Twitter: Dak text to rookie WR

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Because an already bad defense was made worse because of bad play, bad field position, and turnovers on the offensive side. That can happen, ya know?

I have admitted countless times that the defense is bad. Absolutely nobody can deny that, but I also can see that the offense was doing them no favors at all.

The reason the TOP difference was so small was because of what you already stated. We had bad turnovers that lead to good field position for the Browns. It's not like they ever had to drive 85 or 90 yards to score. Even when we didn't turn it over we'd go 3 and out and punt it from our 25 to their 45.

None of this is hard to see if you actually look instead of blindly defending certain players.
so the defense is bad and the offense has to bail them out by scoring every possession winning game TOP by a mile and averaging 38 points a game, when Rodgers, the great elite rodgers and his offense averaged 31 pts a game...ooookkk got it. you have made it very clear, you blame Dak for the offense not bailing out the defense and their historically bad incompetence....so you excused the defense..."oh they were bad"...and followed that with "but why didn't the offense score at historically high points"

and you are blaming everything bad on offense on Dak, why not harp on Zeke and the WRs? dak had 13 Ints. middle of the pack...brady had 12. texans had 7 and they were 4-12.

and like I said...200 yards rushing in a half.....two offensive turnovers lead to short fields, it doesn't account for 200...giving up a 100 in a half is awful. much less 200 and then 300.

like I said. the offense scored 14...defense gave up 31. short field or not...make a freaking stop. like I have said Brady threw a pick 6 in a game. the defense played well and they won the game....the problem is the offense will have ups and downs in a game...every offense does. its rare an offense is perfect in a game. including KC, GB, Tampa....the problem is that the defense was bad every possession. they hardly had any good ones....and you want to counter that with offense should have been perfect to balance the totally inept defense. does that even make sense?

I don't blindly defend any player...on the contrary I had been a Dak critic, but I don't blindly blame a single player for the ill will of a team. because when you do, you miss the problems that need fixing, instead fixating on one player and pointing the finger there...where in fact Dak was absolutley the least of our problems.... the fact that you miss, given our historically bad defense, the offense had no choice but to play with metal to the pedal, push, pass, press knowing that's the only chance they have to win any game....lets not forget the inept running game, putting the team in 2nd, 3rd and long situations continuously...when your offense becomes predictable.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't see anyone doing that. I see people acknowledging Daks part in the loses more then I see then fully blaming him.
every QB makes bad plays and makes good plays. the good ones make more good plays than bad ones...including Rodgers, brady, mahomes, etc....no QB is perfect or scrutinize for every possession and ever game they play. I can't tell you how many posts I have read about the philly game in 2019 and specific series in that game....seriously....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
AGREED! We were/are a down dirty running team...2016 is proof that is how how Dak got his career. NOT from being a prolific passer. Yes...he CAN throw but its not the money maker. The O-line? IS!

Give us a healthy oline, Half decent defense. We can compete
Dak was a rookie in 2016...he played it perfectly. didn't have to put the team on his back. he played it safe. let the game come to him. and win games. I can't believe you are resorting to finding fault of a 4th round QB in his rookie year, when he started 3rd on the depth chart.... now, that's why people like you are told you blame dak for the losses and give credit to everybody else for the wins...he is put in a lose/lose situation. no matter what he does, you blame him or not give him credit.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
so the defense is bad and the offense has to bail them out by scoring every possession winning game TOP by a mile and averaging 38 points a game, when Rodgers, the great elite rodgers and his offense averaged 31 pts a game...ooookkk got it. you have made it very clear, you blame Dak for the offense not bailing out the defense and their historically bad incompetence....so you excused the defense..."oh they were bad"...and followed that with "but why didn't the offense score at historically high points"

and you are blaming everything bad on offense on Dak, why not harp on Zeke and the WRs? dak had 13 Ints. middle of the pack...brady had 12. texans had 7 and they were 4-12.

and like I said...200 yards rushing in a half.....two offensive turnovers lead to short fields, it doesn't account for 200...giving up a 100 in a half is awful. much less 200 and then 300.

like I said. the offense scored 14...defense gave up 31. short field or not...make a freaking stop. like I have said Brady threw a pick 6 in a game. the defense played well and they won the game....the problem is the offense will have ups and downs in a game...every offense does. its rare an offense is perfect in a game. including KC, GB, Tampa....the problem is that the defense was bad every possession. they hardly had any good ones....and you want to counter that with offense should have been perfect to balance the totally inept defense. does that even make sense?

I don't blindly defend any player...on the contrary I had been a Dak critic, but I don't blindly blame a single player for the ill will of a team. because when you do, you miss the problems that need fixing, instead fixating on one player and pointing the finger there...where in fact Dak was absolutley the least of our problems.... the fact that you miss, given our historically bad defense, the offense had no choice but to play with metal to the pedal, push, pass, press knowing that's the only chance they have to win any game....lets not forget the inept running game, putting the team in 2nd, 3rd and long situations continuously...when your offense becomes predictable.
I'm not blaming everything on Dak, but is Dak part of the issue? Yes.

You can put up big 4th quarter numbers, but if you're not moving the ball the first 3 quarters then you're putting a lot of pressure on a already not so good defense.

You might not think you blindly defend a player, but I mean, you are doing that with Dak. You only see the numbers. You don't take in account how and why those numbers happened. You look at the box score and see 400 yards while ignoring that 300 of them came after we were already down by 3 TDs and the opponents defense went conservative, not to mention completely giving up on the running game, so passing it almost every play.

If 2019 and 2020 doesn't show you that being a passing first team is not a winning formula when Dak is your QB (until proven otherwise) then I don't know what to tell you.

Dak is now the 2nd highest paid player ever. Any reasonable fan knows that his play does not deserve that kind of money. But, if he is going to be making that kind of money then anything short of MVP caliber seasons and playoff success will be a failure.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I expect players to be excited and confident in their own abilities fans I really do not care since they don't play the game. I don't want players acting as if they can't win as so many here do.

blueblood70

Reaction score
and in those toughest games, was it all Dak? or coaching incompetence...when you have passed for 450 yards in a game, rushed for 45, drove down the field all passing. then the coach decides to run the ball. and pass it to the RB twice....is that on Dak? when the coach got schooled in new england by perhaps the best coach ever...is that on Dak? when the coach made bad call after bad call against the bills at home, when the announcers were just going to town on the coaches. was that on Dak? when the coaches were fighting and screaming at each other on the sideline...is that on Dak?

and 250 yards of rushing...is 250 yards of rushing....how many teams won a game when their defense gave up 250 yards of rushing.

you just said, Dak is solely responsible for overcoming defensive incompetence, by having to score every drive....

yes, facts.....lets talk facts....
dude let it go your man crush isnt perfect..who cares about all the rest and if it was all dak, dak was part of it dak was part of it, dak is and was part of those issues....

dak was part of it dak was part of it, dak is and was part of those issues

let it sink in..those warts dont go away because he got his money and yes he got nearly as much as Mahomes just shorter years. Tell me how Daks the 2nd BEST NFL PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE as his contract now suggests, top 10 sports player i the USA?? seriously get over the man crush i like dak but he will now as ive said before expected to do MORE, yes be close to perfect, he will be criticized even more hes under tat new microscope..

tou going to argue 24-7 with anyone that has any real factual criticisms of dak, might want o quirt your job the temperature just got turned up..

dak was part of it dak was part of it, dak is and was part of those issues, not all but for sure was part of the offensive drought issues, starting slow in games, the stalled drive issues, poorly placed balls or missed open receivers on critical down , and yes his fumbles and INts were as bad or worse then zekes. Sure hes got ball more but look at his career TOS , quite bit like i said might have been just small issue before now post contract he will gave far more pressure on him now.

more critics will fall in line.

I like Dak not hater these are real issues

dak was part of it dak was part of it, dak is and was part of those issues let it sink in your boy isnt perfect..hes also not elite but his checks say he needs to be..

CWR

Reaction score
Are you saying the team ALLOWED Andy to get smashed? Hmmm....interesting.

I have no problem with the team looking to Dak...it's their team and team mate. I have no say in the matter. I am only positing my position. I support Dak as our QB.

Not that they allowed him to get smashed, but when it happened they didn't respond at all. I'm saying if Dak was the one who got hit there would've been a brawl.

I was only emphasizing Daks leadership and it's effect on the team. Its an important quality to have from your franchise qb. I think everyone is aware he and the team have come up short. Ive also never seen Dak shy away from accepting personal responsibility. We can stay weighted down by past failures or move forward hoping for the best.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Me? being dramatic? LOL..dude.. YOU are the one saying he wasn't on the the team.

he NEVER...wasn't on the Dallas Cowboys football team. Unless you are gat damn drama queen beech.

"oh he couldn;t ACT as if he was on thge team. Gatdam please ****! You guys ACTIN like the real men are drama queens? You are ON the team or NOT, DAK...has been on the team since day one.

Is he a leader or not? If he is not on the team he is NOT a leader. I called you out you can't have it both ways.

I find it funny you claim you aren't being dramatic yet you continually capitalize words to stress your emotional comments.

But the fact remains a player who is not subject to a signed contract with a team is not on the payroll of a team, cannot practice with a team, and cannot play a game with a team. That's not drama, that's just uncluttered, unemotional fact.

As for Dak acting like a drama queen, that, again, is not reality, it is just your melodramatic spin. After a contract expires, the negotiations and tactics are not products of melodrama the way you want to characterize them, they are business maneuverings, and both sides have their own tactics they use to negotiate.

Clearly the one thing Dak and his agent had to use as a negotiating tool was the threat of not signing a contract, whether a multi-year contract or the franchise tag. That's how negotiations work. It isn't people throwing fits and whining, it's people (both sides) using what tools they have at their disposal to negotiate the best deal they can.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
dude let it go your man crush isnt perfect..who cares about all the rest and if it was all dak, dak was part of it dak was part of it, dak is and was part of those issues....

let it sink in..those warts dont go away because he got his money and yes he got nearly as much as Mahomes just shorter years. Tell me how Daks the 2nd BEST NFL PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE as his contract now suggests, top 10 sports player i the USA?? seriously get over the man crush i like dak but he will now as ive said before expected to do MORE, yes be close to perfect, he will be criticized even more hes under tat new microscope..

tou going to argue 24-7 with anyone that has any real factual criticisms of dak, might want o quirt your job the temperature just got turned up..

dak was part of it dak was part of it, dak is and was part of those issues, not all but for sure was part of the offensive drought issues, starting slow in games, the stalled drive issues, poorly placed balls or missed open receivers on critical down , and yes his fumbles and INts were as bad or worse then zekes. Sure hes got ball more but look at his career TOS , quite bit like i said might have been just small issue before now post contract he will gave far more pressure on him now.

more critics will fall in line.

I like Dak not hater these are real issues

dak was part of it dak was part of it, dak is and was part of those issues let it sink in your boy isnt perfect..hes also not elite but his checks say he needs to be..
unlike you who just posts nothing but angry, hateful rhetoric and misinformation with a singular focus on half a season in 2019 and one game in that season. I have been critical of Dak, in fact I didn't want us to resign him in 2018 and wanted to pay knowing that if things worked out as I had wanted to see then over paying by a bit is OK, given salary cap goes up. I wanted to make sure he was the QB, and not pay him and regret later.

and I have also blamed him for his play in some games, but I am not singularly focused on good games nor bad games. you take the whole, which is what you have been incapable of doing.

and yes, he was part of the issue as well, never said he wasn't except I don't place 100% of blame nor say he is 0 culpability. he was the least of our problems.

Dak is not the 2nd best player in the league, that's your short sightedness and your lack of comprehension on how football works. you equate salary at the time to a players ranking in the league. he is the 2nd highest paid player and that doesn't mean he is the 2nd best player...does that sink in with you..did it mean Watson was the 2nd best player in the league when he got his contract prior to Dak and now he is 3rd best!!! seriously....I can't believe you go down this line of logic.
just think!!! if you can...3 years from now, Allen, Wilson, etc. will get contracts and all of them will surpass Dak's salary...does it mean that his ranking drops....again salary doesn't equate to a player ranking...its only reflective of the market at the time a deal is made...its really that simple....don't over think or over complicate it.

and when there is real factual criticism of Dak, I will respond accordingly..but when there is bullshiet, then I respond as such....and at the end of the day...YOU are on this board. putting up MESSAGES and engage in debate with people and you are now upset that somebody is giving you the opposite view.

let go of your anger. let go of your hate. hate is not good. I have never seen anyone so angry and hateful. I can imagine your eyes are blood red and you are stumping around the floor screaming in your post....why are you so hateful and so angry....it can't be just Dak!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm not blaming everything on Dak, but is Dak part of the issue? Yes.

