Dak vs. Wentz

Nav22

Reaction score
Wentz is better at needing excuses for why he underperforms and comes up short. This ginger dork is 7-9 since last season. His BACKUP went 4-1 with a playoff win last season.

Wentz also went 7-9 as a rookie. So 2017 is the only year in Wentz’s career that he wasn’t an overrated loser, and that year ended with a huge injury.

Dak is better at football.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The longer Dak and Wentz’ careers “season and marinate” the more Dak looks like a better player than Wentz.

It looks like the Eagles may have kept the wrongful QB as well.

To be fair, Dak's play was pretty bad last year before we got Cooper. The fact that both Jeffrey and Jackson are injured should probably be factored into Wentz having 61.3 and 94.6 ratings the last two weeks after a 121 the first week, when Jackson and Jeffrey were healthy.

This is another one of those threads when too much of the blame is placed on the quarterback. Usually, we save that kind of thing for our own, though.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The Eagles have lost, but it is not because of Wentz. Vs ATL his offensive line tried their best to get him killed, vs DET his backup receivers literally dropped 6 passes. Ginger boy's not the problem.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The longer Dak and Wentz’ careers “season and marinate” the more Dak looks like a better player than Wentz.

Wouldnt be shocked if Foles rotates back the Philadelphia at some point in Minshew proves to be legit

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wentz is a good QB. His only issue, is whether or not, he remains healthy.
He has struggled in clutch situations since last year. Right now I think thats his real killer in terms of being considered a top QB. Last season the stats were par with his MVP caliber season, but he couldnt win

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The Eagles have lost, but it is not because of Wentz. Vs ATL his offensive line tried their best to get him killed, vs DET his backup receivers literally dropped 6 passes. Ginger boy's not the problem.

Fortunately, we do appear to have one of those of our own. The story on both these guys, how their careers are going to turn out, are still being written so I don't get into the whole "Dak v. Wentz," "Zeke vs. Saquon" thing that seems to feed some's fire. However, I have a compulsion to correct when someone is being judged unfairly.

I do admit to being too harsh on Dak last year around this time, though, not realizing how bad our receiver corps was until seeing how things changed when we got Cooper. (I also think the change in offensive line coach had a bigger impact than many of us realize.)

DFWJC

Reaction score

I always stay out of this debate.

Dak is playing great. Thrilled with his growth and play.

To be fair, I suspect if you drop Wentz into this group--Zeke, Cooper, Gallup, Cobb, the O-line…..he would do very well too.

Ken

Reaction score
He has struggled in clutch situations since last year. Right now I think thats his real killer in terms of being considered a top QB. Last season the stats were par with his MVP caliber season, but he couldnt win
Because his "MVP" caliber season wasn't very good. 62 completion percentage is not MVP.

Ken

Reaction score
I always stay out of this debate.

Dak is playing great. Thrilled with his growth and play.

I suspect, if you drop Wentz into this group--Zeke, Cooper, Gallup, Cobb, the O-line…..he would do very well too.
But everyone said that the Eagles had better weapons, a better Oline and an elite QB?

Can't take all of that back now...

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
No matter what anyone says the gap isn't as big as some try to make it out to be. As some will say that Wentz is way better than Dak and that it is not even close. Some say that Wentz had more natural talent at the QB position. But, it takes more than arm talent to be a long termed franchise QB in the NFL. That can consistently lead a team to the playoffs.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
In what, year 4 or 5 Wentz is still hyped because of his draft position and potential instead of actual production on the field. Dak is clutch and loves the pressure of those types of situation.......Wentz is just the opposite.....with the game on the line I'll take Dak over Wentz Everytime.

shabazz

Reaction score
"If your happy with yo Quarterback, you get to keep yo Quarterback"