Twitter: Dak vs top-10 defenses

Brax

Reaction score
So that 13-3 record is 13 wins because Dak was a bus driver? But the 8-8 is because he had control?

Or could it be teams caught on to what the coaching was doing and yr by yr it got worse beause teams already knew what they were going to try and do?
It is your perspective, 13-3 was alot more about running and controlling the clock, that is why Zeke got the $$$ (not the best move by Dallas).The last 3 years are more realistic of what Dak brings to the table. Teams figured out they need to put the game on Dak. Last year was not some elite year by Dak as some like to project but a year he constantly failed to deliver. As for coaching it remains to be seen if McCarthy is a upgrade (and I for one was over joyed at the JG firing) because what is said about his coaching ability is pretty bad and eerily similar to Garrett's.. Time will tell, Dak will most likely be in Dallas at least 4 more years unfortunately . Dak as a bus driver at a bus drivers price is OK anything else is just plain bad for the DC. Stay safe should be a fun season to watch play out as there are no more Dak excuses left..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Your right to an extent. But when your supposed to have the #1 offense in the league you would think that Dak would be able to win a couple of those games. Wentz apparently was able to get some Ws .
so why is that on Dak? and not coaching. our offense scored more....our defense gave up less, but we lost more...is that on Dak? or is that on coaching? every dak detractor wants to toally ignore the garrett/moore factor......that is one of the most critical parts of this....the incompetence of coaching cost us at 2, if not 4 games last year.....if your job is to lead the offense...then he did his job. to the #1 offense in the league. number 6 scoring in the lead. what else can you ask for? no dak detractor can explain that....they just go ah, oh, hhmmm, ah, ha...oh, yeah....8-8......

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
They also use the 13-3 record when he was the bus driver and Zeke was the driving force of the O , take away the outlier year and Dak wins is average at best. So lovers always use the w-l record except 8-8 that’s a team record,.
one could also argue, the 8-8 is the outlier...no?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This is becoming a trend with Mr Prescott! As far as Wentz goes, even though Im no eagle fan he is the better QB. But we have these idiots who want Dak to be a paid like he is a top QB.
I really like Wentz too, watching from the sideline regularly...that's awesome use of cap money to have your starting QB hold a clip board.

so how is wentz better exactly? wins..., win percentage? passing stats? and he has had just as strong a supporting cast, if not better..... and probably a better head coach...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How could you say this when Dak couldnt do anything against the Bills, Bears, Packers for 3 quarters of football. You could throw in the Jets game too. Yeah he was missing some players but Wentz proved he could win missing players. The thing about those stats your talking about is they dont take into account that Dak had 100 yds passing through 3 quarters off football and was down by 3-4 scores and the other team was playing more back ups to give the starters rest. This why you have to watch these games and see what the true story is. I do agree that Wentz hit some lows that Dak didnt but Wentz had more highs. Wentz beat the Bills, Jets, Packers , Bears. All teams that Dak really struggled with.
what missing players did wentz have? he has had just as strong, if not stronger supporting cast than Dak….

and which games did he have 100 yards passing and the back up were playing and we were down by 3-4 scores.....

and is 2019 the only year under consideration for any comparison? none of the other years count?

and what about the garrett factor? you were one of the loudest garrett haters around here...yet not a peep lately...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It is your perspective, 13-3 was alot more about running and controlling the clock, that is why Zeke got the $$$ (not the best move by Dallas).The last 3 years are more realistic of what Dak brings to the table. Teams figured out they need to put the game on Dak. Last year was not some elite year by Dak as some like to project but a year he constantly failed to deliver. As for coaching it remains to be seen if McCarthy is a upgrade (and I for one was over joyed at the JG firing) because what is said about his coaching ability is pretty bad and eerily similar to Garrett's.. Time will tell, Dak will most likely be in Dallas at least 4 more years unfortunately . Dak as a bus driver at a bus drivers price is OK anything else is just plain bad for the DC. Stay safe should be a fun season to watch play out as there are no more Dak excuses left..
how did he fail to deliver in 2019? he led the #1 offense. #2 passing. and #6 scoring offense.....what else is expected?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No cant argue that, 10-6 , 9-7 so 8-8 are very close, pretty simple. If it was 3-13 I would say throw that away also
no, statiscally speaking, the 10-6, 13-3 are more normal years...9-7, with two injured OL, witten, dez (yuck) and zeke out....still end up 9-7...that for some QBs would be considered great accomplishment...and in fact a lot of dak detractors have applauded such seasons for some QBs...

8-8 is a none winning season. compared to other 3, its an outlier....

Swagger

Reaction score
how did he fail to deliver in 2019? he led the #1 offense. #2 passing. and #6 scoring offense.....what else is expected?

