Twitter: Dak text to rookie WR

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
do you even listen to yourself?

the defense wasn't just bad. it was historically bad. and you just said it...the offense had to score in tons to keep up with the points defense was giving up....37+ points a game was NFL worst at the time.....so your expectations were that we score 38+ points a game to win games...is that even feasible and acceptable? an offense scoring 14 points in a half, about 28 points a game makes it a top 10 offense...

and you just said it again...defense giving up 34 points!!!! in less than 3 quarters...and you don't see the flaw in that logic!!!! even if we scored 21 points in one half, which would be great...we still would be behind....

again, you just said it ... you hold no accountability or responsibility on defense for any wins...offense had to score in historical manner to win games...

BTW the best offense in the league last year averaged 31 points a game!!!!
Seriously. How do you ignore 34 unanswered points without sounding like a complete and total homer?

If we scored 21 points in one half they would not have scored 34 in one half. Do you not see that? Do you not see that if we moved the ball and scored instead of turning it over and going 3 and out they would have not had so many opportunities? You said it yourself, we were up 14-7 in the first quarter. Is it so hard to recognize that the reason we held them to 7 in the first is because our offense was moving the ball? I just don't see how that is so hard to understand. The defense is bad, there is no disputing that, but the offense did them no favors.

They don't have to score points on every drive. That's unrealistic. They do need to put together better and more time consuming drives instead of a few plays then a punt. That would do wonders for the defense. Everyone knows that.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. He wasn't under contract when the 2020 draft occurred
Oh I see....we just let him go. He knew he was NOT on the team so why call?

Just because you don;t have a contract for NEXT year doesn't mean you "aren't on the team".

And for the sake of your argument.....let's say he was NOT on the team( Ridiculous.....but okay)...if he is "the leader" why wouldn't he ACT like. Is he a petulant child MAD because he ain't "on the team"?

He was paid THROUGH the year. Did not have a contract for the NEXT year. Had MANY chances to SIGN the contract and didn't? Hmmm. Okay.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
who cares about 2020 he got hurt and the season is over ..not on dak..2019 that last half of the season much of it was dak the the offense not defense that caused us to fall short..8-8 with a healthy team..just saying..

IDC about 2020 that mulligan disaster over no need to be cortical of anyone..it was over before it started..2019 finish on the offense more so then defense IMO also scoring droughts in the rams game sure defense and stopping the run was poor but they went a long time without scoring when it was just an 8 point game, far too many stalled drive, .just reality not hate..i like dak..

this happens a lot no early scoring stalled drives then yes defense fails get get behind some offensive TOs , gets us more behind and then the come back commences but falls short..it is what it is.

you are so defensive and act as if Daks perfect and what made of Teflon and off limits to criticism..sorry Charlies dudes got a lot of warts hes slowly correcting but they pop up under pressure moments.
so all your premise of logic falls on second half of 2019. that's it? nothing else matters. you just brushed off 2020...it doesn't matter you say, it doesn't fit my line of logic....forget first half of 2019...it doesn't matter. it doesn't fit my logic. forget 2018, 2017 and 2016...none of it matters...its all about the last 8 games of 2019.....

and I find it peculiar you pick a game here. a series there to make a case, ignoring everything else in between. so how many teams won a game giving up 250 yards, which you said I don't care about, because it doesn't fit my point of view...who cares the defense gave up 250 yards rushing and couldnt' get off the field...that's immaterial...I want offense to score, every series, every game, they have to score in bunches and bunches and if they don't, its Dak's fault.

that's what you just said!!!! you don't care about anything but why the offense wasn't scoring a ton to help the defense, when the best offense in the league in 2020, averaged 31 and the best offense in 2019 averaged 33. with the cowboys averaging 27 points for 2019 and 26 points in 2nd half of the season.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seriously. How do you ignore 34 unanswered points without sounding like a complete and total homer?

If we scored 21 points in one half they would not have scored 34 in one half. Do you not see that? Do you not see that if we moved the ball and scored instead of turning it over and going 3 and out they would have not had so many opportunities? You said it yourself, we were up 14-7 in the first quarter. Is it so hard to recognize that the reason we held them to 7 in the first is because our offense was moving the ball? I just don't see how that is so hard to understand. The defense is bad, there is no disputing that, but the offense did them no favors.

They don't have to score points on every drive. That's unrealistic. They do need to put together better and more time consuming drives instead of a few plays then a punt. That would do wonders for the defense. Everyone knows that.
That was the recipe for 2016. That defense wasn't THAT great. But we had long sustained drives...even from way back on the field. Take time off the clock and play field position.

