Dak vs. Wentz

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
The Eagles have lost, but it is not because of Wentz. Vs ATL his offensive line tried their best to get him killed, vs DET his backup receivers literally dropped 6 passes. Ginger boy's not the problem.

I’m not buying that narrative. PFF ranked the Eagles’ offensive line as the second best in the league this week (the Cowboys are first).

Wentz just holds the ball too long. Those hits he is taking are on him.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We were told by analyst, and some Dallas fans agreed, that Philly had better weapons than Dallas, and better offensive/defensive lines. Now that those weapons are broke with sub par play from their lines, the narrative has changed.

If Wentz had Dallas weapons... I never said that... Wait until Dallas plays a real team... Blah, Blah, Blah

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wentz threw a perfect ball to win the game, and the receiver just dropped it.

There were 7 of the ugliest drops you'll ever see in that game. At important moments, too.

But he is a better weapon.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
im not going to read all these posts but lime many ridiculous threads that spiral out of control with speculation and stats to fit narratives..

theres no issue with wentz other then hes missing his top two WRs and his left tackle and backup linemen, the coaches arent using the run game well, and his backup wrs are dropping passes..

Lets take away Gallup, Cooper, Tsmith and lets just use Cwill for arguments sake even though most here dont value him, have the backups drop daks passes and the coaches go pass happy and dont use zeke..

Im betting wed be 1-2 or 0-3 and all the talk about Daks average all come back..it happened when zeke was suspended Tsmith out Chaz playing bad , happened when we were 3-5 last year..it HAPPENS

put Wentz on this team we are 3-0 and hes having agreat year..

is wentz better then dak or dak better then Wentz, thats subjective...they are both young QBs that are both really good..

situations eb and flow and dak had his share and now wentz is going through it..

ive said this many times IMO Goff Wentz and Dak all seem to be in a debate for life now, I say its coin flip.. given the same situations im betting they all have similar results..

Wentzs' number are not bad, his team around him are playing poorly. that can change quickly like it did for us last year..

and NO I dot think theres conspiracy with teammates not blocking or performing for Wentz, very stupid to think so..

My question is, why would placing Wentz on the Cowboys prove anything? Philly is supposed to be better. Would you swap Wentz and Brady out to make the same point?

DCowboyz

Reaction score
The Eagles have lost, but it is not because of Wentz. Vs ATL his offensive line tried their best to get him killed, vs DET his backup receivers literally dropped 6 passes. Ginger boy's not the problem.

Excuses. He's supposed to have one of the best OL's and receiving core. He is the problem.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Yet Wentz gets well his receivers dropped it excuse. Dak has the most and he just wills his team to the win.

Respectfully, I don't know that there is enough context here to determine the validity of your statement. I mean, drops are drops, not arguing that point but, we don't know the situation in which these drops have occurred.

What I mean by this is, there is a difference between a drop in the first quarter for a 10 yard game and one in the last two minutes for a TD that would win the game for you. I don't really see this as an excuse. I see it more as a lack of context. Without understanding the impact of the drops, it's hard to determine the impact of said drops.

Fact is, if those receivers make the catches and the Eagles win those games, we are probably not having this conversation nationally. The media is still talking up Wentz and the Cowboys and Dak are second banana. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that would be right because the truth is that even if the Eagles are able to make those catches and win, they would have won three touch and go games, where as, the Cowboys have dominated every contest they have been in, to this point. Of course, the quality of the competition also comes into play. To date, the Eagles have played a better schedule (Atlanta, Detroit, Washington), but honestly, not all that much better. Only Detroit has a winning record. Atlanta is 1-2 and Washingtion (in our own division and a common opponent) is 0-3. We have played three opponents with a combined record of 1-8. So all in all, I don't see Philly as a much better team but I have watched Wentz play a little bit and I don't feel like Wentz is the reason Philly is losing games.

That's just my opinion.

DFWJC

Reaction score
He's apparently pretty arrogant and keeps to himself.

Dak goes to western stores with his punter, ego buys Dak his first pair of Cowboy boots.

I love that about Dak. He's everybody's teammate, not just the stars.
I think shy is being misinterpreted for arrogant in his case.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
The longer Dak and Wentz’ careers “season and marinate” the more Dak looks like a better player than Wentz.

It looks like the Eagles may have kept the wrongful QB as well.
The wrongful QB? *** does that even mean?

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Why is Dak out performing Wentz? I really wanna know why a “conditional” 4th rounder is better overall than the #2 overall pick in 2016?

I hear the usual suspects that will not buy in due to the fact they pigeon-holed themselves into a pathetic narrative. So now it’s either a running joke to save face, or the fact they truly hope they are proven right by Dak having bad games.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Excuses. He's supposed to have one of the best OL's and receiving core. He is the problem.

He's down to his 3rd string LT and has been missing his top 2 WRs. What would you say if Mitch Hyatt was starting for the Cowboys and Randall Cobb was Dak's #1 receiver?

erod

Reaction score
I think shy is being misinterpreted for arrogant in his case.
Could be.

People initially think that of me in my company, but they soon realize that I just get really focused on something on my mind and ignore what's around me. It's not intentional.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Could be.

People initially think that of me in my company, but they soon realize that I just get really focused on something on my mind and ignore what's around me. It's not intentional.
Comes in handy on this board too
:muttley: