. They gave Murray a stupid high number to steal him for an offense that didn't even fit his strengths.

Cowboys knew they screwed up and then used a high pick on another bellcow. Guys like Aikman, Marino, Mahomes etc are once in a decade type of players. Might be another one in Lawrence next year, but it'll take the 1st overall to draft him and this roster even with a bad QB won't compete for the first overall.

Then what? Keep on drafting QB's to get lucky? Land a possible Paxton Lynch or Connor Cook? Completely throw away the rest of the primes for the O-Line, DL, LB's and continue on a perpetual rebuild?
I get Dak isn't that elite arm like Mahomes or elite mental focus like Brady or X&O like Manning. But his advanced stats don't lie. He is a good QB.

Nav22

Reaction score
So you think its difficult to go 8-8 and miss the playoffs? Because I dont. Lol
Dak’s 40-24 as a starter.

Compare his career record and stats with Newton and Dalton.

Go right ahead.

cowboygo

Reaction score
If I was a HC or GM and the strength of my team was the Oline then I would become RB University. Bringing in RB's every other year with 3rd to 5th round draft picks. Running them for a couple years, making them look like stars behind our line and winning rushing titles. Then trading them to other teams and starting all over again.

Denver was that sort of thing 10 years ago. Nearly every back they looked like an all pro behind that line.
agree. Zeke was ultimately the last piece for a Romo led team. It is sad we used a top 5 pick on a RB, trying to go all-in with our QB, but it was a risk taken. We just never saw them together.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I agree but that only works for so long lol.
The same could be done with QB. With our line and wr's we could make average QBs like dak look above average and trade em off for multiple high picks.

Agree on the QB thing as well. QB university and RB university. Draft them, develop them, trade them.

Cant agree on the Dak average thing. If there is anyone that the line has made look better than he is, its Zeke.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No dak > overpaid dak

This is an incredibly stupid post. :facepalm: You scream casual fan. You’re comparing the impact of an RB with a QB? lol In 2015 we had an RB put up almost 1100 yards rushing and we only won 4 games which was 10 fewer than the previous season because we didn’t have a capable QB. Allowing Murray to walk proved to be a terrible move because his replacement ended up scoring 10 fewer TDs and had more than 700 fewer rushing yards, which put more pressure on the 3 QBs we were forced to use after Romo went down. A young quality back could have put up 1500+ and a minimum of 7-8 TDs behind the OL we had in 2015. You would have to go all the was back to the days of Steve Beuerlein and Bernie Kosar to find a backup QB the Cowboys had success with until Dak came along. If the team thought they could have success with any QB they would have stayed with Cooper Rush as the backup. If you think the Cowboys wouldn’t fall apart without a capable QB you haven’t been following the team very long.

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak’s 40-24 as a starter.

Compare his career record and stats with Newton and Dalton.

Go right ahead.
27-21 the last 3 seasons with 8 of these wins vs the Giants and Skins.....
Impressive stuff there Goofport...:omg:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No dak > overpaid dak
I guess you like losing seasons, never having a chance and searching for the next QB for the next 5 years while wasting CD, Gallup and the rest of the rookies time with the cowboys.

awesome.

why so much hate and anger?