Even WITH Dak in 2020....we didn't do a good job of that. I rewatched Cowboys/Falcons game and our O-line? CRAP! Hope we stay healthy there, stay healthy at QB...and sturdy up the defense. We could hang with anyone with a little luck.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

wait...if we scored 21 they wouldn't score 34...WTTF!? the defense couldn't make a stop....no matter where on the field, the defense couldn't stop them....it would have made the score closer...but they still would give up the scores as they did.

is it so hard to understand the defense forced Cleveland to punt in the first quarter...and didn't in the 2nd quarter....is it so hard to understand the defenses job is to stop the other team from scoring on every drive.....is that such a hard concept?
and you just said it again. you wanted this team to average 42 pts a game...21 at the half......

we were up 14-7 after one quarter...is it so hard to ask the defense not to give up 24 points....and 200 yards rushing...like I said, Brady threw a pick 6 and they still won the game...he gave them a free score...not even a drive....and they won the game...because the defense held....

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
That was the recipe for 2016. That defense wasn't THAT great. But we had long sustained drives...even from way back on the field. Take time off the clock and play field position.

Even WITH Dak in 2020....we didn't do a good job of that. I rewatched Cowboys/Falcons game and our O-line? CRAP! Hope we stay healthy there, stay healthy at QB...and sturdy up the defense. We could hang with anyone with a little luck.
Yes! You are correct! Finally, someone can see it.

That was the receipt in 2016, 2017, and 2018. That's why we went 13-3, 9-7, and 10-6 those years. In 2019 we started being a pass first team and that's when the success stopped.

Motorola

Reaction score
Calling it now....

15 pages of arguments for this thread.
'5-2s' - won't qualify you for soothsayer status.
Any thread or post with the Dallas Cowboys QB's name in the title always generates responses in volumes.
Just overy 52 hours from creation during mid- Saturday afternoon past...closing in on 8 full pages as of now.

blueblood70

Reaction score
so all your premise of logic falls on second half of 2019. that's it? nothing else matters. you just brushed off 2020...it doesn't matter you say, it doesn't fit my line of logic....forget first half of 2019...it doesn't matter. it doesn't fit my logic. forget 2018, 2017 and 2016...none of it matters...its all about the last 8 games of 2019.....

and I find it peculiar you pick a game here. a series there to make a case, ignoring everything else in between. so how many teams won a game giving up 250 yards, which you said I don't care about, because it doesn't fit my point of view...who cares the defense gave up 250 yards rushing and couldnt' get off the field...that's immaterial...I want offense to score, every series, every game, they have to score in bunches and bunches and if they don't, its Dak's fault.

that's what you just said!!!! you don't care about anything but why the offense wasn't scoring a ton to help the defense, when the best offense in the league in 2020, averaged 31 and the best offense in 2019 averaged 33. with the cowboys averaging 27 points for 2019 and 26 points in 2nd half of the season.

nope it does we started hot in 2019 finished poorly , using a TBD INC season where dak plays 4 games and say that how it would have finished that 31 could have been 23 the second ha;lf, we wont know will we but 2019 we saw in the biggest moment's, toughest games against the best opponents we couldn't a buy win..Dak was part of that like the rams games MIA for qtrs etc etc

it has to be fixed..period..moving on the realist who arent protecting dak know the score..not a hate post, facts..

I get on AC taking off games , qtrs , zeke gets ripped for drops or fumbles well Dak isnt teflon. hes had issues and again need to be fixed..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh I see....we just let him go. He knew he was NOT on the team so why call?

Just because you don;t have a contract for NEXT year doesn't mean you "aren't on the team".

And for the sake of your argument.....let's say he was NOT on the team( Ridiculous.....but okay)...if he is "the leader" why wouldn't he ACT like. Is he a petulant child MAD because he ain't "on the team"?

He was paid THROUGH the year. Did not have a contract for the NEXT year. Had MANY chances to SIGN the contract and didn't? Hmmm. Okay.
Quit being dramatic.

Yes he was payed THROUGH the 2020 season, and the 2020 season was OVER, free agency STARTED about 6 weeks earlier, and contracts that went through 2020 had EXPIRED. lol

And of course he hoped to be on the team, but he technically wasn't - which is what all I said, and what you erroneously disputed. You being upset that Dak hadn't signed doesn't change the facts

At the time there was not a contract offer he would accept, so as a negotiating tactic he and his agent maintained the possibility of not signing the franchise tag, therefore he couldn't act as if he was on the team.

