Dak vs Carr after 3 season and Carr's $125M contract

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Derek Carr has a lot of arm talent and he's in a horrible Jon Gruden offense.

If Derek Carr was our QB and he would do really well here because of the matchups on the outside he would get thanks to Zeke.
That excuse is about as bad as Jerry's with the cleats. Carr was horrible before Gruden went back to Oakland.

He had one good season taking Oakland to the playoffs with one of the easiest schedules. Than Oakland got stupid & gave Carr a huge payday the following season.

Since then he's been sucking it up. Lol, Carr wouldn't do any better with Dallas' horrific coaching staff. Romo was hands down better than Carr will ever be & he couldn't do anything with Jerry & Company. Carr's a bust, period.

Last edited:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
"Carrs down year was this year"
"Think about how good he'd be with a running game and WR1 that wants to play"
You think a player who mastered the art of route running and learned the nuances of speed adjustment hates football? Wow.

How exactly did Nick Foles(who just lost to a QB making $30M this year) disprove that QBs aren't worth $22-$28M?
So you're saying Coop didn't want to play?! Enough with the excuses. Carr is an average overpaid qb, period.

Last edited:

SackMaster

Reaction score
Not trying to get into the Dak vs <enter name here> debate.

I just wonder why those that don't like Dak come up for so many excuses for NON-Cowboy QBs, like Wentz, Foles, Bridgewater and Carr, but NEVER give Dak any credit for being somewhat successful in the "environment", "system" or "lack of a true #1" that he has been forced to endure in the first 3 years in the league.

Not calling people hypocrites, but that is just a little hypocritical, don't you think?
:huh:

Birdgang

Reaction score
"Carrs down year was this year"
Carr had the most yards of his career this year despite having the 2nd least pass attempts of his career. He had career highs in completion %, yards per attempt, and 2nd in INT % and total INT, passer rating, and QBR.

"Think about how good he'd be with a running game and WR1 that wants to play"
You think a player who mastered the art of route running and learned the nuances of speed adjustment hates football? Wow.

How exactly did Nick Foles(who just lost to a QB making $30M this year) disprove that QBs aren't worth $22-$28M?

please re read what I said in OP .... I said his numbers got better after Amari left . You would think a 1k yard WR the 2 seasons before would be missed. unless you think Amari does not have game changer abilities ? You woud think losing someone like that would hurt even more as he had to be accounted for .

Really he was making less last year when he won SB .... then filled in and made a dam fine run against the best teams in NFL to even have chance to get postseason .

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We went 10-6 and out of those wins - we beat a banged up Philly team, New Orleans, and Washington. We then beat the overachieving Seahawks in the playoffs.

We were 4-5 against winning teams during the season. Again, 2 of those games were against a banged up Philly, 1 of those games was with Colt freakin' McCoy, and luckily our D showed up against New Orleans.

You struggle with context.
But if we suck like you guys say....shouldn’t we lose to the losing teams too? The ones that have a coach and a quarterback? Since that’s what’s holding us back? Matthew?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
But if we suck like you guys say....shouldn’t we lose to the losing teams too? The ones that have a coach and a quarterback? Since that’s what’s holding us back? Matthew?

We HAVE sucked. My god, dude.

Winning a playoff game doesn’t change the pattern we have seen for 20+ years LOL

Is that what makes us a good team? Good teams don’t just make the playoffs 3 out of 8 seasons

Our division being a crap fest and us not sucking more than the Commanders and Giants doesn’t make us anything more - we are a mediocre to bad football program with a couple jersey sellers.

Little Jr

Reaction score
There are reasons for that.

Put Dak in that Oakland environment and see what he looks like.

In Dallas everything is optimal for a decent QB to be decent or a little better then decent.

If Derek Carr was our QB we'd be a much better passing team.
Before I go to far, what type of environment is optimal for a qb?

I find it odd that you are not a fan of this offensive scheme and you are still critical of Dak even though he's in a scheme that isn't very good. Yet you give carr a out for his offensive scheme and give him the excuse on why he hasn't been good. Although hes had different schemes and really only performed well one year.

And that video you posted was highlights. Lol Dak highlights look good. Hell, everyone's highlights look good. I can post my sons high school highlights if you like and tell me what you think about him. Lol

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Not trying to get into the Dak vs <enter name here> debate.

I just wonder why those that don't like Dak come up for so many excuses for NON-Cowboy QBs, like Wentz, Foles, Bridgewater and Carr, but NEVER give Dak any credit for being somewhat successful in the "environment", "system" or "lack of a true #1" that he has been forced to endure in the first 3 years in the league.

Not calling people hypocrites, but that is just a little hypocritical, don't you think?
:huh:
I don't want to get involved but I want to get involved. Please make up your mind.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Who wanna bet Dak's agent have these numbers as well......just saying

Derek Carr didn't have Zeke and our oline.

Dak's numbers always have to be taken in the context of teams *daring* us to beat them with Dak's arm, and us never really taking them up on that dare.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We HAVE sucked. My god, dude.

Winning a playoff game doesn’t change the pattern we have seen for 20+ years LOL

Is that what makes us a good team? Good teams don’t just make the playoffs 3 out of 8 seasons

Our division being a crap fest and us not sucking more than the Commanders and Giants doesn’t make us anything more - we are a mediocre to bad football program with a couple jersey sellers.
How did they win 11 wins when everyone sucks? Are you going to answer or keep failing off the rails? Let me know ASAP.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Derek Carr couldn't do jack squat with Amari Cooper for this first 7 games of this season. Amari came to Dallas, and Dak did so much better with him as his only true weapon at receiving.

Yeah, Carr is better. :facepalm:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Derek Carr didn't have Zeke and our oline.

Dak's numbers always have to be taken in the context of teams *daring* us to beat them with Dak's arm, and us never really taking them up on that dare.
Yeah, because Zeke and our Oline totally sucked last week at LA when it mattered most.

I'll say this, had Linehan decided to go all out pass happy, Dak would have led the Cowboys to a win, regardless of the Defense's absence.

Those rushing plays were wasted plays. Big time.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
$125 mill for Dak?

Are you guys f'ing insane?

$125 mill for a QB that cant hit a WR in stride and leads the league in fumbles. :facepalm:

Whats next, give Sean "glass" Lee a $50 million extension for him to watch all the games from the trainer's room next season.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
This site is truly amazing. Posters sit here all day telling us how bad Garrett is, how much Dak sucks, Zeke is too fat, Linehan is trash and Maranellia is garbage.......yet we sit here with 11 wins....how could such a trash organization get so many wins?

Some posters standards are higher than regular season wins and doing jack in the playoffs.

We are the Cowboys, not the Browns...………..We dont hang division title banners in the rafters and have parades acting like we actually did something.

When Clappy learns to get past the Divisional round, maybe after another decade or two, then get back to me.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Carr will never be as good as Dak. He had a short stretch where he and Cooper lit it up in Oakland...then Carr just didn't look right.

Carr was ripping up the league and taking names until his leg got snapped like a toothpick...……….dude has never been the same since.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
There are reasons for that.

Put Dak in that Oakland environment and see what he looks like.

In Dallas everything is optimal for a decent QB to be decent or a little better then decent.

If Derek Carr was our QB we'd be a much better passing team.

They’ll eventually get to decent here though, right?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
How did they win 11 wins when everyone sucks? Are you going to answer or keep failing off the rails? Let me know ASAP.

Regular season vs. playoffs bro...………....we got 2 wildcard wins over a decade under Garrett............see my sig!

Now if you are satisfied with those results, then congratulations...........most of Cowboy Nation is not however.

CPanther95

Reaction score
This has to be one of the dumbest points someone can try to make. The only way it isn't stupid is if the Raiders would give the same contract with the benefit of hindsight.