Dak Supporters, Where are You?

Ddisco22

Reaction score
I supported Dak, even though all the trouble last year while Zeke was out, but after today I am starting to wonder if not playing for three weeks before this game messed him up, or if he just isn't the right QB to lead the O line? I am honestly on the fence right now after how bad the offense played today.
When did the qb start leading the O line??
Their job is to protect him, they couldn't do it, no could the coaches call a decent have

JayFord

Reaction score
if this were a seafood restaurant and dak was a sous chef can you fire him if the executive chef says make 3 cheese lobster ravioli with immitation crab and kraft slices????

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
wr's need to quit going out for 7-9 yard passes and hang out more around 4-5 yards. Daks comfort zone.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Dmr5OTnUYAE2PqE.jpg

Was that the game we won like 9 - 6 on Monday Night Football? That game sucked even though we won. Dark days.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I have been in Dak’s corner. Today was a dumpster fire— no doubt. Everybody on offense can take some blame.

This was a road loss against a good defensive team. Reminded me of the Denver game last year— despite the score being closer overall due to the solid effort of the defense.

Good thing it was only one game. Will be interesting to see how they play going forward.

Was it rust and new personnel playing together for the first time? Was it bad playcalling? Was it getting matched up against a good D w/o Frederick in the lineup? Was it just bc Dak sucks as a QB?

We will know more next week. Was this an aberation or a reality? For me— Dak gets this season to show us who he is. His first game went about as poorly as it could have gone :(

plymkr

Reaction score
I'm a Dak supporter and I'll admit that today was the first day that I think he may not be a franchise guy. He missed a couple crucial throws that would have been huge. The one to the tight end in the first half when the TE was wide open and Dak missed him was a big blow to the offense and a momentum killer. That's a throw he needs to make.

Watching that game I had 2 thoughts. 1. I really miss Romo. 2. Romo really made up for a lot of deficiencies in the offense and coaching staff.

I hope it hits home with Jerry tonight that he truly did waste Romo's talent and career farting around with that joke of a head coach "in training".

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Many are just like me. Soured on him last year but hopeful he would improve with an offseason and new hyped up offense. Now, totally done. He is not good enough to be a NFL starter. Can’t really explain his rookie year except to say he was hungry and fighting for everything. Now he thinks he has arrived and can’t duplicate the heart and desire he had as a rookie. Reminds me of RG3 sad to say.

pansophy

Reaction score
It’s one game...

But it’s disheartening to see the same problems, poor footwork, not feeling the pressure, inaccuracy, and hanging onto the ball too long.
The 4th down throw to sideline that was high is the biggest problem IMO. If he can start making those throws then defenses can't clog the middle of the field and then things start to open up again.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Dak supporter here but he needs to show improvement in this third year. Needs huge improvements in accuracy and reading the field. Today he looked lost and hesitant against a secondary that isn't all that great. Offensive coaching/ playcalling ain't doing him any favors.....but still, he showed nothing today.....

Blake

Reaction score
Was a Dak homer in 2016. On the fence last year. Now, I'm convinced he's not the guy. That said, moving on from Romo in 16' was still the right decision.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Dak supporters are always here but what's funny is you guys that try to make it out like everything is his fault. I will continue to defend Dak but I also have an open mind and not an agenda to prove my way.

Dak had some bad passes yes but he also made some very good throws as well. Problem is you guys only want to talk about negatives and skip over any positives. Some passes by that were bad was bad mechanics. Some of the bad passes is when the interior OL allowed guys in his face and he couldn't step into his throw. He needs to play better but so does everybody on offense, it's not just Dak and if you're only blaming Dak then I question your football IQ

Kaiser

Reaction score
I'm a Dak supporter, the pass to Jarwin was inexcusable but he had very few preseason reps and needed some plays to get his footing. That's why the second half was so much different than the first.

Dre11

Reaction score
Scheme is terrible. Worst in the league. Receivers don’t get open. The new thing is the OL sucks. 6 sacks and if not for Dak it would have been 10-12 sacks.

The offense is a complete failure. That is not on Dak.

Dak does hold the ball too long sometimes which creates sacks.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m a Dak supporter. He played poorly today. No excuses. This offense has a ton of work to do in developing some chemistry with new receivers. And Dak made several poor throws for sure.

But he had a lot of company on offense. Tyron Smith had a terrible first half, the run blocking was not good, pass blocking was spotty. I’m hard pressed to name anyone on offense other than maybe Beasley who had a decent game. The offense looked beyond conservative. Not a single deep pass even attempted that I remember. You should throw at least a couple every game. You might even get a pass interference call once in a while.

I remain a Dak supporter. Yes he sucked today. But crying about it doesn’t change anything. His effectiveness and efficiency two years ago was mostly based on the success of the running game which was off and on last year and certainly off today.

I still think Dak is a good QB who is 24 and developing. He must get better, but it’s just one game. No excuses. He sucked today. But for right now, he’s the best option we have at QB. The coaching sucked today too which does no favors for a developing young QB.

Gaede

Reaction score
Looks bad.

Hard to say if it's him or the coach. But it's possible it's a joint effort

Kaiser

Reaction score
He needs to play better but so does everybody on offense, it's not just Dak and if you're only blaming Dak then I question your football IQ

I'd like to see one of the statheads post the win-loss records of NFL QBs in games where they are sacked 6 times.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I am a "the jury is still out" on Dak guy. Dak had no chance tonight. Yes he does look bad in the pocket at times but Connor Williams gave him no pocket to step up into all game.

I'm a "the jury is still out" guy but I disagree that Dak had no chance tonight. I felt like Romo could've kept it competitive if he was still here. I know that ship has sailed now, but well if Romo has won games that seemed far worse to me, then I'm not willing to say Dak had no chance.