That's not acting like a petulant child, and I never said or suggested he was acting like one. That's just something you made up for dramatic effect.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
this wasn't a knock on dak was a simple truth, all facts he excelled in a lot of areas but those well he wanted the spotlight be demanding being paid like Mahomes, now i want to see the best of dak , he fell short in all those areas i mentioned, who cares about the rest, we all know the defense wasn't good but Dak was not flawless and now hes 40million dollar qb paid as elite i want to see him do more when it counts.period

stop coddling dak,

zeke gets ripped in here when he fumbles, well he technically fumbled in 3 games of 15 he gets ripped when he cant make the big play or get the TD when fans think he should, what dak is somewhat allowed to play poorly and not be called out..Is he teflon??no way hes not
he made cortical fumbles and int that created some issues with he defense , period end of story, missed some key throws when he wasn't rushed, stalled drives, and didnt get the td or the yards needed when it truly was needed,..

hes more in the spotlight then even he wanted to get paid like zeke and now will be coitized for every bad throw, missed read, sack that could have been avoided, not seeing wo player down field and taking the check down..

sorry man if zeke, JS, Dlaw an AC now get ripped more due to post contract paly, Dak will as well..like collecting that 32 mil for 4games of service..

the end of 2019 season was obvious a lot of stalled offense not defense that caused us to miss the playoffs..

now that he got his new deal even more pressure is coming..i hope he overcomes some of those warts as i will benefit the DC s,which will make fans happy..

if not more posts like this will come..

realities are now with that money he will be more under the microscope..hope he can handle that scrutiny..
he didn't demand to be paid like mahomes. last I checked Mahomes had a 450M contract. unprecedented for the NFL.

and sounds like you blame dak for all wins/losses. is it his sole responsibility? is he responsible for defensive incompetence? for coaching incompetence? having to play for a first year OC with all of 1 year of coaching experience? no Dak is not teflon, but I find it ridiculous that people tend to over analyze every throw, every series, every game from every concievable angle... it makes no sense. no QB including mahomes has perfect series, perfect passes every time and perfect games...they tend to make more good plays than bad ones...

how would Mahomes career be if he played for Garrett and Moore!? would we have a superbowl trophy? would he be among the best in the league? come on, everyone here including yourself ripped Garrett incessantly for his coaching and now conveniently forgotten....and All dak Did in 2020 when the incompetent idiot was gone, is lead the league in offense until his injury....didn't translate to wins. you don't have to say it...but we gave up 37+ points a game....historically worst in the NFL....the best offense in 2020 average 31 points a game.....and they won 13 games...would you think they would be winnign 13 if their defense was giving up 37+ points a game?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
wait...if we scored 21 they wouldn't score 34...WTTF!? the defense couldn't make a stop....no matter where on the field, the defense couldn't stop them....it would have made the score closer...but they still would give up the scores as they did.

is it so hard to understand the defense forced Cleveland to punt in the first quarter...and didn't in the 2nd quarter....is it so hard to understand the defenses job is to stop the other team from scoring on every drive.....is that such a hard concept?
and you just said it again. you wanted this team to average 42 pts a game...21 at the half......

we were up 14-7 after one quarter...is it so hard to ask the defense not to give up 24 points....and 200 yards rushing...like I said, Brady threw a pick 6 and they still won the game...he gave them a free score...not even a drive....and they won the game...because the defense held....
How could they have possibly had the time to score 34 first half points if our offense was putting together drives more then 3 or 4 plays long? That is unrealistic and you know it. It is simply not logical to suggest that they would have still put up that amount of points with MUCH LESS time possessing the ball.

I guess the Brown were going to disrupt all of space and time and still put up the same offense numbers even if our offense would have put together good drives and not turned the ball over.

Your mind is made up and you will argue your point no matter what amount of logic gets brought it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
nope it does we started hot in 2019 finished poorly , using a TBD INC season where dak plays 4 games and say that how it would have finished that 31 could have been 23 the second ha;lf, we wont know will we but 2019 we saw in the biggest moment's, toughest games against the best opponents we couldn't a buy win..Dak was part of that like the rams games MIA for qtrs etc etc

it has to be fixed..period..moving on the realist who arent protecting dak know the score..not a hate post, facts..

I get on AC taking off games , qtrs , zeke gets ripped for drops or fumbles well Dak isnt teflon. hes had issues and again need to be fixed..
and in those toughest games, was it all Dak? or coaching incompetence...when you have passed for 450 yards in a game, rushed for 45, drove down the field all passing. then the coach decides to run the ball. and pass it to the RB twice....is that on Dak? when the coach got schooled in new england by perhaps the best coach ever...is that on Dak? when the coach made bad call after bad call against the bills at home, when the announcers were just going to town on the coaches. was that on Dak? when the coaches were fighting and screaming at each other on the sideline...is that on Dak?

and 250 yards of rushing...is 250 yards of rushing....how many teams won a game when their defense gave up 250 yards of rushing.

you just said, Dak is solely responsible for overcoming defensive incompetence, by having to score every drive....

yes, facts.....lets talk facts....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How could they have possibly had the time to score 34 first half points if our offense was putting together drives more then 3 or 4 plays long? That is unrealistic and you know it. It is simply not logical to suggest that they would have still put up that amount of points with MUCH LESS time possessing the ball.

