Twitter: Dak Vows To Clean Up His Play

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Lolol
Moore's fault Dak can't throw into "tight windows". As if that's some extreme expectation of an NFL quarterback.

Man the excuses never end for #4

I'm actually not one of Dak's biggest fans. Precision is certainly his biggest weakness. Even when the guy is open, a receiver will frequently have to reach up or behind to get the ball.

In Dak's rookie year the offense played to his strengths and none of this was happening. Right now I think that Moore has him trying to force balls into receivers that aren't really open. If you are Rodgers, go ahead. Dak, not so much. IMO, calling all these timing routes over the middle with Dak is the equivalent of calling jet sweeps with Zeke. Its not playing to a player's strengths and that's on Kellen.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Well, he is
  • 22nd In Total TDs - Total Turnovers Differential
  • 19th is QBR
  • 14th in Passer Rating.
If he finishes the season at this level it will be the lowest rankings by any true starting Dallas Cowboys QB (vs the rest of the league...so apples/apples) since Quincy Carter's worst year.

I assume he will move up some in the next 4 games, but we shall see.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Just missing the "Dak War Here" banner arrow. pretty simple, combo of Dak pressing AND miscues on others on the offense..crazy stuff BOTH happen on most of the INT's in the NFL even with QB's that others like or dont like....crazy stuff..I'll take the win AND or offense scoring more than the other team, which again is probably a crazy comment to the Dak War soldiers.

odog422

Reaction score
Taking stats and adjusting them to paint some agenda does not make the agenda a fact.
A fact is a fact. The data is the data. It’s not made up and no one is “adjusting” them. The stats are what they are. As I said in my initial post, when they present a picture that shows Dak favorably they are either ignored or argued not relevant. Thank you for making my point.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
How many times is Dak going to say this same thing?? I like Dak, but I get tired of hearing him say this over and over.
he will keep saying it because...........IT WORKS ! LOL
I am sure jerry believes him. I notice dakster is cussing now, lol he is real confident in his job security.

I think the extra int's are due to too much time spent in the sleep number bed, and not enough time in film room?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
A fact is a fact. The data is the data. It’s not made up and no one is “adjusting” them. The stats are what they are. As I said in my initial post, when they present a picture that shows Dak favorably they are either ignored or argued not relevant. Thank you for making my point.
most stats are meaningless, just something they came up with for the fan boys.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well, he is
  • 19th is QBR
  • 14th in Passer Rating.
If he finishes the season at this level it will be the lowest rankings by any true starting Dallas Cowboys QB (vs the rest of the league...so apples/apples) since Quincy Carter's worst year.

You don't think the reason for this is because he had a injury to his throwing hand?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Well, he is
  • 19th is QBR
  • 14th in Passer Rating.

QBR has only been around maybe 8-9 years so I don't know if that should even be included. But the rest of this post got me curious so I looked it up..

in 2004 Testaverde threw 17 TDs and 20 INTs and was 26th in passer rating..
In 2005 Bledsoe was 17th in passer rating with 23 TDs and 17 INTs.
In 2006 Romo was 15th in passer rating with 19 TDs and 13 INTs. After this Romo settled in on a nice run of generally being around the top 10 in most categories. And occasionally entered the top 5.

So basically these three and Dak have been the only "true starting QBs" the Cowboys have had. And I dare say if nothing else changes this season by Dak will be better than any of these. I guess you could also throw 2010 Kitna in there he finished 14th in passer rating with 16 TD and 12 INTs .. Again.. certainly inferior to where Dak is right now.

pitt33

Reaction score
Have you noticed that every time he throws a pick, he goes mouth breather with this dazed look on his face? That could mean e is not sure how it happened and therefore, fixing it might be a problem.
I laughed hard at this.

My wife and I noticed the same thing with that puss he gets after tossing one to the opponent.

Goes mouth breather lol

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It's not hard to understand. Prescott outright thinks he has a golden arm and Moore runs a type of offense that is built around that - the simple fact is, that's not Prescott. He needs to be reigned in. There is zero reason this offense should be playing differently than it did with Rush. Clock management, be run first, have the QB play off that. That's how Prescott has played the most effectively in his career.

We have gotten really really really lucky the offenses we've gone up against have stunk it up and not taken advantage of Dak's mistakes. That won't always be the case. Even Rodgers in his down year took advantage of it.

DFWJC

Reaction score
QBR has only been around maybe 8-9 years so I don't know if that should even be included. But the rest of this post got me curious so I looked it up..

in 2004 Testaverde threw 17 TDs and 20 INTs and was 26th in passer rating..
In 2005 Bledsoe was 17th in passer rating with 23 TDs and 17 INTs.
In 2006 Romo was 15th in passer rating with 19 TDs and 13 INTs. After this Romo settled in on a nice run of generally being around the top 10 in most categories. And occasionally entered the top 5.

So basically these three and Dak have been the only "true starting QBs" the Cowboys have had. And I dare say if nothing else changes this season by Dak will be better than any of these. I guess you could also throw 2010 Kitna in there he finished 14th in passer rating with 16 TD and 12 INTs .. Again.. certainly inferior to where Dak is right now.
Great stuff. Thanks for looking it up.

I usually use total td and turnovers, so rushing tds and fumbles are included.
Dak is a plus 6 right now, thanks in part to him reducing his fumbles.

Anyway, looks like he's certainly ahead of 2004 and I would predict he'll be ahead of 2005, though I'm not sure where Bledsoe's +6 differential ranked that year. I think differentials and passer ratings have gone up over time, so where they ranked in the year they played (so vs current year peers) is important.
I'm guessing a plus 6 ranked much higher back then than it does now.

I wouldn't use anyone that didn't play at least half the games, and really 10 or more is probably more valid.
So we agree on that too.

As for Kitna, he fell into the backup playing due to injury in my mind. Kind of like Dalton in 2019 and others in 2015. I'm guessing his differential is even lower than that +4 because I recall him losing some fumbles but not scoring rushing TDs.

Thanks again

4 games left. Dak will improve.

DFWJC

Reaction score
..but probably half those were not his fault. Its bias stat, that only functions one way.
That stuff normally balances out over time.
Many ints that should've been but that were dropped and some ints that happened but were more the WRs fault.
In any one game, or two, it can be deceiving though