Dak vs Costly QBs not making playoffs

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
They did for a long time with Rodgers as the Packers went to 8 consecutive playoffs including 1 Super Bowl and 3 championship games.

Only Brady and the Patriots had a better run in same time frame. This was the first year the Packers have missed the playoffs when Rodgers was standing.
Seahawks run was much better than packers

CowboyChris

Reaction score
no matter how much we give Dak, and I think it will be close to 30 a year, if we keep drafting well, we will be just fine.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I posted this not so much about Dak as about how many teams with top paid QBs and “great stats” didn’t make the playoffs.
I know.

Some here just like to hijack the thread.

It's frustrating to have to filter the threads.

I just ignore the poster thru control panel.

If they can't play along nicely..

it's usually habitual from them.

They gone.

khiladi

Reaction score
I wonder if having the #1 rusher in the league and a top 10 D has anything to do with it.

I’m pretty sure Rodgers or any of these costly QBs facing a single deep safety with single press coverage would destroy defenses. But then again, defenses wouldn’t play him like they do Dak generally.

So the question becomes, is the formula with Dak worth it? The Cowboys aren’t the only ones doing it. The Ravens have gone on a similar win streak and their QB is really mediocre with his arm as a passer like Dak.

The problem is, thinking Dak is some ‘top tier’ QB. Josh Johnson cane off a seven year layoff and posted a 105 QB rating against the Giants as starter for the Commanders, and the Commanders roster is way more decimated than the Cowboys. They have over twenty something players on injured reserve.

The game is becoming more like college in reality, where the rules don’t require excellent QB play.

khiladi

Reaction score

Hahhahahahhahahah "This offense would be nothing without Zeke"

Great RBs dont bump QBs #'s

That record is the same run that started with the Atlanta game, where all the Dak homers m says something happened to Dak, meaning even they recognized he sucks with Zeke. They lost three games on a row without Zeke and committed eight turnovers during that stretch. His QBR against those good teams was around 50-60.

This is what one calls manipulating the stats.

This guy only went back four games for a reason. Three of those wins came against garbage teams already out the playoff race and having a disaster of a season. The Commanders, Giants last year and the raiders. And Dak was awful in them and couldn’t score until the fourth went a couple dump offs ended up going to the house. Against the Commanders, Dak didn’t even pass over 100 yards. One TD during this ‘run’ was to Rod Smith, another was like a 50 yard run by Beasley off a dump off. And the other TDs were gifts by Sean Lee who intercepted passes and put them nine yards away from the end zone.

Last edited:

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Yeah I get that, but what you are saying doesn’t make any sense since you are babbling about QB winz like it’s real or something. Dak didn’t lead anyone anywhere, the team won in spite of him.
Regardless, I don’t really see how anyone could not see the obvious truth in front of their eyes: paying a QB big bucks is bad for making the playoffs.
I would say you don’t understand the importance of good QB play. Because of simple supply and demand after a QB’s first contract you have to pay him in the 20-30 million Range per year if he is a top 12-15 QB.
NE wins consistently because they know the importance of QB play and Coaching. They will pay their QB and their coaches. Everyone else, we’ll Gronk too, they will not over pay. They trust their personnel department and coaching staff to find and coach up draft picks and Free Agents.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Just shows that it takes a complete team. Your high paid QB can only do so much by himself.

Ozone22

Reaction score
2vtbkae.jpg

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Every one of those guys had better coaching then Dak. All but Carr had better players around him.

Looking at those salaries Dak is going to get at least 25 million per year.
Better coaching? Rodgers coach just got fired, Atlanta has had 1 good season in past 4, and yet he has better coaching? I always laugh at how bad our coaching is. How is that great coach in Carolina doing? I mean, he did make a sb, clearly better than our guy.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I posted this not so much about Dak as about how many teams with top paid QBs and “great stats” didn’t make the playoffs.
which is why we should not be paying Dak 25 million. We have far too many young players that are gonna need to get paid also.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Dak is an above average QB who usually makes plays when it counts most. That's all we need. Look who is in the playoffs:

Tom Brady
Patrick Mahomes
DeShawn Watson
Joe Flacco
Philip Rivers
Andrew Luck
Drew Brees
Jared Goff
Mitch Tribusky
Russell Wilson
Nick Foles/Carson Wentz/whoever the 3rd string guy is (Sudfeld??)

How many of those QB's have what we consider a complete team supporting them? Very few, but every team has at least one or two elite parts that can carry a team if need for a short time OR great coaching at the least. We have a shot. Give Dak a chance.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
That record is the same run that started with the Atlanta game, where all the Dak homers m says something happened to Dak, meaning even they recognized he sucks with Zeke. They lost three games on a row without Zeke and committed eight turnovers during that stretch. His QBR against those good teams was around 50-60.

This is what one calls manipulating the stats.

This guy only went back four games for a reason. Three of those wins came against garbage teams already out the playoff race and having a disaster of a season. The Commanders, Giants last year and the raiders. And Dak was awful in them and couldn’t score until the fourth went a couple dump offs ended up going to the house. Against the Commanders, Dak didn’t even pass over 100 yards. One TD during this ‘run’ was to Rod Smith, another was like a 50 yard run by Beasley off a dump off. And the other TDs were gifts by Sean Lee who intercepted passes and put them nine yards away from the end zone.

Oh you're big mad, huh? Hhahahhaha

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Agreed, I think mods could put an end to it when posts move from critiquing a game to just hateful, “I’m right” negativity if they threw them all into the Drama Zone.

The guys who have made up their minds that Dak is responsible for every bad play and someone else is responsible for every good play have had all season to ruin every win for the rest of us. Just a suggestion, mods, but hasn’t it been hashed out enough over 17 weeks? Don’t the rest of us deserve to enjoy the playoff game(s) without listening to the same garbage over and over?
stop opening all the Dak threads and enjoy the playoffs.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Dak is an above average QB who usually makes plays when it counts most. That's all we need. Look who is in the playoffs:

Tom Brady
Patrick Mahomes
DeShawn Watson
Joe Flacco
Philip Rivers
Andrew Luck
Drew Brees
Jared Goff
Mitch Tribusky
Russell Wilson
Nick Foles/Carson Wentz/whoever the 3rd string guy is (Sudfeld??)

How many of those QB's have what we consider a complete team supporting them? Very few, but every team has at least one or two elite parts that can carry a team if need for a short time OR great coaching at the least. We have a shot. Give Dak a chance.
Flacco???? he is on the bench and wont sniff the field again in Baltimore.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
If it’s only one season then they’re not elite. And wouldn’t justify paying them.

But teams are so desperate in finding a QB because they understand the importance. It’s why they’ll give up so much in a contract or on draft day.
There is only 4-6 teams that will be looking for QBs next year...... thats not that many. Im more thinking it is like 4

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
stop opening all the Dak threads and enjoy the playoffs.
Right?

Some people do not know when to put the computer down.

I did a self induced moratorium on negative posts until the season is over.

There will be plenty of time in the off season.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dak made $725K in salary this year including workout bonus. And he led to 10 wins and the NFC east division title. Interesting stat on many otherhighly paid franchise QBs- Seven of the NFL’s highest paid QBs did not make the playoffs. These guys combined for 40 wins.

Aaron Rodgers: $33.5M
Matt Ryan: $30M
Kirk Cousins: $28M
Jimmy Garoppolo: $27.5M
Matthew Stafford: $27M
Derek Carr: $25M
Ben Roethlisberger $23M

Obviously Jimmy G missed most of the season but those top 3- Rodgers, Ryan and Cousins combined cost their teams a whopping $91 million this year and they did not even make the playoffs.

Hmmmm......

When you commit that much cap space to one position you have to cut corners elsewhere. Plus, a few of those guys were just bad decisions.

If Dallas pays Dak anything like that it will be a regrettable decision.

Falco78

Reaction score
We really need a Dak pinned thread. It’s getting out of hand.
I love Dak, but I agree. The pro and con Dak threads are out of hand, but I think we'd hit a forum limit after a day or two in a single thread...