Dak throw for 355 and 334 the past two weeks

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I’m the coward but you’re the one being a fake tough guy behind your monitor and your grandmas basement. Typical trash.
Nothing fake tough guy about me. The only difference is online you can use that lazy “online” talk. You say that stupid stuff online I’d say the same thing to you and nothing would change so don’t get your point. If I’m trash to a nothing like yourself I’m ok with that.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Romo did the same.
Please don't forget that.

My recollection of Romo was lots of shootouts where the game would be close late and Romo making a mistake to lose the game.

These games aren't shootouts with both teams going back and forth. This is Dallas getting whipped and then moving the ball late when the game is out of reach.

Creeper

Reaction score
While its true the last 2 weeks they have fallen behind badly and he has padded his stats in garbage time, its not entirely his fault they fell behind so far. The defense had a lot to do with that. And in fairness to Dak, he was not padding stats in the other 11 games Dallas played. Until the New England game, Dak was playing exceptionally well. Its just the last 3 games where he has started to revert back to the old Dak until the emergence of the full classic Dak last night in the first half.

Good coaches would look for the reasons behind Dak's regression and figure out a solution, like more pass protection or something. Kitna needs to work on Dak's footwork again. He is throwing off balance and not setting himself.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
ELE-iqYW4AI9MnT.jpg
ELE-iqZWkAAox2v.jpg

mattjames2010

Reaction score
This is similar to what Romo went through. Put up Gaudy statistics trying to compensate for an awful defense.

This is not similar.

Dak Prescott is being forced to throw a ton due to his failings in the first and second quarter - Romo had to throw a ton because the lack of support around him. It's not like Romo was being blown out as much as many of you are pretending.

Dak, THIS YEAR, has 4 games where he padded his stats. He hasn't looked much better in close games either.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
There is no comparison between the two.

One was an elite quarterback in the NFL stuck in this miserably run organization who took 4-12 rosters to 8-8 and beyond.

The other is an average-at-best quarterback stuck in this miserably run organization who took 11-5 rosters to 11-5 and below.

Check and mate.

Elite? :eek: By what measure, stats? :p

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Dude, this is idiotic.

Okay, so either Romo choked in the clutch, or he was a stat padder

You can't "choke" if you're getting blown out.

Both can be true. You can be getting blown out, bring your team back, and then choke in the 4th quarter when they game is close at the end. Actually, Romo won his fair share of these kinds of games, bringing the team back and finding a way to win. But of course it wasn't enough to be in the Superbowl. Oh well.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
You saw him. That was elite. Never mind stats.

I never saw elite, erod, and I was a Romo defender, still am. But "elite"? I wouldn't use that term and Romo in the same sentence, nope, not me.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Both can be true. You can be getting blown out, bring your team back, and then choke in the 4th quarter when they game is close at the end. Actually, Romo won his fair share of these kinds of games, bringing the team back and finding a way to win. But of course it wasn't enough to be in the Superbowl. Oh well.

No, not really.

Either he was in a lot of close games in the 4th and failed, or he was part of a lot of blowouts where he played catch up. Romo was almost always putting us in a position to win a game - of course every QB faces blowouts, nobody is disputing this, but you're revising history. That's exactly how the myth started that he was bad in the clutch, we were always involved in games that came down to the wire. And I don't even agree that Romo was elite, but you're just talking BS too.

Dak used to be part of close games when he was playing more conservatively with a run game.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Honestly the biggest indictment of Romo is that he didn't leave the Cowboys to join a better organization when he had the chance. Nobody who cared about winning over a paycheck should have stayed in Dallas during Garrett's tenure.

The best thing Dallas ever did for Ware is cut him loose so he could win a ring with the Broncos and get the sad-sack Garrett stink off him that Romo and Witten will have to live with forever.