Twitter: Dak talking about the impact of him not having any rushing attempts against the Colts

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His job is to help win football games and by any means necessary. Dak's legs are a vital aspect to his success right now as a young QB with a limited but developing skillset, pretending he shouldn't use this skill set because it doesn't fit your ideal image of a prototypical passing QB is just plain DUMB.

LOL...ok man by the time your done you will have changed how the QB position should be played in the NFL...and all this to excuse inept Dak once again...jeez....
Running QB that have limited passing abilities are defenses dog-meat.....51 sacks and counting.....

starcity214

Reaction score
DCs have said that the biggest thing that they fear in Dak is his running ability. Just like in some cases some Defenses have more problems stopping a mobile QB, than they do a pure pocket passer, statue like QB. So some defenses have weaknesses against mobile QBs and if they do then it makes sense to exploit. Plus, with a good pass rush, statue like QBs, who can't escape sacks/the pass rush can be shut down. As we saw with Brees. When our defense shut him down.

And QBs that can escape the rush or make plays when the line breaks down, can extend plays by either running or throwing to a WR, because the coverage can't keep up with the WR that long, if the QB can extend the play long enough. Being a mobile QB is not a negative thing and is in fact an asset to have. Some defenses rather go against pure pocket passers. Even though some way say that no one "fears" Dak.

Pfft!

I remember Chris Canty or some other D lineman turned commentator say that they would always prefer facing a "mobile" QB because you were almost guaranteed sacks because they held the ball too long.

Just look at who the league leaders in being sacked are and I guarantee you that all of the "mobile" QBs are in the top 10.

Also, I don't know why people think Dak can just take off all the time and run at will... Guys like Deshaun Watson, Mike Vick, the kid in Baltimore , and Kaepernick were way better athletes than Dak so they had some success in running the ball but in my eyes, Dak is too slow and would be stopped by the better defenses in the league.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Just more proof of this coaching staffs unwillingness/inability to adjust in a game. When it became obvious they were coming after Dak, we needed to move the pocket and go to quicker passes. We didnt. Same ol same ol.

Hadenough

Reaction score
He's apparently implying none were called but going forward, he'll make his own necessary adjustments if the game dictates.

Dak Prescott was not sure if last week’s game against Indianapolis was the first game of his career he did not have a rush. It wasn’t. It was the third, but some of that was by design because the Cowboys felt they could run against the Colts without many zone-read looks. Prescott, who has 303 yards on 67 carries on the season, wants to do more with his legs this week against Tampa Bay. “I kind of just go with what the defense is giving me and their schemes and if they’re giving me running lanes or something like that, taking off,” Prescott said. “To finish a game like last week not having any rushing attempts, probably for the first time in my whole career, it’s crazy. After the game, you feel as healthy as I did, you almost a bad feeling because I realize didn’t run the ball. I didn’t do certain things where I’ve got to be able to do that and take matters into my own hands and go do it even if it’s not called.”

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer8m ago

Another cut on Linehans vanilla play calling!

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Someone tell Dak that his Job is to Throw the Football as we have Zeke to run the ball.....as great leaders always do :rolleyes: he's looking to shift blame again from his horrendous performance once again....Guess he can't use the ball hitting the helmet excuse again......

You sound like someone that either doesn’t understand football or just simply Never Played The Game..

Have you ever heard of Rodger the dodger? Fran Tarkenton? Geez you are so clueless.. How bout Russell Wilson? Get a clue dude, some qb’s run and pass..

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You sound like someone that either doesn’t understand football or just simply Never Played The Game..

Have you ever heard of Rodger the dodger? Fran Tarkenton? Geez you are so clueless.. How bout Russell Wilson? Get a clue dude, some qb’s run and pass..

Those we're and are QB that could also Throw the ball accurately,have great pocket presence, know how to lead a WR, great footwork, read down field....etc etc ....now which one of us doesn't know football?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Those we're and are QB that could also Throw the ball accurately,have great pocket presence, know how to lead a WR, great footwork, etc etc ....now which one of us doesn't know football?

Ziiiiiiiiiinnnggggg!!!

There goes the point zipping past your dome like a 7.62

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ziiiiiiiiiinnnggggg!!!

There goes the point zipping past your dome like a 7.62

Rosanne's Hubby... Dak can only run.....passing is not a option now zip that bud.... and try to win it all with just that...zip it again ....lol...

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Pfft!

I remember Chris Canty or some other D lineman turned commentator say that they would always prefer facing a "mobile" QB because you were almost guaranteed sacks because they held the ball too long.

Just look at who the league leaders in being sacked are and I guarantee you that all of the "mobile" QBs are in the top 10.

Also, I don't know why people think Dak can just take off all the time and run at will... Guys like Deshaun Watson, Mike Vick, the kid in Baltimore , and Kaepernick were way better athletes than Dak so they had some success in running the ball but in my eyes, Dak is too slow and would be stopped by the better defenses in the league.

DCs are saying that Dak's running ability is his best asset. So, seeing that as some of them must have had to plan games around Dak in his 3 year career. Then I would take it that they know as much if not more than Chris Canty does. Chris Canty last played for the Ravens in 2015? So, that would mean that he hasn't played against Dak. I would take the DCs current words who has indeed most likely game planned or watched film on Dak to say that his running is his best asset. And defenses game plan on mobile QBs, doing this such as practicing contain and shutting down running lanes.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Someone tell Dak that his Job is to Throw the Football as we have Zeke to run the ball.....as great leaders always do :rolleyes: he's looking to shift blame again from his horrendous performance once again....Guess he can't use the ball hitting the helmet excuse again......

I read Dak's entire comments on this on another site and he took the blame himself for not taking off on his own a few times. He wasn't shifting blame, he was doing the opposite.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

Defensive Coordinators have even said that Dak's best asset is to run, so why not use that asset.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Rosanne's Hubby... Dak can only run.....passing is not a option now zip that bud.... and try to win it all with just that...zip it again ....lol...

See now you’re just Trolling. Nobody said run only, just run occasionally or when it’s needed. He might only take off running 3-5 times a game. The main thing is keeping the chains moving, getting Dak in a rhythm, he’s gotta take off every now and then..

And it’s Walter Sobchak from The Big Lebowski, Double clueless chap...

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
See now you’re just Trolling. Nobody said run only, just run occasionally or when it’s needed. He might only take off running 3-5 times a game. The main thing is keeping the chains moving, getting Dak in a rhythm, he’s gotta take off every now and then..

And it’s Walter Sobchak from The Big Lebowski, Double clueless chap...

Love the B lebowski but dont forget your beginnings...Rosanne will be mad lol.....we keep the chains moving we eat massive amounts of clock and at best we come away with a Field-goal....now go ballistic on Linehan....what else is new here...

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Meh. It sucks to me that we're talking about a QB having to run more. A QB's job is to get the ball from point A to point B as fast as possible through the air.

Wow really is that what a QB does dang:rolleyes: ....Guess in Bid D they run run run while fumbling (12 fumbles)... passing is really a luxury for us the last 2 years......:huh:!

Cmac

Reaction score
Dak stop….please stop while you still have some loyal supporters on this forum.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
We might have a full scale revolt soon.

I am all for it. If the players have to overcome Linehan to succeed, do it.