Dak summed up in a sentence and a question

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
I really can’t wait when cowboys go back to years and years of Quincy Carter, Ryan Leaf, Drew Henson and idiot fans that hated Romo and now Dak have to sit there and take it when the rest of us ridicule them.

ESisback

Reaction score
Ya they sure were amazing those 1st 3 games of the season against a hapless Giants, Skins and Dolphins. They were even more amazing in the 4th quarter of all those games they were behind like 27-6 and 21-3 at the end of the 3rd and they were positively astounding against a Saints team that our D only gave up 12 points to and lets not forget last week when our great great #1 ranked (all smoke and mirrors by the way) offense threw up a complete egg against a mediocre defense in the biggest game of the season. In answer to your question of how much do you pay them? the answer is NOT MUCH!!!

It’s a VERY thin line, E! The offense DID lay an egg, several times, but he also has a point that there’s WAY too many Dak theads!

IMO, if we had a different defensive scheme, a monster run stuffer at DT, and a healthy Romo at QB, we’d have at least 6 more wins right now!

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Stats don’t lie? There is a whole field dedicated to statically manipulation. Twain said it best Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics...

I think you are a great poster but defending the defense is idiotic. Happy New Year.

I love guys who talk like they understand everything but never really address what has been put right in front of them. Happy New year to you too

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
It’s a VERY thin line, E! The offense DID lay an egg, several times, but he also has a point that there’s WAY too many Dak theads!

IMO, if we had a different defensive scheme, a monster run stuffer at DT, and a healthy Romo at QB, we’d have at least 6 more wins right now!

I don't disagree with the bolded but i will say that i have never started one Dak thread

Kaiser

Reaction score
Oh, so you’re tacking Desert Storm on to the Rez now, lool?

And go ahead and name the committee?

I don’t need you to explain to me you never attended Caltech, lol. Nobody has ever confused you for some intellect.

Lets hear about your job first. Which Condo complex pays you to twirl the big cardboard arrow around?

Kaiser

Reaction score
Would someone qualify for VA benefits if they had a concession stand job at Soldier Field?

No, even though its more dangerous than the Air Force, it still wouldn't qualify.

Its just one of those dirty, thankless jobs that everyone ends up doing in their lives. Like scrubbing toilets or explaining football to Cal Poly.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I love guys who talk like they understand everything but never really address what has been put right in front of them. Happy New year to you too

Ok. How many punts did this great defense force vs Buffalo? How about Chicago? Are those teams juggernauts on offense? Mitch T has his best game of the season vs which D? How did this top D do vs the Jets who had a QB coming back from mono? Darnold shredded this great D. Those were 3 games this team had to have and the D was 100 percent responsible for the loss. The Philly loss would not have mattered if Dallas got a couple Ws there. How about this Mr Stat man - where does Dallas rank in defensive takeaways? Hint - somewhere in the bottom 5. Check out how they fare in INTs as well. Hint, not good. Want more? How about 3rd down conversions? Hint, last 5 weeks they have been in the bottom 10 of the league. Sucking when it mattered most. How did this top 10 defense handle a depleted Eagles offense last week? Individually can you tell me which defender has had a better season than last? Mr Stat guy, Smith has more tackles in 2019 than 2018. He playing better this year?

I love you guys that pull out team rankings and stats and base all your conclusions on those. Do you watch the games? Mr Stat guy, point differential is usually a good indicator of what a team’s WL record should be. How does that look for Dallas this year? Spurious Correlations, Data Mining, etc...

Stats lie all the time...

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NFL teams do not fear or gameplan for Dak Prescott as a passer or runner in any notable way.

How much should you pay a quarterback like that?
I’m starting to get the feeling you don’t like Dak.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, that offense was amazing against the good defenses we played.

Do you watch, or do silly stats make your observations for you?
“Silly stats” coming from a Romo loyalist. LOL.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Ok. How many punts did this great defense force vs Buffalo? How about Chicago? Are those teams juggernauts on offense? Mitch T has his best game of the season vs which D? How did this top D do vs the Jets who had a QB coming back from mono? Darnold shredded this great D. Those were 3 games this team had to have and the D was 100 percent responsible for the loss. The Philly loss would not have mattered if Dallas got a couple Ws there. How about this Mr Stat man - where does Dallas rank in defensive takeaways? Hint - somewhere in the bottom 5. Check out how they fare in INTs as well. Hint, not good. Want more? How about 3rd down conversions? Hint, last 5 weeks they have been in the bottom 10 of the league. Sucking when it mattered most. How did this top 10 defense handle a depleted Eagles offense last week? Individually can you tell me which defender has had a better season than last? Mr Stat guy, Smith has more tackles in 2019 than 2018. He playing better this year?

I love you guys that pull out team rankings and stats and base all your conclusions on those. Do you watch the games? Mr Stat guy, point differential is usually a good indicator of what a team’s WL record should be. How does that look for Dallas this year? Spurious Correlations, Data Mining, etc...

Stats lie all the time...

Thats a two way street bud. How many points did our offense score against the Saints when our D held them to 12 points? or tha Pats to 13 points or last week when the held the Eagles to 17 points. I never said our D was the #1 D in football, i just pointed out they were ranked #11 overall and in points and passing yards allowed and 13th in rushing yards allowed, i said they were good enough for our #1 offense to have more than 7 wins and they are. So you pointed out 3 games that had the D played better the Philly game wouldn't have mattered, well i pointed out a couple where had the offense played better it wouldn't have mattered. D was ranked #11 overall the Offense was ranked # 1, if as you say stats lie for the D then they must certainly lie for the offense too? Wouldn't you agree?

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
NFL teams do not fear or gameplan for Dak Prescott as a passer or runner in any notable way.

How much should you pay a quarterback like that?

Teams scheme and gameplan based on the other team's playbook and playcalling, not the QB.
That depends on the playbook & play calling .

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Thats a two way street bud. How many points did our offense score against the Saints when our D held them to 12 points? or tha Pats to 13 points or last week when the held the Eagles to 17 points. I never said our D was the #1 D in football, i just pointed out they were ranked #11 overall and in points and passing yards allowed and 13th in rushing yards allowed, i said they were good enough for our #1 offense to have more than 7 wins and they are. So you pointed out 3 games that had the D played better the Philly game wouldn't have mattered, well i pointed out a couple where had the offense played better it wouldn't have mattered. D was ranked #11 overall the Offense was ranked # 1, if as you say stats lie for the D then they must certainly lie for the offense too? Wouldn't you agree?

Offense has been the better unit but very inconsistent. That NE oftense was struggling when we played them. To coin the crap coach Dallas has sucked in all 3 phases.

Believe me the issues are shared.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Offense has been the better unit but very inconsistent. That NE oftense was struggling when we played them. To coin the crap coach Dallas has sucked in all 3 phases.

Believe me the issues are shared.

Isn't that what the stats show? that the offense was the better unit? Both were very inconsistant

wrongway

Reaction score
They are 8th in points scored and would be 4th if they had a reliable kicker all season. If you think the offense was the problem this year, you haven't been paying attention.
Solely no, absolved from any blame, no. Plenty to go around from top to bottom.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
average, inconsistent, guy, is that good enough to beat good teams? yes if you go through the run first. These gaudy stats don't equate to wins.