Dak summed up in a sentence and a question

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Goff has 19 TD's and 16 picks. Just 3 more TD's than picks. Prescott who so many here like to trash has 26 TD's and 11 picks or over twice as many TD's than picks. BTW that same Prescott as a rookie set an NFL record for the fewest picks by a rookie QB that started all 16 games with only 4 picks and 23 TD's or almost SIX times more TD's than picks.

Goff's down year does not make Prescott what you want him to be.
That wasn't what he discussed in his post - he implied in his post that Goff's college success didn't translate tot he NFL. 2 seasons out of Goff's 4 season career, he has made the probowl and gotten to a Super Bowl.

In Big Ben's third season, he had 18 TDs to 23 INTs. I mean, QBs have down years. It happens to even the best.

erod

Reaction score
You guys just say stupid stuff to rile people up. What individual with a brain thinks college success will translate to the NFL? Burrow may be a fine quarterback but he has to actually do it. Ask Jarod Goff.
You are actually trying to compare what Burrow is doing with what Goff ever did in college?

Holy wow.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
That wasn't what he discussed in his post - he implied in his post that Goff's college success didn't translate tot he NFL. 2 seasons out of Goff's 4 season career, he has made the probowl and gotten to a Super Bowl.

In Big Ben's third season, he had 18 TDs to 23 INTs. I mean, QBs have down years. It happens to even the best.

Oh so Goff is one of the best QB's in the league? Why hasn't he ever be mentioned in the top tier QBs listings. Hey Trent Dilfer got to s Super Bowl and NOBODY thinks he was a good QB.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You are actually trying to compare what Burrow is doing with what Goff ever did in college?

Holy wow.
Comprehension. I never ONCE COMPARED THEM. My simple point of let's wait and see what he does on the field is going over your head. But troll on my mistake for bringing logic to the discussion.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What about Goff?
He's a bum 1st overall pick. Now since Erod got confused let me state that I am by no means say they are the same prospect. Burrow looks like he should translate well to the NFL. But I was told Goff would too. And its still early on Goff but early impressions look bust worthy. Just gotta see it on the field. And if he goes to a bad team that's a even bigger obstacle for him to climb. Hopefully for his sake he doesn't.

erod

Reaction score
Comprehension. I never ONCE COMPARED THEM. My simple point of let's wait and see what he does on the field is going over your head. But troll on my mistake for bringing logic to the discussion.
Dallas needs to trade whatever is necessary to Cincinnati to get that pick. If they ever really want to win anything again, that is.

Joe Burrow is the best QB to come out in a very long time. He's complete. Great arm, great athleticism, tough as hell, and a pro prospect in every sense of the word.

He looks like Peyton Manning in college, but with more athleticism.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Goff has been exposed and trash for over a year now. Its not just this season he started this towards the end of last year as well. Go back and look at his games or stats or whatever you watch. He looks bad. I'm not some QB guru that's going to tell you why becauseI don't know. He has a great QB coach in McVey there but I have no idea why he looks lost and is this bad .

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dallas needs to trade whatever is necessary to Cincinnati to get that pick. If they ever really want to win anything again, that is.

Joe Burrow is the best QB to come out in a very long time. He's complete. Great arm, great athleticism, tough as hell, and a pro prospect in every sense of the word.

He looks like Peyton Manning in college, but with more athleticism.
I've heard it all before. Heard it about the great Andrew Luck before he retired at 29. Heard it about Mariotta and Winston before Winston went on to throw 30 picks this season and for Mariotta went on to back up Tannehill.

Its all moot. Why in the hell would the Bengals tank all year just to trade their pick lol? You are saying some far out there stuff. The only pick possibly up for trade is that #2 depending on if its the Giants or whoever has a quarterback already. Quit getting yourself riled up over something that won't ever happen.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Goff has been exposed and trash for over a year now. Its not just this season he started this towards the end of last year as well. Go back and look at his games or stats or whatever you watch. He looks bad. I'm not some QB guru that's going to tell you why becauseI don't know. He has a great QB coach in McVey there but I have no idea why he looks lost and is this bad .

Again, at MOST the only thing you can claim is that he is having a down year.

He's been to the probowl 2x out of his 4 year career and made it to the Super Bowl. You're posting stupid again, don't do that.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I don't care how many yards they gave up. I didn't say they gave up the most yards a game I said they had one of the worst defenses. I remember that year very well. Any time a solid team came to them they got torched. Since you are bringing up stats go look up their stats against good opponents.

Funny thing, not ha ha funny, that as bad as you claim their defense was and how they got torched by good teams they beat division leading Cowboys and then in the Super Bowl they beat the then unbeaten patriots to win the Super Bowl. Maybe your memory isn't quite as good as you think it is.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Oh so Goff is one of the best QB's in the league? Why hasn't he ever be mentioned in the top tier QBs listings. Hey Trent Dilfer got to s Super Bowl and NOBODY thinks he was a good QB.

Want to post where I said he's "one of the best in the league"? You like to add to things that aren't there.

Again, read the post I responded to: He specifically stated that what Goff did in college didn't translate to the NFL. Making the pro-bowl twice, AT THE VERY LEAST, suggests players/fans believe Goff had 2 seasons where he was one of the better QBs in the league.

And Trent Dilfer got to a Super Bowl due to having a historic defense. HURR DURR. Goff didn't have the Ravens-type defense.

Who is up next?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I watched a season where our Defense and ST lost a bunch of games for us. I watched a season where Dak was in MVP discussions for the first half of the season.

You watched those games and posted that LVE was a MLB.

We had 3 road games with no touchdowns this year.

Dak is solid but he is absolutely terrible value.

His stats are meaningless because he wasn’t very effective and unless he throws for 4 TDs today he will have another year that he hasn’t thrown for 30 TDs.

I think what is more concerning is how the entire offense goes off the rails when Amari Cooper isn’t great.

cern

Reaction score
I was impressed with burrow and the long haired lad from Clemson. of course they could turn become aikman or ryan leaf. but both seem to possess a lot of character. I predict good futures in the nfl for both. as for dak,, he couldn't carry his team last week. wentz clearly did.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep can have a passing team without ....you get the picture...

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I've heard it all before. Heard it about the great Andrew Luck before he retired at 29. Heard it about Mariotta and Winston before Winston went on to throw 30 picks this season and for Mariotta went on to back up Tannehill.

Its all moot. Why in the hell would the Bengals tank all year just to trade their pick lol? You are saying some far out there stuff. The only pick possibly up for trade is that #2 depending on if its the Giants or whoever has a quarterback already. Quit getting yourself riled up over something that won't ever happen.
They are much more in need of a QB. It's sad, the lever of silly hatred won't change Prescott being the starter in Dallas.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
But let's play this game that Goff is just a bum now for having a down year. What the hell was Dak Prescott? In 2017 Dak had 6 multiple turnover games, 5 games with a rating below 70, 3 games with a rating below 90, and 6 games where he didn't score a TD. He was one of the worst ranked QBs in the league in 2017 from week 10 to week 17.

Was Prescott a "bum" then? Or is the excuse that he was taken in the 4th round, so it's all good?