Dak: This game can be so simple

Pass2Run

Reaction score
If Dak doesn't put his money where his mouth is, he'll be the team's Dakup. And Cooper Rush will be the guy.

I'll say it. It's possible Dak never broke his thumb and just bowed out after getting shut out.

Aftershock

Reaction score
If Dak doesn't put his money where his mouth is, he'll be the team's Dakup. And Cooper Rush will be the guy.

I'll say it. It's possible Dak never broke his thumb and just bowed out after getting shut out.
:omg:

So dak paid off the doctor to confirm he broke his thumb? That’s a stretch.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's blowing smoke.

It's year 7.

He should be past this by now if he was capable.

This is why some of us are over the Dak experiment. He's all talk and some of you guys eat it up hook, line, and sinker every year like a bunch of suckers.

Didn't Tony Romo say every year, he is working to improve. Changing up some throwing motion or mechanics to get better.
Yeah, he did, so it is ok for him but not ok for Dak according to some.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I agree that we are tethered to dak due to his contract
I hope therefore that he excels.
Noone has given me a concrete example of a gb that was good/average like Dak that was a starter for 6 seasons
That became elite in their 7th season.
Do you have any?
Most football people, media types, and surveys of coaches and players don’t view Dak as average. Prior to that TB game, he wasn’t viewed by many as elite, but as a legitimate franchise QB that you can win with. Even redrafts had him going in the first round.

I don’t personally view him as an avg QB, but if he is, then I certainly don’t think Kirk Cousins has done anything or enough in the NFL to warrant his contracts. He’s a guy that looks great and then looks awful. I don’t know of any QBs who just become elite. Even when it takes a few years, they look elite early on, even if they never make it because of the organization. There have been plenty of QBs who had elite talent but never reached elite status because they played for a crap organization. Mahommes is the absolute best in the NFL right now, but if he’d spent his first years with Jacksonville or the Jets, I don’t think he would look elite. Name me a QB who truly carried his team on his shoulders. I don’t believe that is possible. A QB must have weapons and an OL.

Strykerscm

Reaction score
Dak seems like a good dude. But how can someone defend his ******* with a straight face?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Most football people, media types, and surveys of coaches and players don’t view Dak as average. Prior to that TB game, he wasn’t viewed by many as elite, but as a legitimate franchise QB that you can win with. Even redrafts had him going in the first round.

I don’t personally view him as an avg QB, but if he is, then I certainly don’t think Kirk Cousins has done anything or enough in the NFL to warrant his contracts. He’s a guy that looks great and then looks awful. I don’t know of any QBs who just become elite. Even when it takes a few years, they look elite early on, even if they never make it because of the organization. There have been plenty of QBs who had elite talent but never reached elite status because they played for a crap organization. Mahommes is the absolute best in the NFL right now, but if he’d spent his first years with Jacksonville or the Jets, I don’t think he would look elite. Name me a QB who truly carried his team on his shoulders. I don’t believe that is possible. A QB must have weapons and an OL.
I believe if you review my many post in this thread I referred to Dak as Average/Good, because as you said he has had some nice Games for the Cowboys.
He really struggles with consistency, and especially against the better Teams in the league.
Since you typically face better teams in the playoffs, I feel he is ever going to get us to the SB.
The truly elite QBs in the NFL game out playing great for most part right out of the gate and have maintained that level of play.
To expect Dak to take that step from average/good to elite in his 7th season would be extremely rare and unusual.
He showed elite play the first 6 games last year, them reverted to form.
I was greatly disappointed as I thought he had turned the corner.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Didn't Tony Romo say every year, he is working to improve. Changing up some throwing motion or mechanics to get better.

But Romo didn't really get better after 6 years as a starter and injuries destroyed his career, something that is concerning about Dak right now.

Buzzbait

Reaction score

A lot of things are possible, but I don't think that's one of them.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Kellen Moore ruined Dak. Don’t put a kid in the role with barely more experience than the starting QB and expect development.

Xeven

Reaction score
Dak is learning from Rush that he need to just go out and run the plays and pass the ball rather than overthink, waste time and end up sacked 10 yards back.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I don’t know why people use this straw man you used at the end. If the person you’re replying to isn’t guilty of these claims I don’t get the point of mention that stuff. Truth is Dak just like Tony after a few years of starting was basically who he was for better or worse like most players in that regard. You can check the majority of players stats and they will be consistent after the first few years of starting until their primes are over so yeah it is just talk tbh.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
A lot of things are possible, but I don't think that's one of them.

Yeah, I don't buy it either. I guess the surgery was elective, too?

Interesting strategy to take yourself out a year before your biggest base salary kicks in.