Well to win the big games or just a big game. Zero comeback wins when training by 10 points and failed to perform to a competent level in week 16 versus the Eagles' 2nd/3rd stringers.

Those stats you mention don't really carry much weight when you scratch the surface.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Well to win the big games or just a big game. Zero comeback wins when training by 10 points and failed to perform to a competent level in week 16 versus the Eagles' 2nd/3rd stringers.

Those stats you mention don't really carry much weight when you scratch the surface.
again, that's 2019. its well chronicled that he had the highest number of come back wins since 2016. but hey, that dismisses your agenda driven assumptions and lets not count those.....

and I found it funny, now you are putting a qualifier on #of points for comeback wins..I like to see that same measure applied to all othe QBs instead of measuring Dak in a vaccum...so how many 10 point comeback wins for Wentz? Brady? Brees? Rogers? Wilson?

and what about coaching. you know this wasn't the first or second time that Garrett went into the last game of the season having a chance for the division and playoffs and couldn't pull it off. there is a lot of history there....but hey, that dismisses your agenda driven assumptions and let not count those

and week 16 game was a bad game for him, and the team...you can not absolutely can not dismiss the awful coaching, play calling in that game and it wasn't against 2nd and 3rd stringers.....we had 2nd and 3rd stringers....unbelievable how people make up cr@p to just win a meaningless argument..

so in your expert opinion, one game, out of 64, this one game, defines that he is not a good QB, every other factor be damned....

Swagger

Reaction score
again, that's 2019. its well chronicled that he had the highest number of come back wins since 2016. but hey, that dismisses your agenda driven assumptions and lets not count those.....

and I found it funny, now you are putting a qualifier on #of points for comeback wins..I like to see that same measure applied to all othe QBs instead of measuring Dak in a vaccum...so how many 10 point comeback wins for Wentz? Brady? Brees? Rogers? Wilson?

and what about coaching. you know this wasn't the first or second time that Garrett went into the last game of the season having a chance for the division and playoffs and couldn't pull it off. there is a lot of history there....but hey, that dismisses your agenda driven assumptions and let not count those

and week 16 game was a bad game for him, and the team...you can not absolutely can not dismiss the awful coaching, play calling in that game and it wasn't against 2nd and 3rd stringers.....we had 2nd and 3rd stringers....unbelievable how people make up cr@p to just win a meaningless argument..

so in your expert opinion, one game, out of 64, this one game, defines that he is not a good QB, every other factor be damned....

My response was referring to the stats you mentioned which only related to last season.

From the top of my head I remember Rodgers making at least one if not two big comeback wins last season versus the Lions. Wentz carried the Eagles down the stretch without a recognised wide receiver and missing their lead back in Howard who had been more productive than Sanders. Brees and Wilson didn't have to really comeback as they played so well in the first three quarters of games helping their teams to impressive winning records over the season.

I don't really understand your point that the Cowboys not the Eagles played with 2nd/3rd stringers? Perhaps you are thinking of a different game. Cooper, Cobb, Gallop, Witten/Jarwin and Zeke all played around Prescott. From memory Ertz barely played due to an injury, Howard was out and the wide receivers were all back ups around Wentz.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
My response was referring to the stats you mentioned which only related to last season.

From the top of my head I remember Rodgers making at least one if not two big comeback wins last season versus the Lions. Wentz carried the Eagles down the stretch without a recognised wide receiver and missing their lead back in Howard who had been more productive than Sanders.

I don't really understand your point that the Cowboys not the Eagles played with 2nd/3rd stringers? Perhaps you are thinking of a different game. Cooper, Cobb, Gallop, Witten/Jarwin and Zeke all played around Prescott. From memory Ertz barely played due to an injury, Howard was out and the wide receivers were all back ups.
who on the eagles were 2nd and 3RD stringer that played?

and they had come back wins, how many of them had come back from 10 points down and win....I mean we are getting into some weird territory with all you dak detractors.....somebody mentioned 3rd quarter of jets game as a measure...you are now saying must have 10 point come backs to be considered a good QB and

eagles are playing their 2nd and 3rd stringer, while we are marching in with top level first stringers.

and you keep ignoring the coaching factor.....what about coaching?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
You posted all the time about the coaching being the reason why dallas was losing close game with stupid decisions. But ignore that when you bring up a twitter post about Dak in close games. Typical.
They ALL sucked in close games

Dak AND the Coaching

Bennie

Reaction score
sorry Pappy I stopped caring what you had to say a long time ago. You’re completely incapable of having an honest and reasoned discussion about Dak.
Same can be said about all you Dak Fan club boys.. At least Pappy has eyes and can see what a crap QB we have atm. You Fanboys are all enthralled and don't have the ability to see it.