You can put up big 4th quarter numbers, but if you're not moving the ball the first 3 quarters then you're putting a lot of pressure on a already not so good defense.

You might not think you blindly defend a player, but I mean, you are doing that with Dak. You only see the numbers. You don't take in account how and why those numbers happened. You look at the box score and see 400 yards while ignoring that 300 of them came after we were already down by 3 TDs and the opponents defense went conservative, not to mention completely giving up on the running game, so passing it almost every play.

If 2019 and 2020 doesn't show you that being a passing first team is not a winning formula when Dak is your QB (until proven otherwise) then I don't know what to tell you.

Dak is now the 2nd highest paid player ever. Any reasonable fan knows that his play does not deserve that kind of money. But, if he is going to be making that kind of money then anything short of MVP caliber seasons and playoff success will be a failure.
well, this is the first post you ever tried to say its not all Dak, yet you turn around and say exactly the same thing, its all Dak....you are trying to be on both sides of the fence...your first two sentences says it all...."I am not blaming dak", but I am blaming him for not scoring in bunches in all quarters....

I am not blindly defending anyone. can I say the same thing about you, you are blindly placing all the blame on one player....I just don't place all the blame on him. could he have been better? yes. I have never said otherwise, but I don't place 100% of it on him. I hold coaches accountable....garrett and moore clearly cost us 3 games in 2019. botched game management. stupid calls. bad in game management in a close games. I blame jerry jones for creating a culture, keeping a lame duck coaching staff who were fighting on the sideline....let that sink in...coaches screaming at each other on the sideline...great job Jerry. I blame Jerry for hiring Moore and putting him in charge. a first year OC, with all of one year NFL coaching experience.....how did you think that was going to work out? which first year OC has had success in the NFL? and how many years of coaching did they have under their belt.

and unlike you, you mistakenly is focused on the 4th quarter, before responding I did my research and at one point posted dallas performance in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarter. unlike your false perception the data said, we weren't bad in the first 3 quarters, in fact we were average to above average. and we were top 5 in the 4th quarter....but you find fault with a team being really good in the 4th quarter...you act as if the points in the 4th quarter count half as much. btw, that same research showed the defense being bad, among the worst in all 4 quarters.....so I don't do the eye test. I dig in and research.

and again, your argument for Dak being 2nd highest paid player will only hold for a few more months. 6 months from now. he won't be. and 3 years from now he will not be in top 10 or perhaps even top 15.... so that line of argument, mixing up market and money with a players ability doesn't make sense at all. will it make you feel better two years from now when Dak is not in the top 10 paid? watson was 2nd highest paid for a period this past spring....and now he is 3rd.

and much like you I want to see high play from Dak, given we made him our franchise QB. my expectations are the same. but unlike you I don't put every win/loss on Dak. the problem is when he has success, you say it was the WR, the OL, the coaches, the RB, section 403 row A in the stadium, favorable winds, the sunlight at 4:00 PM...all of those will get credit...but when we lose, Dak lost the game....

will you give Dak credit when we find success in the playoffs, or will you write a book explaining why it wasn't dak and it was everybody else. I already know the answer, given you live on both sides of the fence

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
well, this is the first post you ever tried to say its not all Dak, yet you turn around and say exactly the same thing, its all Dak....you are trying to be on both sides of the fence...your first two sentences says it all...."I am not blaming dak", but I am blaming him for not scoring in bunches in all quarters....

