Dak vs. Wentz

DFWJC

Reaction score
What about Nick Foles last year? Took the same team that was done to the playoffs and damn near got back to the NFC Championship game.
Same team? No, not the same team.

Anyway, I'm not here to prop up Wentz.
Never have been. I think that happens too much already.

I was just stating the obvious about our lineup being better than theirs...imo. They're missing Alshon Jeffries, Desean Jackson, and several others right now.

And I do think there is a bit of leadership void at QB in Philly compared to Dallas.

aikemirv

Reaction score
As a Wentz homer myself... Dak is just outplaying him by a lot right now.

I still think Wentz is miles more talented then Dak but Dak is getting results and Wentz isn't.

Hopefully that continues and they take an L to Green Bay this week.

Well, we can see by the first half play what happens if you are too aggressive. One of Daks biggest strengths is his decision making. He made bad choices in the first half (his quotes mind you) and it resulted in a poor half for him. He made better decisions in the 2nd and we end up scoring easily.

I don't watch much of other teams, just whats on my locals as I don't have Sunday ticket so I don't get to see Wentz play but his talent may not be enough to overcome him not taking what the defense gives him. And nobody's talent can overcome drops by the receiver!

Nav22

Reaction score
This “Wentz is a more talented passer” nonsense needs to stop.

Check their completion percentages, yards/attempt and WATCH THE GAMES.

Wentz sprays the ball all over the field. Passes sail on him a half dozen times per game. Dak has been the more accurate passer this year and it hasn’t been close.

Accuracy is what matters, not the ability to launch it 70 yards rather than 60 yards.

tico

Reaction score
"Eagles with Wentz will be NFC East champs", at The beginning of the season all I heard is this;

Better arm and accuracy
The real best Oline in the NFL
Better tight end
Better recieving group,
Howard & Sproles production = Zeke
And better Coach (I agree)

So no excuses Pigeons, Dak has evolved not necessarily better just evolved his mechanics and play.. I'm happy with that alone....

#cryeaglescry

BigD_95

Reaction score
The Eagles have lost, but it is not because of Wentz. Vs ATL his offensive line tried their best to get him killed, vs DET his backup receivers literally dropped 6 passes. Ginger boy's not the problem.

You should work on TV since they like these excuses for the Eagles also. I wish Cowboys would get those excuses when they lose.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
One type of QB can have a 28 point lead in a Super Bowl and lose it. Matt Ryan and Wentz are those types of players. Dak looks moreso like the guy who brings it in the 4th.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
His play before Cooper was not “pretty bad”
It was mediocre, above average, with some mistakes.

What do you consider above average? Through the first five games, he had 5 TD passes, 4 ints., 2 fumbles (with 1 lost) and no rushing TDs. He was barely completing over 60 percent of his passes (61.8). I'm not good at calculating QB rating, but it probably was in the 70s or 80s overall for those weeks. We lost three of those games.

His overall completion percentage improved some over the next three games as did his TD to int (5-1) and he rushed for two TDs, but he also had five fumbles during that time, losing three of them. We lost two of those games. (Cooper played in the last one, the loss to Tennessee.)

Overall in the seven games before Cooper, he had 8 TD passes to 4 ints., 6 fumbles with 3 lost, 2 rushing TDs and a completion percentage in the low 60s. In four of the games, he had fewer than 200 yards passing.

Nav22

Reaction score
Same team? No, not the same team.

Anyway, I'm not here to prop up Wentz.
Never have been. I think that happens too much already.

I was just stating the obvious about our lineup being better than theirs...imo. They're missing Alshon Jeffries, Desean Jackson, and several others right now.

And I do think there is a bit of leadership void at QB in Philly compared to Dallas.
You’re right, it wasn’t the same team, because their teammates reacted differently to each of the 2 QBs.

Foles was a leader whose teammates all respected him.

Wentz? Well...

https://www.phillyvoice.com/carson-...agles-quarterback-as-selfish-not-team-player/

Sources describing him as “selfish,” “uncompromising,” “egotistical,” one who plays “favorites” and doesn’t like to be “questioned,” one who needs to “practice what he preaches" and fails “to take accountability.”

Numerous sources confirmed Wentz was once verbally attacked by a highly respected teammate for not being “a team guy.”

Batman1980

Reaction score
Wentz's inability to really involve anyone who isn't Zack Ertz is the biggest problem with their offense.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Posts like these never age well, especially when it dawns on clueless Dak slobberers that Wentz will also get to play the Giants and Dolphins.

Nav22

Reaction score
Posts like these never age well, especially when it dawns on clueless Dak slobberers that Wentz will also get to play the Giants and Dolphins.
I look forward to your garbage excuses when Dak keeps outplaying that ginger dork, like he has since 2016.

LOL at you talking about the schedules.

The mighty Falcons, who are 0-2 when NOT facing Philly this year, were too much for Wentz to handle, remember? 2 horrific INTs and an L.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The longer Dak and Wentz’ careers “season and marinate” the more Dak looks like a better player than Wentz.

It looks like the Eagles may have kept the wrongful QB as well.

I think if Wentz were on the Cowboys, the Cowboys wouldn't miss a beat.
Not taking away anything from Dak, but we saw what he looked like when the offensive line wasn't at its peak strength and what he looks like now.
Furthermore, Dak has better weapons, a better running back, better receivers and a better offensive line.

Where Dak excels above Wentz is his running ability and his durability. But, again, with the time Dak is getting in the pocket, what quarterback couldn't do as well?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
To be fair, Dak's play was pretty bad last year before we got Cooper. The fact that both Jeffrey and Jackson are injured should probably be factored into Wentz having 61.3 and 94.6 ratings the last two weeks after a 121 the first week, when Jackson and Jeffrey were healthy.

This is another one of those threads when too much of the blame is placed on the quarterback. Usually, we save that kind of thing for our own, though.
:clap:

windjc

Reaction score
Wentz had been a failure so far in his career. He watched his back up out perform him twice. He has abysmal 4th quarter last 2 minute drive statistics, EVEN with a superbowl WINNING team.

Wentz will most likely continue to be average and overrated by people that want someone who can sling it all over the field. That's ok. I think the future is currently brighter for the Giants than the Eagles.