Dak vs Rodgers Game Winning Drives

Flamma

Reaction score
So try using your brain and think about what that actually might mean about game winning drives.
Also try looking up what a game winning drive is, you and the majority of the Dak slobberers on this board don’t seem to understand what they are.

I have for the most part stopped responding to these comparisons. People finding statistics to make up for what they don't see on the field.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I wake up this morning and read a ridiculous homer post comparing Dak to future hall of famer Rogers...

Just another day on the forums...
I don't think Dak can be compared to AR today but we will see what happens in 14 years. Would have been nice if Dak had to wait behind another qb while he learned but that is not the case.

Not sure about ridiculous but I do like the homerism. Makes for some good conversations. It's the offseason folks. Light em up!! The boards that is.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
at the current pace through his first three seasons, Dak Prescott is poised to pass Aaron Rodgers in career game winning drives at some point during next season(his fourth). Rodgers has been in the league since 2005.
OMG, now we are comparing Das and another meaningless stat with a HOF QB and three time MVP....when will it stop..

and its funny, they compare the comebacks to this elite QB, the percentage to another elite and the QBR in the second half of the year to this year to other elites and his rookie record (yeah all by himself) to couple of others...like selective comparison

let me ask you this, why does Dak Suck in the first 3 quarters only to have us make a come back in the 4th, why doesn't he just lead the team and keep the lead...... so does this mean that he leads the league in blowing leads and opportunities in the league in the past three years?

75boyz

Reaction score
Tbh, I don't even understand the game winning drives stat and I'm a Dak "lover". It means that the offense fell flat prior to the game winning drive, which isn't good, but nonetheless I'm thankful for the game-winning drives he does have. There are 4 Quarters for a reason.

That being said, I think the only reason he has so many is because he listens/has confidence in himself, trusts his arm, and stops listening to Linehan and Garrett. He also stops being overly cautious and becomes aggressive. This is what we need from him all game. That's why I want a new HC because anyone and everyone can tell that Dak plays his best when Dak has control. I want a new HC to encourage this behavior and thinking. A lot of people say he isn't accurate, but in the 4th Q, when all he's doing is slinging it, he does pretty well. That's why I want more pass plays next season as well. Post Amari Trade, Dak got better (slightly) passing wise and I hope Moore capitalizes on this and I hope he will trust Dak's arm. When the coaches believe in you, you believe in yourself. With Linehan and Garrett, that wasn't the case.

Whether I'm highjacking this thread or not, I just wanted to give you props on how you stated your case here. How you presented your pro Dak stance here was done very accurately to me as a non Dak guy.
Idgit and I had some good interactions on how opinions could be different but still be civilized towards the differing comments especially on how they were stated.
I agree with a lot of your post, but in my own opinion I just still think his arm limits (consistent accuracy)field vision and pocket awareness will never improve to the point of consistent contending championship caliber quarterback play in general. He requires absolutely too much to be perfect in order to be functional.

But I can definitely see your angle of new approach, ie coaching, etc as a means to inspire optimism.

My view is that it may possibly improve slightly, but not to the point of consistent playoff/Super Bowl caliber level success, which is what I expect from that position of the Dallas Cowboys.

Good post man.

75boyz

Reaction score
When I had more free time to visit other boards, I used to see things like "Someone on Cowboys Zone Posted this" and people laughing about it. But back then, it just seemed like some of their more trollish members making fun of us. :) These days, I would feel a lot more embarrassed at some of the things I see. I mean when someone makes the claim that not many people can pass deep better than him, is it worth even arguing at that point, or better just to shake your head and walk away?

As a non Dak guy, I tried my best version of political correctness in a response to AmariChill's post. BUT I believe his individual post or more specifically, how he stated it, was an actual exception to the norm of the pro Dak crowd. Overall, I am better off just walking away as my standard responses would normally be interpreted as possibly personal, malicious or both.