I am not blindly defending anyone. can I say the same thing about you, you are blindly placing all the blame on one player....I just don't place all the blame on him. could he have been better? yes. I have never said otherwise, but I don't place 100% of it on him. I hold coaches accountable....garrett and moore clearly cost us 3 games in 2019. botched game management. stupid calls. bad in game management in a close games. I blame jerry jones for creating a culture, keeping a lame duck coaching staff who were fighting on the sideline....let that sink in...coaches screaming at each other on the sideline...great job Jerry. I blame Jerry for hiring Moore and putting him in charge. a first year OC, with all of one year NFL coaching experience.....how did you think that was going to work out? which first year OC has had success in the NFL? and how many years of coaching did they have under their belt.

and unlike you, you mistakenly is focused on the 4th quarter, before responding I did my research and at one point posted dallas performance in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarter. unlike your false perception the data said, we weren't bad in the first 3 quarters, in fact we were average to above average. and we were top 5 in the 4th quarter....but you find fault with a team being really good in the 4th quarter...you act as if the points in the 4th quarter count half as much. btw, that same research showed the defense being bad, among the worst in all 4 quarters.....so I don't do the eye test. I dig in and research.

and again, your argument for Dak being 2nd highest paid player will only hold for a few more months. 6 months from now. he won't be. and 3 years from now he will not be in top 10 or perhaps even top 15.... so that line of argument, mixing up market and money with a players ability doesn't make sense at all. will it make you feel better two years from now when Dak is not in the top 10 paid? watson was 2nd highest paid for a period this past spring....and now he is 3rd.

and much like you I want to see high play from Dak, given we made him our franchise QB. my expectations are the same. but unlike you I don't put every win/loss on Dak. the problem is when he has success, you say it was the WR, the OL, the coaches, the RB, section 403 row A in the stadium, favorable winds, the sunlight at 4:00 PM...all of those will get credit...but when we lose, Dak lost the game....

will you give Dak credit when we find success in the playoffs, or will you write a book explaining why it wasn't dak and it was everybody else. I already know the answer, given you live on both sides of the fence
You're twisting words and that's not a cool thing to do. I never said anything about scoring bunches in all quarters. I have said countless times that sustaining drives instead of going 3 and out would have helped tremendously. So please, do not twist my words to fit your narrative.

I'm assuming the 3 games in 2019 you're mentioning are the games we lost where our opponents scored 12, 13, and 17 points? You can blame the coaches, that's fine, but the players still have to execute the plays and Dak throwing for ZERO TDs combined in those games really was a death blow. I'm not a Garrett, Moore, or McCarthy fan, but when you hold opponents to such low scores you have to be able to count on your QB to do something to contribute.

I want Dak to succeed because he is the QB of my favorite team and that's the only reason. I don't want Dak to put up pretty stats just so I can argue with people on a message board about how the losses wasn't his fault. I am a fan of the Dallas Cowboys before I am a fan of any player. When you're paid like Dak and you play the most important position on the team then you're going to have to deal with the criticism that comes your way.

Listen, its clear as day that we are getting nowhere with this back and forth. You're not going to change my mind and I'm not going to change yours.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You're twisting words and that's not a cool thing to do. I never said anything about scoring bunches in all quarters. I have said countless times that sustaining drives instead of going 3 and out would have helped tremendously. So please, do not twist my words to fit your narrative.

I'm assuming the 3 games in 2019 you're mentioning are the games we lost where our opponents scored 12, 13, and 17 points? You can blame the coaches, that's fine, but the players still have to execute the plays and Dak throwing for ZERO TDs combined in those games really was a death blow. I'm not a Garrett, Moore, or McCarthy fan, but when you hold opponents to such low scores you have to be able to count on your QB to do something to contribute.

I want Dak to succeed because he is the QB of my favorite team and that's the only reason. I don't want Dak to put up pretty stats just so I can argue with people on a message board about how the losses wasn't his fault. I am a fan of the Dallas Cowboys before I am a fan of any player. When you're paid like Dak and you play the most important position on the team then you're going to have to deal with the criticism that comes your way.

Listen, its clear as day that we are getting nowhere with this back and forth. You're not going to change my mind and I'm not going to change yours.
I am not twisting. its what your posts come across. you keep saying we don't score early and often. what's that supposed to mean? I responded that even in your one example in cleveland game, we scored 14 points in the half...translating that to 28 for the game...is that a bad average? how many points should we score in the first? second? third? that's all you have continuously complained about. constantly saying defense was bad, but offense should have scored more in the first half.....I also broke it down for you. the difference in cleveland game is 3 minutes in the first half. a short drive time. does that account for 200 yards of rushing being given up? you couldn't answer that. you say we had 3 and out drives as if no other NFL team does that? I showed you that Brady threw a pick 6. but his defense held up and they won the game.....you picking on one game, one quarter, one series is over analyzing a situation. I bet you a $1000 I can do the same for Brady, Rodgers, etc...pick one game, one quarter and a couple of series when they played awful and then much like you I can extrapolate that to a season.

the games we lost in 2019 where we badly managed the game were New Orleans...total coaching debacle as well as Witten and Zeke screwing up big time. in a close game. the Minn. game when we passed at will all game including next to last series, yet coaches decided to run the ball when the whole freaking game we were able only to rush for 45 yards. then two passes to zeke...same play back to back.....the patriots game, but then again garrett getting out coached by Bilicheck is not a surprise. the buffalo game was another bad coached game. the play calling was atricious.... moore got schooled in that game. there was no rhyme or reason or rythm to anything he did in that game.

and throwing for zero TD is not the reason we lost some of the games....no QB has a TD every game...they go games with 0 TDs. Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, etc..... that's the absolute wrong line of reasoning for you to follow. makes zero sense.

and much like you I am a fan of the cowboys. I see Dak as a key piece necessary for our success. and teams have to win low scoring games. and win high scoring games. every team does that.......just because the opposing team scored 12, doesn't mean we automatically should win the game, because wouldn't same thing be said about the opposing QB....we beat brees 12-10 at home three years ago.... does it mean Brees sucks. its an illogical line of reasoning, scrutinizing one game to make a case for entire 5 years of someone's career.

and as I have said. I don't mind justified criticism. I do that myself. but when it doesn't make sense. I express my opinion. that's why there is a message board. to discuss and debate.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I find it funny you claim you aren't being dramatic yet you continually capitalize words to stress your emotional comments.

But the fact remains a player who is not subject to a signed contract with a team is not on the payroll of a team, cannot practice with a team, and cannot play a game with a team. That's not drama, that's just uncluttered, unemotional fact.

As for Dak acting like a drama queen, that, again, is not reality, it is just your melodramatic spin. After a contract expires, the negotiations and tactics are not products of melodrama the way you want to characterize them, they are business maneuverings, and both sides have their own tactics they use to negotiate.

Clearly the one thing Dak and his agent had to use as a negotiating tool was the threat of not signing a contract, whether a multi-year contract or the franchise tag. That's how negotiations work. It isn't people throwing fits and whining, it's people (both sides) using what tools they have at their disposal to negotiate the best deal they can.
Okay that's fine. I find the period of contract negotiations (and their fine print NFL details) to not mean a player isn't on the team. You do. This happens all the time. Until an official release, trade or retirement is announced...player is "on the team". Just my opinion only. I don't abide by any NFL technical detail but the actual intent and most importantly... action.... of the player and team. I think doing so is more agenda-driven...not sure why you are taking such a hard stance on it....there's more to it than just explaining the unnecessary minutia of NFL contract negations.

BTW..I use caps for emphasis of the point...not dramatic effect. But whatever.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see anyone doing that. I see people acknowledging Daks part in the loses more then I see then fully blaming him.
This is the crux of the problem. I don't get why people don't want ANY form of criticism of Dak. It's so bad I'm in a meaningless discussion that Dak was NOT on the team during contract negotiations. Since when is that a point of contention/discussion in the hundreds of contracts that happen every year?

I still can't get anyone to tell me what Dak has lead us... to. They could just say "Nothing but we still consider him the leader". They can't bring themselves to say "nothing".

I don;t know how many times I have to say I am okay with Dak being our QB....but still get "dak hater" label. Ridiculous.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not that they allowed him to get smashed, but when it happened they didn't respond at all. I'm saying if Dak was the one who got hit there would've been a brawl.

