Dak vs Winston

black label

Reaction score
put the baby dak on the Bengals team and the loser isn't even going to see the playoffs. he has to have perfect protection to almost come out of shell shock to see the field. I guess you have never read his scouting report which rings true today as it did yesterday. Slow on reads progression, needs to get faster. well, that hasn't happened. I'll post it later if you want to see it. like i said it's true today like it was yesterday.
giphy.gif

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
put the baby dak on the Bengals team and the loser isn't even going to see the playoffs. he has to have perfect protection to almost come out of shell shock to see the field. I guess you have never read his scouting report which rings true today as it did yesterday. Slow on reads progression, needs to get faster. well, that hasn't happened. I'll post it later if you want to see it. like i said it's true today like it was yesterday.
exactly. he is not as talented as Burrows, the #1 over all pick. your point?

please look in your drawer, see if you can find that #1 over all pick card and send it to Jerry, but maybe wait until next year because this year's crop is not so good. thanks. appreciate it in advance

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think that Winston isn't quite the QB that Dak has been in comparing the two of them.

Whether it's worth the difference paying Dak, in comparison to him is surely debatable.

erod

Reaction score
what players has he cost us?

His salary cap hit is about to skyrocket. That's dissuading free agent signings, and it made decisions like Cooper and Collins necessary.

Mahomes' contract cost the Chiefs Tyreek Hill.

Rodgers' contract cost the Packers Davante Adams.

Unless you want to give away your next 5 drafts and be willing to be awful like the Rams will be, you have to counter big QB contracts with lesser rosters.

shabazz

Reaction score
His salary cap hit is about to skyrocket. That's dissuading free agent signings, and it made decisions like Cooper and Collins necessary.

Unless you want to give away your next 5 drafts and be willing to be awful like the Rams will be, you have to counter big QB contracts with lesser rosters.

Exactly. Some here don’t plan financially beyond their next paycheck and it shows.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

hog wash...his cap hit was 17M last year and 19.7 this year, so where is this 40M cap hit I kept hearing about for couple of years now.

we have 28M in cap space. so we could have kept cooper and if we wanted to really, restructure and get 15M in cap space from his contract ala Browns, so it wasn't a cap issue that cooper was let go.

Collins at 10M? or Steele at Rookie deal? perhaps collins didn't want to play LG and we deciced to move on. perhaps that was a good move, except for the way Jerry handled it. Announcing they want to cut collins, then losing all negotiation leverage in the process. no one claims Jerry as a genuis GM.

I had this same discussion with another poster. Chiefs have 23M in cap space. and they offered hill 120M contract. so you want to tell me if they wanted to go up by 20M over 4 years they couldn't? they could have structured it such that it would be the same cap hit this year as their 120M deal. its done all the time. but every team has a line they are not willing to cross with some of their players and positions. they didn't lose Hill because of Mahomes contract, in fact they could have resturured Mahomes and reduced his cap hit given he has a 10 year contract and its much more easily done. they just weren't willing to go that high and perhaps they think Mahomes can over come some of it.....he is Mahomes after all.

and you are 100% wrong on Rodgers contract costing them adams. in fact it was reported they made Adams the same contract offer and Adams didn't want it and wanted to move on (reported by ESPN and SI).... so if they couldn't afford him, why make an offer.

so we have 28M. who do you think we should sign and we are not? for example we have enough cap space to sign Wagner. why aren't we signing him....look no further than the Jones boys....the two imbecile at hte helm.