Dak vs Rodgers Game Winning Drives

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So try using your brain and think about what that actually might mean about game winning drives.
Also try looking up what a game winning drive is, you and the majority of the Dak slobberers on this board don’t seem to understand what they are.
So speaks one of the many who bring up "game winning drives" when defending Romo over the years.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Tbh, I don't even understand the game winning drives stat and I'm a Dak "lover". It means that the offense fell flat prior to the game winning drive, which isn't good, but nonetheless I'm thankful for the game-winning drives he does have. There are 4 Quarters for a reason.

That being said, I think the only reason he has so many is because he listens/has confidence in himself, trusts his arm, and stops listening to Linehan and Garrett. He also stops being overly cautious and becomes aggressive. This is what we need from him all game. That's why I want a new HC because anyone and everyone can tell that Dak plays his best when Dak has control. I want a new HC to encourage this behavior and thinking. A lot of people say he isn't accurate, but in the 4th Q, when all he's doing is slinging it, he does pretty well. That's why I want more pass plays next season as well. Post Amari Trade, Dak got better (slightly) passing wise and I hope Moore capitalizes on this and I hope he will trust Dak's arm. When the coaches believe in you, you believe in yourself. With Linehan and Garrett, that wasn't the case.
Or it could mean the defense didn't show up, thus causing a shootout.

Or it could mean the game has been a low scoring game between both teams, thus the game coming down to a last possession for a 6 points or less trailing Cowboys team.

Or several other reasons...

Sage3030

Reaction score
Could that possibly have anything to do with Rodgers jumping on opponents early and not having to come from behind because he take scare of business early on.

That’s why he doesn’t have nearly as many opportunities as Tom Brady(been in the situation at least 100 times, and he rocks it, so I guess Brady isn’t as good as one would think then because he has to make all those 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives), but it doesn’t account for what he does with those opportunities. Aaron has had over 40 opportunities in this situation.

When given the opportunity to excel in that situation.... Aaron doesn’t. In fact hes about as good as Tim Couch at it.

This whole thing is about who is more clutch.

While not directed at you, I am concerned about our fan base when one of our arguably greatest QB’s to wear the Star was nicknamed “Captain Comeback”. I guess his teams were mediocre and he mostly sucked to put us in that position. Smh

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Comparing Dak to Rodgers is an insult to Rodgers. You take both QBs and give them a 3rd and 8.My guess is Dak is like 1-10 where Rodgers would convert maybe 5-10. I wonder what Daks 3rd down completion rate is when its 3rd and 8 and how it compares to other QBs including Rodgers.
Conversion rate. Completion rate is easy if you check down.

Hadenough

Reaction score
2018:
Dak was 19/75, 25.3%, 21st in the NFL
Rodgers was 16/66, 24.2%, 25th in the NFL
Interesting! In all fairness Rodgers was injured all season and had a bad year. But that aside. Being ranked 21st in the league for Dak and and 25 th for Rodgers is pretty bad.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I think we need a universal definition for "clutch".

To me, it means someone who doesn't get rattled and does all he can do for his part, to win a game. It means you can count on him to lead the team to victory, and you never feel like you're going to lose a game before it even starts.

It doesn't mean falling behind in the first half because he doesn't turn it on until the second half.
Exactly! Clutch could also mean driving your team for a passing TD and not just moving them 35 yds to kick a game winning FG.

Insomniac

Reaction score
I may have been ambiguous but aside from the dross that they face in their division I feel that a lot of their games have been close in recent years.
Everyone knows how tight Bill plays it in Superbowls, basically knowing that is team will make fewer mistakes than the opposition.

Why do you "feel" that the Patriots played a lot games have been close in recent years? They've played the fewest games with margins of 8 points or less (1 score) since 2014.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Can you imagine what the non Dallas fans think when they read that garbage..lol

When I had more free time to visit other boards, I used to see things like "Someone on Cowboys Zone Posted this" and people laughing about it. But back then, it just seemed like some of their more trollish members making fun of us. :) These days, I would feel a lot more embarrassed at some of the things I see. I mean when someone makes the claim that not many people can pass deep better than him, is it worth even arguing at that point, or better just to shake your head and walk away?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I wouldn't say he was clutch, but I will say he was possibly the best performer on the team in that particular game.

I would give that to gallup perhaps. I'd give Dak credit for those last 6 minutes of the game, if he had won. Heck I would've called that a clutch performance. But the way things are, you don't get credit for almost comebacks, and almost doing so does not excuse the 54 minutes before.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I would give that to gallup perhaps. I'd give Dak credit for those last 6 minutes of the game, if he had won. Heck I would've called that a clutch performance. But the way things are, you don't get credit for almost comebacks, and almost doing so does not excuse the 54 minutes before.
I agree with your thinking, but Dak actually played pretty well throughout the game. His receivers let him down and killed drives. That's not to say I usually feel like Dak's the best player on the team, but I think he was right up there in that one.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Interesting! In all fairness Rodgers was injured all season and had a bad year. But that aside. Being ranked 21st in the league for Dak and and 25 th for Rodgers is pretty bad.
Yup. And that jibes with the eye test during games. We were dreadful on third and long.