I was only emphasizing Daks leadership and it's effect on the team. Its an important quality to have from your franchise qb. I think everyone is aware he and the team have come up short. Ive also never seen Dak shy away from accepting personal responsibility. We can stay weighted down by past failures or move forward hoping for the best.
That is pure speculation. But okay.
Can you give me some examples of "leadership"? I am not saying there's none...just your perspective on these "qualities".

In regards to Dak..I am on record again and again wishing hoping for 100% healthy return.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
This is the crux of the problem. I don't get why people don't want ANY form of criticism of Dak. It's so bad I'm in a meaningless discussion that Dak was NOT on the team during contract negotiations. Since when is that a point of contention/discussion in the hundreds of contracts that happen every year?

I still can't get anyone to tell me what Dak has lead us... to. They could just say "Nothing but we still consider him the leader". They can't bring themselves to say "nothing".

I don;t know how many times I have to say I am okay with Dak being our QB....but still get "dak hater" label. Ridiculous.
It's simple really.

There are groups that are more Dak fans then they are Cowboys fans. There was a group that was more Romo fans then they were Cowboys fans.

I want Dak to succeed because he is the QB for my favorite team. I don't care about his numbers. There are groups that want Dak to put up pretty stats just for the sole purpose of thinking that somehow removes him from the reason the team does not reach it's goals.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Okay that's fine. I find the period of contract negotiations (and their fine print NFL details) to not mean a player isn't on the team. You do. This happens all the time. Until an official release, trade or retirement is announced...player is "on the team". Just my opinion only. I don't abide by any NFL technical detail but the actual intent and most importantly... action.... of the player and team. I think doing so is more agenda-driven...not sure why you are taking such a hard stance on it....there's more to it than just explaining the unnecessary minutia of NFL contract negations.

BTW..I use caps for emphasis of the point...not dramatic effect. But whatever.
You can't make up your own rules because it suits you. You considering a player on the team doesn't make it so. A contract is required.

And, lest you forget, my post said he "technically" wasn't on the team, so I recognized he was likely to be a Cowboy, but you wouldn't accept that, despite the facts.

Ask yourself what are the elements of employment. In the NFL it involves a contract, but on top of that, universally it means a person is on the payroll, is getting paid, and is obligated to perform the duties of the job. None of those things applied to the relationship between the Cowboys and Dak at the time of the 2020 draft.

As it has been said, you are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.

The obvious reason I'm telling you about contract negotiations is because you oddly equate the notion of Dak sticking with his negotiating position as acting like a petulant child. You seem to have no understanding that it is a business maneuver, or that a negotiation tactic doesn't work if the party doesn't appear to be serious about the position they take.

That's what I said was going on - that Dak wasn't under contract, and as part of the negotiation he had to maintain his leverage by showing he was serious about his position.

Those are the facts. You have no facts, and are going on emotion and what you want to believe.

CWR

Reaction score
That is pure speculation. But okay.
Can you give me some examples of "leadership"? I am not saying there's none...just your perspective on these "qualities".

In regards to Dak..I am on record again and again wishing hoping for 100% healthy return.

This exact post is a perfect example of leadership. Having our star QB reach out to a late round rookie WR and welcome him, as well as telling him let's go to work is a simple, but perfect example of how a leader handles his team. Having the pass catchers over to his home to work on routes and timing is leadership. If you cant lead they don't show up to follow.

Besides that there are numerous examples and quotes from his teammates over the last several years.

If you haven't seen this, or are unaware then you aren't paying attention. It's well documented, and a simple Google search will give you a dozen different examples in about four seconds.

CWR

Reaction score
It's simple really.

There are groups that are more Dak fans then they are Cowboys fans. There was a group that was more Romo fans then they were Cowboys fans.

I want Dak to succeed because he is the QB for my favorite team. I don't care about his numbers. There are groups that want Dak to put up pretty stats just for the sole purpose of thinking that somehow removes him from the reason the team does not reach it's goals.

The large majority of Cowboy fans want Dak to succeed because he is our QB. It really is that simple. If Dak played somewhere else Cowboy fans wouldn't care about his success. Duh right?

Most of the people that look at his stats and justify his failures do so because the trolls are relentless and have no concept of context.