I guess the Brown were going to disrupt all of space and time and still put up the same offense numbers even if our offense would have put together good drives and not turned the ball over.

Your mind is made up and you will argue your point no matter what amount of logic gets brought it.
like I said, the defenses job is to make stops....if the offense was on the field for 2 or 3 minutes, why can't the defense get off the field and not allow the opposition to convert first down after first down. give up 200 yards rushing...in one half...

I can't believe you are blaming the defensive incompetence on Offense...expecting the offense to score every time...is that realistic (perhaps against the cowboys defense it was)

the difference in TOP was 3 minutes in first half....that's equivalent of a very short drive. and both teams had same number of possessions....one team made zero stops in a quarter.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
and in those toughest games, was it all Dak? or coaching incompetence...when you have passed for 450 yards in a game, rushed for 45, drove down the field all passing. then the coach decides to run the ball. and pass it to the RB twice....is that on Dak? when the coach got schooled in new england by perhaps the best coach ever...is that on Dak? when the coach made bad call after bad call against the bills at home, when the announcers were just going to town on the coaches. was that on Dak? when the coaches were fighting and screaming at each other on the sideline...is that on Dak?

and 250 yards of rushing...is 250 yards of rushing....how many teams won a game when their defense gave up 250 yards of rushing.

you just said, Dak is solely responsible for overcoming defensive incompetence, by having to score every drive....

yes, facts.....lets talk facts....
Have we ever lost a game because of Daks poor play?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
like I said, the defenses job is to make stops....if the offense was on the field for 2 or 3 minutes, why can't the defense get off the field and not allow the opposition to convert first down after first down. give up 200 yards rushing...in one half...

I can't believe you are blaming the defensive incompetence on Offense...expecting the offense to score every time...is that realistic (perhaps against the cowboys defense it was)

the difference in TOP was 3 minutes in first half....that's equivalent of a very short drive. and both teams had same number of possessions....one team made zero stops in a quarter.
Because an already bad defense was made worse because of bad play, bad field position, and turnovers on the offensive side. That can happen, ya know?

I have admitted countless times that the defense is bad. Absolutely nobody can deny that, but I also can see that the offense was doing them no favors at all.

The reason the TOP difference was so small was because of what you already stated. We had bad turnovers that lead to good field position for the Browns. It's not like they ever had to drive 85 or 90 yards to score. Even when we didn't turn it over we'd go 3 and out and punt it from our 25 to their 45.

None of this is hard to see if you actually look instead of blindly defending certain players.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes! You are correct! Finally, someone can see it.

That was the receipt in 2016, 2017, and 2018. That's why we went 13-3, 9-7, and 10-6 those years. In 2019 we started being a pass first team and that's when the success stopped.
AGREED! We were/are a down dirty running team...2016 is proof that is how how Dak got his career. NOT from being a prolific passer. Yes...he CAN throw but its not the money maker. The O-line? IS!

Give us a healthy oline, Half decent defense. We can compete

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quit being dramatic.

Yes he was payed THROUGH the 2020 season, and the 2020 season was OVER, free agency STARTED about 6 weeks earlier, and contracts that went through 2020 had EXPIRED. lol

And of course he hoped to be on the team, but he technically wasn't - which is what all I said, and what you erroneously disputed. You being upset that Dak hadn't signed doesn't change the facts

At the time there was not a contract offer he would accept, so as a negotiating tactic he and his agent maintained the possibility of not signing the franchise tag, therefore he couldn't act as if he was on the team.

That's not acting like a petulant child, and I never said or suggested he was acting like one. That's just something you made up for dramatic effect.
Me? being dramatic? LOL..dude.. YOU are the one saying he wasn't on the the team.

he NEVER...wasn't on the Dallas Cowboys football team. Unless you are gat damn drama queen beech.

"oh he couldn;t ACT as if he was on thge team. Gatdam please ****! You guys ACTIN like the real men are drama queens? You are ON the team or NOT, DAK...has been on the team since day one.

Is he a leader or not? If he is not on the team he is NOT a leader. I called you out you can't have it both ways.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone who calls a member a coward from behind a keyboard isn't worthy of breathing the same atmosphere and goes on my ignore list.
We;; bro...lets meet up then. I live in St pete florida. Come on down let's party. Put your money where your big mouth is.