Dak vs Winston

erod

Reaction score
You don’t want to make yourself look even more foolish by listing a bunch of average QBs that are bouncing around the league that you think are better than Dak. In your fantasy league Baker Mayfield, Jared Goff, Mitch Trubisky, Carson Wentz and Marcus Mariota can all play but Dak can’t. LOL
Run along, kid.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Oh I don't want Winston unless Dallas were to make the playoffs again. Dallas should play Dak against the NFC east and bring in a hired gun to give them a better chance against better teams. You have to admit Winston was doing pretty well last year until he got hurt. Beat the Bucs, Pats, Packers, Seahawks. 14 tds and 3 int.

The only reason Winston won some games last season was because the Saints kept his passing attempts down. He was averaging around 26 passing attempts per game. His season high was 35 attempts. You’re not going to get very far with a QB who’s attempting under 30 passes per game. In his seven starts he only had three games where he passed for more than 200 yards. Lol You have to manage his attempts to have any chance with him or he’ll throw INTs. Had he played the entire season he would’ve fallen apart. As a team the Cowboys had trouble against good teams last season and you’re pinning it all on Dak. He’s beaten some very good teams over his career. Anyone acting like he can’t beat good teams is being ridiculous. You’re basing his entire career off of what happened the second half of last season. You don’t like him we get it!

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I’m not anti Dak. I’ve actually been more supportive of him than many. So let’s get that out there first.

I’m not a Jameis Winston fan, but I see that he just signed for two years $28m. ($14 per year)

We are paying Dak roughly three times what Winston makes. If both were equally paid, I would choose Dak over Winston; however, it would not be surprised at all if Winston outperforms Dak over the next two years at about 1/3 of the cost.

You can’t win in this league without a franchise QB, and you would think that there are not many acceptable substitutes for Dak. But Matt Ryan was traded for a third round pick. Wentz is probably also in the “Dak ballpark”

Dak
Wentz
Ryan
Winston

All are “retreads” other than Dak. Would anyone be surprised if any of all of these guys outperformed Dak next year.

This is just food for thought on a rainy day in Oklahoma.
Wentz still? Really? The Dak bashing is ridiculous here.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
At least your finally mentioning Dak with names he should be mentioned with.

It’s fans like you who are mentioning him with castoffs. I’m just bringing up the QBs some of you are comparing him with. You’re admitting you think he’s comparable to those QBs. Would you rather have Jameis Winston, Carson Wentz, Mitch Trubisky, Baker Mayfield, Jared Goff or Marcus Mariota instead of Dak? Do you honestly believe any of those QBs would give the Cowboys a better chance at winning a Super Bowl than Dak?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Run along, kid.

You need to run along because football isn’t for you. You claimed Dak can’t play. :laugh: Go find something to discuss that doesn’t make you look silly.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You're the one person left who thinks Dak can play. Congrats.

I’m starting to believe you’re the only person who actually thinks he can’t play. You’re going way beyond what most of the haters think of his game. QBs that can’t play are battling for a roster spot as a backup or signing on with the XFL or USFL. lol

erod

Reaction score
I’m starting to believe you’re the only person who actually thinks he can’t play. You’re going way beyond what most of the haters think of his game. QBs that can’t play are battling for a roster spot as a backup or signing on with the XFL or USFL. lol
Utter delusion. Typical Cowboys fan. That's why the world makes fun of us, and unfortunately, they're right to do so.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Utter delusion. Typical Cowboys fan. That's why the world makes fun of us, and unfortunately, they're right to do so.

Anyone who would say Dak just can’t play is a typical clueless Cowboys fan.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
put the baby dak on the Bengals team and the loser isn't even going to see the playoffs. he has to have perfect protection to almost come out of shell shock to see the field. I guess you have never read his scouting report which rings true today as it did yesterday. Slow on reads progression, needs to get faster. well, that hasn't happened. I'll post it later if you want to see it. like i said it's true today like it was yesterday.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Dak vs Winston is anti Dak. Jameis Winston has been a turnover machine. His career QB record is 11 games below 500. The Bucs missed the playoffs with him in 2019 and won the Super Bowl the following year with a 43 year old Tom Brady.
Welcome to Daks brain, you just discovered that Daks greatest fear is that he becomes the next Winston.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Dak Prescott comes back from snapping his leg in half, a shoulder strain, & a calf injury behind a janky OL with little run game to lead the No. 1 ranked offense, 12-5 record & breaks the Dallas Cowboys single season passing TD record w/a meddling FO.

This is why I ♡ our quarterback & could care less about all the Nancy's in here who whine the same hate tune day in & day out. Not ONCE, will any of you haters see a female cry over our quarterback as yourselves.

Help yourself....

Cmac

Reaction score
Dak vs Winston is anti Dak. Jameis Winston has been a turnover machine. His career QB record is 11 games below 500. The Bucs missed the playoffs with him in 2019 and won the Super Bowl the following year with a 43 year old Tom Brady.
Wow!!....maybe you'd prefer Cooper Rush leading this team to more mediocrity.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Wow!!....maybe you'd prefer Cooper Rush leading this team to more mediocrity.

I think some of you would prefer Cooper Rush leading this team. We wouldn’t even sniff 12-5 with him and some of the other QBs that are being mentioned.

Cmac

Reaction score
I think some of you would prefer Cooper Rush leading this team. We wouldn’t even sniff 12-5 with him and some of the other QBs that are being mentioned.
I agree with you that OTHERS might want that. Agree we wouldn't sniff 12-5 and some of the other QBs mentioned. This board doesn't want some players to even sniff fair market value at all........watch after Parsons comes off the rookie contract. It's coming, don't worry.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yep not sniffing the playoffs is the same as going home first game.
"if you ain't first, you're last"
no difference in have Rush play as dak, neither ain't winning crap. no differences except rush could find cooper. hum wonder why?