Dak Supporters, Where are You?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You dudes are so corny...like I get it...you hate Dak or think he sucks. Why not be reasonable it though?Why not wait until a few games to do the whole "I told you so" schtick? That's how you know its personal with you guys. Losers.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Prescott has my sympathies. Romo was the object of overt criticism and Prescott has adopted his burden.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
He has to deal with undoubtedly a bottom five OC and a bottom two head coach.

His QB coach is obviously a guy who doesn't know all that much about being a quarterback- he was literally hired to the position because Linehan loves him and Dak thinks he is cool, I guess. He was also a terrible, terrible quarterback.

We have no speed on the team. I am watching the Bears and Packers game right now, the bears look like they are shot out of cannons compared to us.

We have no creative play calling: No RPO that I can remember today, no misdirection, no play action, take a shot deep - who care if it even works, just let the defense know you can throw it.

We have the worst TE group in the league.

On top of all of that, we have our one dominate O-line become very poor. Connor Williams was getting pushed back like crazy!

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
He’s a mediocre qb throwing to the least talented WR/TE group in the league.

What could go wrong?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Romo is the that actually had no scheme and no OL and Jason Garrett was his OC and the latter couldn’t run the ball and Red Ginger didn’t even allow Romo in game-planning decisions..

Let that sink in when you consider what Romo was working with..

Not only that. Today Offensive Line was merely just Bad. Romo had Some lines that were Horrendous, where he would be running for his life. We didn't see Dak being killed out there today. So people bringing up the Offensive Line, well my ears are deaf to that.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Can't lie. He looked bad today. I'm still pulling for him, though. To be honest, the entire offense looked bad. Nobody can dispute that.
when does a qb look like crap, and the rest ofthe offense look good? Name me one bad qb today where their offense looked good?

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not a Dak fan but I root for him every play, doesn’t mean I can’t be critical of him
As long as you can admit to everything that went wrong and not blame it all on Dak. That's the problem I have with some posters. He was bad today, but there are those who can't admit that there are contributing factors to his overall performance. And anyone who does admit that the Oline sucked today (for example) is accused of making excuses. We need Dak to step up though, no doubt about it.

rags747

Reaction score
Just as an FYI I am a Dak supporter as he is a great kid and a great leader, he is just not a great QB IMO. There are many on here that swore that he was a top 5 franchise QB, was just curious to see if their offseason convictions had changed.

Swanny

Reaction score
I'm a "the jury is still out" guy but I disagree that Dak had no chance tonight. I felt like Romo could've kept it competitive if he was still here. I know that ship has sailed now, but well if Romo has won games that seemed far worse to me, then I'm not willing to say Dak had no chance.
100% agree Romo would have done much more. But Romo was really really good

Reid1boys

Reaction score
There are a lot of factors at play here, you can't put it all on Dak. Though he has to be better, he also needs help.

The first quarter and a half they didn't call a single pass more then 5 yards down the field. It was all naked roll outs, swing passes and bubble screens.

Still running far too many curl routes, even though it is so plain as day that Dak is much more accurate and comfortable when throwing slants and crossing type routes.

ZERO shots down the field. What is the point of Thompson and Gallup if you have them running come back routes all game?

The whole scheme is stale and the book is out on how to stop it.
every game he plays like crap we hear that tired excuse..... he has to have help... blah, blah, blah. Put the blame where it belongs.... DAK

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
OL was average today, but would like to see some throws downfield. If he could throw them they would call them. Something needs to change because while Dak has a lot positives, defenses are able to make Dak play to his weaknesses right now.
That's false he can throw them. They didn't call deep passes with Weeden, Cassell, Sanchez or Moore and those guys, especially Weeden can throw deep . It's a play calling thing. Only time offense was different is Romo and that's because he ran what he wanted

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
every game he plays like crap we hear that tired excuse..... he has to have help... blah, blah, blah. Put the blame where it belongs.... DAK
He doesn't play like crap every game way to go over board. Dak isn't the only one to blame and to say so just does an agenda

khiladi

Reaction score
Not only that. Today Offensive Line was merely just Bad. Romo had Some lines that were Horrendous, where he would be running for his life. We didn't see Dak being killed out there today. So people bringing up the Offensive Line, well my ears are deaf to that.

I can’t recall how many times defenses had unaccounted for men blitzing when Red Ginger was controlling this offense. Free runners everywhere and Romo has to break the pocket so many times right at the snap.

Even in bad days, this line still gives Dak time to throw.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
He doesn't play like crap every game way to go over board. Dak isn't the only one to blame and to say so just does an agenda
I said we hear the excuse in EVERY game that he plays like crap.... i didnt say he plays like crap every game. But he has played poor in far more games than he has played well going back to last season.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
OL was average today, but would like to see some throws downfield. If he could throw them they would call them. Something needs to change because while Dak has a lot positives, defenses are able to make Dak play to his weaknesses right now.
OL was terrible. No running lanes for Zek and Dak was sacked 6 times. He was throwing short most of the time because that’s all he had time to do. Dak was not very good, but the O line was way worse.

JDSmith

Reaction score
You dudes are so corny...like I get it...you hate Dak or think he sucks. Why not be reasonable it though?Why not wait until a few games to do the whole "I told you so" schtick? That's how you know its personal with you guys. Losers.

I'll agree with that but there was a thread made after a single preseason throw suggesting that Dak supposedly couldn't make that throw but he could if the receiver got separation. So basically a "See Dak is great and Dez sucked" thread. After one throw. In the preseason. And you think that 1 game is premature? And let's not forget the entire second half of last season.

Sorry, but while I agree with the sentiment some of the loudest people on both sides are pretty obnoxious and will make people on the other side want to rub it in their faces at the first opportunity.

Big D

Reaction score
Dak didn't have his best day for sure but despite the offensive struggles he didn't make any stupid mistakes and I honestly thought we were going to score the final drive if not for the good defensive play to cause the fumble. I'd like to see us come out and play to our supposed identity and line up to run the ball or at least show the treat of running the ball. I get that some don't think Dak has what it takes but we all know the team goes as Zeke goes and we gave him less opportunities in the run game than Car gave their QB in their run game.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I said we hear the excuse in EVERY game that he plays like crap.... i didnt say he plays like crap every game. But he has played poor in far more games than he has played well going back to last season.
We have had excuses for the Dallas QB dating back to 2006.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I can’t recall how many times defenses had unaccounted for men blitzing when Red Ginger was controlling this offense. Free runners everywhere and Romo has to break the pocket so many times right at the snap.

Even in bad days, this line still gives Dak time to throw.

Shoots or even Romo having to high Jump because the snapper snapped the ball way over his head.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'll agree with that but there was a thread made after a single preseason throw suggesting that Dak supposedly couldn't make that throw but he could if the receiver got separation. So basically a "See Dak is great and Dez sucked" thread. After one throw. In the preseason. And you think that 1 game is premature? And let's not forget the entire second half of last season.

Sorry, but while I agree with the sentiment some of the loudest people on both sides are pretty obnoxious and will make people on the other side want to rub it in their faces at the first opportunity.
That's just as stupid. ITs stupid from both sides I agree. But I think we also understand that the reason the Dak supporters jump to making posts like that is in response to the 100's of threads this whole board received about how bad Dak was.