Dak, Time to get smart

kskboys

Reaction score
My first Dak thread, ever if memory serves.

Dak, can you seriously not see what this agent is doing to you? You are now appearing to be self-centered, completely eaten up w/ greed, and a guy who doesn't care a wit about the team or your teammates or any of that.

Is this the case? If it is, well OK. If this is not the case, please please please fire this bucket of self serving BS and get a real agent as Mahomes did. That is how a contract should be done, not this drawn out mess.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Dak, can you seriously not see what this agent is doing to you? You are now appearing to be self-centered, completely eaten up w/ greed, and a guy who doesn't care a wit about the team or your teammates or any of that.

Is this the case? If it is, well OK. If this is not the case, please please please fire this bucket of self serving BS and get a real agent as Mahomes did. That is how a contract should be done, not this drawn out mess.
You forget it takes 2 to tango.

pansophy

Reaction score
The fact that with a week left to sign and that there is utter silence about the contract from both sides probably means something gets done. If we start hearing posturing in the media I’ll start to get concerned.

there may not be football this year anyway.

glimmerman

Reaction score

I agree. He is apparently fairly new to being a NFL agent. And he has to know that he already cost Dak money. Had a deal last year and pulled it right before it was signed just because we went 3-0. That’s why the negotiations stopped. If it was a contract ready to sign then it’s on him. If it’s the same 36 that’s on the table now and he turned that down and let Dak play for 2 instead. Knowing he would only get 31 this year for the tag then yeah he should be fired..

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree. He is apparently fairly new to being a NFL agent. And he has to know that he already cost Dak money. Had a deal last year and pulled it right before it was signed just because we went 3-0. That’s why the negotiations stopped. If it was a contract ready to sign then it’s on him. If it’s the same 36 that’s on the table now and he turned that down and let Dak play for 2 instead. Knowing he would only get 31 this year for the tag then yeah he should be fired..
For the life of me, I cannot see how any of this can be construed as good moves for Dak. I think we have an agent who is not negotiating in good faith. He doesn't appear to be interested in a good offer/deal, he only wants a maxed out contract.

I really thought Dak was a great guy. If he is, it's time for him to show it and fire this saboteur and go w/ a good respected guy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
For the life of me, I cannot see how any of this can be construed as good moves for Dak. I think we have an agent who is not negotiating in good faith. He doesn't appear to be interested in a good offer/deal, he only wants a maxed out contract.

I really thought Dak was a great guy. If he is, it's time for him to show it and fire this saboteur and go w/ a good respected guy.
So are Aaron Donald and Deandre Hopkins bad guys? Or how about Ryan Tannenhill? All have Todd France as their agent. Dak signed with France because he's going to make him a lot of money.

kskboys

Reaction score
So are Aaron Donald and Deandre Hopkins bad guys? Or how about Ryan Tannenhill? All have Todd France as their agent. Dak signed with France because he's going to make him a lot of money.
Possibly. They aren't on my team, so I'm not aware of their contract negotiations.

Dak was going to make a lot of money regardless. That is not a good reason at all.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Possibly. They aren't on my team, so I'm not aware of their contract negotiations.

Dak was going to make a lot of money regardless. That is not a good reason at all.

What do you mean "possibly"?You aren't aware of what's going on with them but they are "possibly" bad people?
In the scheme of things its how these contracts are structured. I saw Kapernick get his "100 million dollar" deal and get released. Didn't see a fraction of it. We've seen it time and time again. France is a go getter. He gets the job done. Its a cut throat business but it is what it is.

A

tm1119

Reaction score

I honestly can’t even fathom the combination of immaturity and insecurity it would take for a grown to come to this conclusion about another grown man negotiating his paycheck

kskboys

Reaction score
What do you mean "possibly"?You aren't aware of what's going on with them but they are "possibly" bad people?
In the scheme of things its how these contracts are structured. I saw Kapernick get his "100 million dollar" deal and get released. Didn't see a fraction of it. We've seen it time and time again. France is a go getter. He gets the job done. Its a cut throat business but it is what it is.

A
Kap didn't get released. He opted out of his contract.

No, France is not getting the job done.

Possibly? Of course. Everyone you or I don't know is a "possibly" bad person. I said "possibly", because I don't know. Not sure why you're thinking possibly is a bad word.

InTheZone

Reaction score

whatever the reason may be so far this is working out for those who want to see another QB get a shot and potentially do better an it absolutely sucks for those who believe he's all that they say he is.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Kap didn't get released. He opted out of his contract.

No, France is not getting the job done.

Possibly? Of course. Everyone you or I don't know is a "possibly" bad person. I said "possibly", because I don't know. Not sure why you're thinking possibly is a bad word.
Technically he "opted" out but they were going to cut him lol. He jumped in front of it before they could. Let's don't kid ourselves here.

ITs not a bad word its just a odd choice of words to describe someone you don't know. If someone asked me were you a bad person I would say "I don't know..." because...I don't know lol. But ok.

And France is getting the job done. He's playing chess not checkers. Dak chose to bet on himself and so far its working. France is there to make sure that happens.

kskboys

Reaction score
I honestly can’t even fathom the combination of immaturity and insecurity it would take for a grown to come to this conclusion about another grown man negotiating his paycheck
Or why a grown man such as yourself feels inclined to throw really cheap grade school insults at someone they don't know. Maybe you should look inward for immaturity and insecurity. I'm OK w/ you having an opinion, maybe you should self analyze and come to an understanding why you lack the cognitive ability to perceive why people see things in different ways than you do. Your extreme narcissism is making you sound quite childish. Thanks for your opinion though, I'll allow you to have it!!!!