Dak - The Prime time, Clutch King. By the numbers

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian @BrianLINY Zone Supporter

15,000 Messages
    3,821 Likes Received
  2. SibannacRex

SibannacRex Active Member

550 Messages
    103 Likes Received
    His ability to play so well in primetime will be huge for us this weekend. To add to that though, I've noticed that since the Thanksgiving day game, Dak has done a great job of responding when his opponent puts points on the board.

You saw this happen more clearly against the Eagles in Dallas when the Eagles tied the game in the 4th, then in the season finale against the Giants and finally last week against the Seahawks. Each time the game got close or the opponent took the lead, he quickly turned around a solid scoring drive.

This bodes really well for him this coming week when you can expect the Rams to put points up. We will be in trouble if we don't answer their scores and with the way Dak has played in primetime and under pressure when the game is close, I'm feeling really good about what we will see from him.

3. Bob-Lillys-War

Bob-Lillys-War Well-Known Member

6,475 Messages
    6,917 Likes Received
    Im waiting for some dak haters : "Cut him ! He is a bus driver at best !"

ughh, :facepalm:

4. Blake

Blake Well-Known Member

2,270 Messages
    2,846 Likes Received
    eh. I don't know. I kind of prefer the wild-eyed gunslinger with a penchant for throwing costly interceptions from a clean pocket. If he does it during primetime, that's even better.

To each their own.

5. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

7,325 Messages
    4,954 Likes Received
    Since 1994, which is as far back as Pro Football Reference goes on this particular stat, Prescott leads the league in career passer rating when tied or trailing by eight points or fewer in the fourth quarter or overtime.

He has a 109.7 passer rating in that situation, leading all quarterbacks who have at least 100 attempts when tied or trailing by one score in the fourth quarter or overtime. In fact, no other quarterback has a passer rating above 100 with Andrew Luck (97.7), Romo (95.4), Russell Wilson (93.8), Ben Roethlisberger (93.3) and Drew Brees (92.4) trailing.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...tt-now-has-led-nine-fourth-quarter-comebacks/

Our franchise QB.

Period.

6. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971 Zone Supporter

3,388 Messages
    5,376 Likes Received
    The tape don't lie. The dude just gets it done.

7. Cowboy Brian

15,000 Messages
    3,821 Likes Received
    So, Tony Romo?

We had him. I wasn't the biggest fan of the costly interceptions.

8. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

5,921 Messages
    4,974 Likes Received
    How about this one that I heard the other day, He would not have the most game winning drives if would take care of business in the first 3 quarters. I just shook my head. He is clutch.

9. Cowboy Brian

15,000 Messages
    3,821 Likes Received
    Some people just won't ever be happy.

Brett Favre was a Cowboy, they'd complain he threw too many picks and only won one SB.

Have to ignore people like that.

10. Texas_Pete

Texas_Pete Well-Known Member

5,664 Messages
    10,961 Likes Received
  11. Brax

Brax Well-Known Member

809 Messages
    679 Likes Received
    Say what you you want , what you heard is the truth. He needs to play 4 good quarters like the last game, his 1 quarter game will catch up to him if the D doesn't play well. Nothing has really changed with him, he's a great wingman as long as Zeke keeps running.

12. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

7,211 Messages
    7,615 Likes Received
    What about the "eyeball test?"

sureletsrace, Mr_C and jazzcat22 like this.
  13. TheSkaven

TheSkaven Last Man Standing Zone Supporter

5,452 Messages
    2,493 Likes Received
    He was being sarcastic.

14. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia! Zone Supporter

33,129 Messages
    18,344 Likes Received
    @WillieBeamen You're my barometer bruh. What do you think? In your esteemed opinion, is Dak improving?

America's Cowboy and Mr_C like this.
  15. Cowboy Brian

15,000 Messages
    3,821 Likes Received
    Which is why I liked his post bro lol

16. ItzKelz

ItzKelz Well-Known Member

1,558 Messages
    1,581 Likes Received
    The kid helps us win games in clutch moments. As a fan how could you want more. It's all about winning.

17. ColoCowboy

ColoCowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

966 Messages
    1,958 Likes Received
    I won't dispute that Dak needs to play more consistently across all 4 quarters. However, you can't draw the conclusion that Dak's 4Q performance of game-winning drives is the result of him "not taking care of business " for the first 3Q's from the data presented.

In fact, in another recent thread, the defensive points allowed were shown to have dropped off significantly in the 3rd and 4th quarters in 2018 (for the 4Q, Dallas's defense was ranked 26th in points allowed).

The conclusion one might draw from this is - Dak saved the defenses bacon in the 4Q. Personally, I don't necessarily believe that either. The truth is out there and it lies somewhere between these extremes.

18. zeroburrito

zeroburrito Well-Known Member

4,971 Messages
    510 Likes Received
    the prime time qb wins is a useless stat. cowboys have more prime time games than anyone else.

19. Brax

Brax Well-Known Member

809 Messages
    679 Likes Received
    You are correct but defenses tend to weaken as the game moves on and coordinators adjust scheme, more consistent play from Dak would really help that's my point and watching the games it's pretty obvious many games. Not sure why it takes 2 to 3 quarter for him to play to a high degree. Low point production is a real problem thru 3 quarters and hopefully can be addressed. Get to far behind and not sure Dak can make up a big deficit.

Runwildboys and ColoCowboy like this.
  20. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

33,246 Messages
    29,428 Likes Received
    He is a grown arse bus driver. That is what Zeke would say. Get it correct. :D

InTheZone and America's Cowboy like this.