Dak, Time to get smart

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Or why a grown man such as yourself feels inclined to throw really cheap grade school insults at someone they don't know. Maybe you should look inward for immaturity and insecurity. I'm OK w/ you having an opinion, maybe you should self analyze and come to an understanding why you lack the cognitive ability to perceive why people see things in different ways than you do. Your extreme narcissism is making you sound quite childish. Thanks for your opinion though, I'll allow you to have it!!!!
You talk narcissism and then two sentences later tell him you allow for him to have a opinion? The irony lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I honestly can’t even fathom the combination of immaturity and insecurity it would take for a grown to come to this conclusion about another grown man negotiating his paycheck
Can you imagine if we did that to him?Tell him to take a pay cut at work even though he's performing at a high level?He'd look at us crazy lol.

glimmerman

Reaction score
For the life of me, I cannot see how any of this can be construed as good moves for Dak. I think we have an agent who is not negotiating in good faith. He doesn't appear to be interested in a good offer/deal, he only wants a maxed out contract.

I really thought Dak was a great guy. If he is, it's time for him to show it and fire this saboteur and go w/ a good respected guy.
Like you said he can put a end to this. He can actually call JJ or SJ himself. SJ called D-Law and finally got a contract done. Lol.

Eanwen

Reaction score
My first Dak thread, ever if memory serves.

Dak, can you seriously not see what this agent is doing to you? You are now appearing to be self-centered, completely eaten up w/ greed, and a guy who doesn't care a wit about the team or your teammates or any of that.

Is this the case? If it is, well OK. If this is not the case, please please please fire this bucket of self serving BS and get a real agent as Mahomes did. That is how a contract should be done, not this drawn out mess.

LOL do you seriously think Dak wouldn't take Mahomes' contract? Maybe you should call Jerry and have him offer Dak the same contract so we can see if Dak will take it or not. :muttley:

edit: At any rate, consider the possibility all of this stuff is in your head. Dak says he wants to be a Cowboy. The Jones' say they want Dak to be a Cowboy. Dak's already agreed to the tag. He'll be a Cowboy, so why stress over things you can't control and will happen (specifically, Dak signing a multi year deal with the Cowboys) anyway?

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Jerry blundered by failing to get Dak signed when he had a more reasonable agent.

Well run franchises almost never get in this position with their franchise QB.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
In my opinion Dak and his agent may look at JJ's history of giving big contracts out, some to players who may not even deserved it and ask themselves "why is Jones playing hardball with Us now??.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Like you said he can put a end to this. He can actually call JJ or SJ himself. SJ called D-Law and finally got a contract done. Lol.

Doesn't the league have rules against this? The Jonses can not speak to Dak directly regarding his contract unless the player has decided to rep himself.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Doesn't the league have rules against this? The Jonses can not speak to Dak directly regarding his contract unless the player has decided to rep himself.
There was a thing about SJ calling D-Law and they said it was against the rules but was dismissed I guess because D-Law and his agent was ok with the contract. Not sure how they avoided trouble there.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No, I haven't. I've learned that Dak wants a short term deal, which is terrible for the team. How have you not learned that?
Wince and Wilson and many other QB’s signed a 4 year contract. I learned that.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Guess we'll see in 4 day, 11 hrs.

In my own world, I guess I wish the contract was already behind us.

And yes, I'm ok whether he signs for 4 or 5 years. But really his new 5-year offer aligns him with his classmates Wentz and Goff on when their contracts expire. They were 4 years extension onto 1 year remaining....so 5 years locked-in.

I'm suspecting that Todd France wants him to beat them to the market by a year.

But it's really okay if he just plays a year on the tag.
This year is a bit of an anomaly anyway.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
My first Dak thread, ever if memory serves.

Dak, can you seriously not see what this agent is doing to you? You are now appearing to be self-centered, completely eaten up w/ greed, and a guy who doesn't care a wit about the team or your teammates or any of that.

Is this the case? If it is, well OK. If this is not the case, please please please fire this bucket of self serving BS and get a real agent as Mahomes did. That is how a contract should be done, not this drawn out mess.

Dak doesn't go on here.

And in one breath you say that its the agent doing it to him and then you blame Dak?

Dak obviously has an awesome person for an Agent. That has been confirmed.

Now if Dak wont agree to 5 years for 35 million or 4 years for 35 million then I agree he has to take some blame and it would definitely appear that he is thinking too much about money.

But none of that means that he doenst care about his teammates.