Dak vs Justin Fields

basel90

Reaction score
so how has it choked the cap? anyone on the defense we wanted to sign and couldn't? anyeone we really wanted and couldn't sign? we gave cooper a 20M/ year contract, on top of Zeke, Smith, Smith, Martin, Lawrence contracts already on the books....

the patriots committed over several years 164M not this year alone...geez dude, do I have to do your homework for you?

your argument was beyond weak. at least try and put some thought and effort behind it...

you didn't even deserve the time I put into this response....dude....so so weak.
Your argument is lacking substance and proof . The money the Patriots committed for this year is more than 3 times what the cowboys had to work with after paying Dak and others .
Are you saying the cowboys played their signings well ? By over paying zeke , Dak , smith , DLaw etc ? How can you reconcile this ?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Didn't Roethlisberger win a superbowl as a rookie? :huh:

Nope.. the Steelers did win in his second season as a starter.. but Ruthlessraper had little to do with it.. I believe he set a Super Bowl record for lowest passer rating for a winning QB.. It was in the 20's as I recall.

Steve007

Reaction score
OK, then...in two years he won't have the second largest contract in the league...would you be happy then? since he won't be second highest?

and Ryan had the highest at one point. Rodgers had it at one point. stafford had it at one point. watson was second highest this past summer. wilson was highest at one point. goff, wentz were 2nd highest at one point...and on and on it goes...

this is the most meaningless old argument from you dak detractors.
Just stating facts. By the way how many of those players you mentioned made it to the Super Bowl after they got those big contracts? Answer.... Zero

Steve007

Reaction score
you hope he won't so you don't have to eat crow. its more likely you like to see the cowboys win anything so you can gloat.

and if they do, here is your ready made logic:
He won because of everybody else on the team. anybody else could have done it cheaper.

if we don'tL
Its Dak's fault.

he is in a lose-lose situation with you guys...no matter what he does. he will never get credit..
Dak lover already making an excuse. I hope they do win a Superbowl, and I will be happy to eat crow. I don't see that happening. I bought the hype over the years, but I'm not going to be a blind fan.

Steve007

Reaction score
I disagree. They’ve added a lot of players not to mention a new DC with a new scheme. Lots of players that you say were there last year weren’t because of injury and will be back.
Dan Quinn is a good hire. They add players every year. They might be better, but they aren't a Super bowl team.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Your argument is lacking substance and proof . The money the Patriots committed for this year is more than 3 times what the cowboys had to work with after paying Dak and others .
Are you saying the cowboys played their signings well ? By over paying zeke , Dak , smith , DLaw etc ? How can you reconcile this ?
teams have different salary cap space. patriots didn't pay brady saving $25M and paid peanuts to Newton...guess what....they missed the playoffs and had a losing record....now they are rolling with Newton again.....lets see how that works out for them!!!

we over paid zeke, lawrence, Jaylon....we shouldn't have resigned martin (as good as he is martin won't be the main reason we go to the superbowl)...

so lets cut some of these non producing fat contracts like Jaylon, Zeke...lets trade Martin and cash in.... there will be plenty of cap room.

Plus, Dak's cap hit was 22M this year...... all you all said you want 35..... or 30....so this year its 22M, below what you all said...not you complain.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak lover already making an excuse. I hope they do win a Superbowl, and I will be happy to eat crow. I don't see that happening. I bought the hype over the years, but I'm not going to be a blind fan.
Dak lover....cute..... did you come up with that all by yourself? or did you get some help....that's pathetic!!! let me guess you are what/..12 or 13?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Just stating facts. By the way how many of those players you mentioned made it to the Super Bowl after they got those big contracts? Answer.... Zero
Ryan did. Rodgers did, Eli did....this is the same old tired excuse, if the QB has a large contract they won't go to the superbowl bullshiet..... so in your opinion if a QB doesn't make it to the superbowl in their first 4 or 5 years, they are done!? they shouldn't be given a second contract because they didn't make it on their first contract. and then there were the dak detractors begging for stafford and now you say stafford is not worth it...I wish all you all would get together ina forum put your illogical reasonings together and be consistent....

