Dak vs Carr vs Cousins

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I expected Dak to be at the top-ish. I still don't get how he reset the market, by 5 million AAV, and got a huge signing bonus and guarantees.

They literally dragged this out for months, and probably caved on every demand.
It's exactly how jerry wanted it to happen!!

Adreme

Reaction score
It's not true for every QB. There are QBs that elevate the team around them. I know Burrow was one of them. We don't have as many in this league now as we used to.
It is true for every QB. You say Burrow is one of them but they looked almost identical with their backup QB in for several games, because as it turns out having weapons is very important and no QB does it without great weapons. Lets also not forget that Burrow 2 WRs who will be joining the 30m club soon. The QB who does it with nothing does not exist in the NFL Every single QB requires talent around them.

Flamma

Reaction score
It is true for every QB. You say Burrow is one of them but they looked almost identical with their backup QB in for several games, because as it turns out having weapons is very important and no QB does it without great weapons. Lets also not forget that Burrow 2 WRs who will be joining the 30m club soon. The QB who does it with nothing does not exist in the NFL Every single QB requires talent around them.
I'll give you an example of what I mean by using Tony Romo as one of those QBs, and he's not even a hall of famer. Back on Thanksgiving of 2015 the 10-0 Panthers were coming to play the 3-7 Cowboys. As ridiculous as this sounds, the line opened up at Dallas -6. It went off at Dallas minus 1 or 2, I forget, but it's on record. But the line was that way because Dallas was 3-0 with Romo starting. He was injured for the 7 losses. People are willing to bet on a QB that makes a difference. A 3-7 team was favored to beat a 10-0 team.

You would never see that with our current QB on any universe. We're home this week playing a team that's 0-2 and we're the dogs!!!