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

The pay Dak crowd is a wild bunch.

About half of them fully understand what that contract does to the team but their reasoning for signing him are things like "what else are you going to do" or "do you trust Jerry to find another guy".

basel90

Reaction score

About half of them fully understand what that contract does to the team but their reasoning for signing him are things like "what else are you going to do" or "do you trust Jerry to find another guy".
very true. As if dak was elite . They also ignore that this team has massive issues on defense and also existing bad contracts to be able to pay so much on a decent QB like dak. Dak is exactly that, an overpaid decent player , not elite by any stretch.

basel90

Reaction score
teams have different salary cap space. patriots didn't pay brady saving $25M and paid peanuts to Newton...guess what....they missed the playoffs and had a losing record....now they are rolling with Newton again.....lets see how that works out for them!!!

we over paid zeke, lawrence, Jaylon....we shouldn't have resigned martin (as good as he is martin won't be the main reason we go to the superbowl)...

so lets cut some of these non producing fat contracts like Jaylon, Zeke...lets trade Martin and cash in.... there will be plenty of cap room.

Plus, Dak's cap hit was 22M this year...... all you all said you want 35..... or 30....so this year its 22M, below what you all said...not you complain.
i agree on overpaid semi busts like zeke and smith and Dlaw.
But you ignore the sheer numbers the dak contract entails. The first year savings you mention do not take away the massive costs in year 2-4 . No decent star or elite player will sign for just this upcoming season . everyone wants the 3-5 year guaranteed conrtacts. so let us get real . Dak's deal limits the options in so many way . Big blamew of course is on the FO for the old legacy of bad expensive contracts you mentioned earlier.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
very true. As if dak was elite . They also ignore that this team has massive issues on defense and also existing bad contracts to be able to pay so much on a decent QB like dak. Dak is exactly that, an overpaid decent player , not elite by any stretch.

I try to remind myself that we're on a Cowboy forum so this is where the super homer is going to be to defend that horrible deal.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
i agree on overpaid semi busts like zeke and smith and Dlaw.
But you ignore the sheer numbers the dak contract entails. The first year savings you mention do not take away the massive costs in year 2-4 . No decent star or elite player will sign for just this upcoming season . everyone wants the 3-5 year guaranteed conrtacts. so let us get real . Dak's deal limits the options in so many way . Big blamew of course is on the FO for the old legacy of bad expensive contracts you mentioned earlier.
deals are meant to be redone, which is exactly what will happen. plus the push for getting done sooner than later and pushing money to the future is because the salary cap is expected to jump by 20 to 25% by 2023 with the TV new deals... that's why Goff, Wilson, Wentz, etc. all wanted to get their first deals done and become FA before the cap goes up, when salaries are expected to jump.... so the issue with Dak won't be an issue in two years given the jump in salary cap.

and the stars don't hit FA...teams will resign, tag their premier players. the old, injured, head cases hit the market. if you have a team in place and need a missing piece, then you can rent one for a year or two, fill the gap and move on....any FA, and I mean any FA that hits the market is going to get over paid....so if there are any FAs worth their dollar that happen to hit the market, then they will be a bidding war and they will be over priced. so this signing a bunch of FAs to build a defense is impossible. given there is no real player available. and there isn't anyone that would greatly impact the defense (ala Donald or somebody at that level). and you would need a few to build the defense.....and then you end up over paying for a bunch of FAs anyway and skim on QB.......makes no sense....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

yeah, tell me what the 22M cap hit did to the team....given you were advocating for a 3oM contract...you still haven't given us the list of defensive FAs you wanted to sign and tell us how that would make the team into a winner with Dalton at 10M. all you have done is complain about Dak with zero alternative better plans...

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
$100 dollars bet with anyone...

I bet $100 dollars Justin Fields WILL NOT put up equal to or better numbers than what Dak put up his rookie 2016 season.

Any takers?

:popcorn: