Dak vs Winston

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Are you f in kidding! Atlanta was such a joke he never should of fallen behind. That calf injury didn't bother him against the Giants, Eagles or WFT but then it bothers him against Denver, Cardinals, Raiders, 49ers.
And don't say he did fine in that Raiders game. He did fine for about a quarter and a half. He started the game lousy. What happened in the Denver game? The Cardinal game. And for you information Winston was looking pretty solid with the Saints before he got hurt. He throttled the Packers, Patriots, Seattle and Tampa. A team Dak failed to beat. How about Daks consistent ability to continually go 3 and out when the defense was leaking like a sieve against the Rams in the playoffs. Or his 10 points with a full squad against a Eagles team where Wentz had wrs off the street. Dak is anything but consistent and when it matters. He is a great free stroking front runner against terrible teams like Atlanta and Washington but he folds when the better teams come to town.

I only skimmed over that rant. You’re posting way too much garbage for any knowledgeable fan to take you seriously. I’m still laughing at your comment that if the Cowboys had Jameis Winston at least they would score some points, despite the fact the Cowboys had the highest scoring team in the league last season. Lol That’s proof positive that you’re just a casual armchair Dak hating fan who has no clue what you’re talking about.

blueblood70

Reaction score
SO where has those 10 wins gotten us? Same place as Winstons 8? For an extra 30 mil?

And for the record...I am not saying "Dak sucks". Just trying to piece together some logic here.
horrible debate if you cant answer that then you are out of touch,, 10 wins are a playoff appearances which gives you 8 wins gets you middle of the pack draft picks and no Playoffs..sorry but Dak and romo were better then Winston and top 10 qbs demand that kind of money yes the different in 3-5 more wins year is why they are paid.

JW career 33-44 135 tds 91 INTS so nearly twice as many INTs is what separates a top 10 payer form 16th-20 ranking

dak 53-32 145 tds 50 ints yup those extra 3-5 a year gets you an actual wining record and oh btw more tds half the ints says daks not just better hes on anther level he got paid Winston got cut.

erod

Reaction score
The Rams gave up a lot to get Matt Stafford because of numbers and Cleveland just gave up the farm for Deshaun Watson because of numbers. Baker Mayfield is out of a starting job because he doesn’t put up numbers. Not only does Dak put up numbers but he has a better winning percentage than Stafford and Watson.
None of that is true. You just don't understand the game beyond fantasy football.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
None of that is true. You just don't understand the game beyond fantasy football.

It is true Stafford and Watson put up big numbers for bad teams. Put a better team around them and they can win games. You don’t see productive QBs being kicked to the curb and released. That’s a fact!

Hadenough

Reaction score
I only skimmed over that rant. You’re posting way too much garbage for any knowledgeable fan to take you seriously. I’m still laughing at your comment that if the Cowboys had Jameis Winston at least they would score some points, despite the fact the Cowboys had the highest scoring team in the league last season. Lol That’s proof positive that you’re just a casual armchair Dak hating fan who has no clue what you’re talking about.
Keep hanging your hat on highest scoring team. That really showed against the Cardinals and 49ers. LOL

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
horrible debate if you cant answer that then you are out of touch,, 10 wins are a playoff appearances which gives you 8 wins gets you middle of the pack draft picks and no Playoffs..sorry but Dak and romo were better then Winston and top 10 qbs demand that kind of money yes the different in 3-5 more wins year is why they are paid.

JW career 33-44 135 tds 91 INTS so nearly twice as many INTs is what separates a top 10 payer form 16th-20 ranking

dak 53-32 145 tds 50 ints yup those extra 3-5 a year gets you an actual wining record and oh btw more tds half the ints says daks not just better hes on anther level he got paid Winston got cut.
Talk about not answering the question sheesh!

The answer..the real answer...to MY question is: "Nothing. We have nothing more with Dak than we would have had with Winston".

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
I’m not anti Dak. I’ve actually been more supportive of him than many. So let’s get that out there first.

I’m not a Jameis Winston fan, but I see that he just signed for two years $28m. ($14 per year)

We are paying Dak roughly three times what Winston makes. If both were equally paid, I would choose Dak over Winston; however, it would not be surprised at all if Winston outperforms Dak over the next two years at about 1/3 of the cost.

You can’t win in this league without a franchise QB, and you would think that there are not many acceptable substitutes for Dak. But Matt Ryan was traded for a third round pick. Wentz is probably also in the “Dak ballpark”

Dak
Wentz
Ryan
Winston

All are “retreads” other than Dak. Would anyone be surprised if any of all of these guys outperformed Dak next year.

This is just food for thought on a rainy day in Oklahoma.
I gave you a like simply because it got the Dak-stans spun up.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Talk about not answering the question sheesh!

The answer..the real answer...to MY question is: "Nothing. We have nothing more with Dak than we would have had with Winston".
asked answered and daks better Winston not in the conversation his career is bust maybe he truins it around but he has sb team in TB and got CUT! all it took was Brady who replaced Winston to get them over the top and if dak had that koid of TEAM supprt he too could have been to some of these SNs ie stafford, Garoppolo, even GOFF and brady recently i watched those playoff games qb messed up threw picks had off games defense, a run game ,coaching kept hem in it so then the qb had chance to come back. Its a team game and fans keep making stupid comps trying to downgrade our players especially Dak when so many other issues have created the lack of playoff success for both romo and dak.,

daks is far from it a 4th rounder who has that record..sorry

buh by troll

cd80899111355b435f2e4dd44fe2c7c3.jpeg

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
asked answered and daks better Winston not in the conversation his career is bust maybe he truins it around but he has sb team in TB and got CUT! all it took was Brady who replaced Winston to get them over the top and if dak had that koid of TEAM supprt he too could have been to some of these SNs ie stafford, Garoppolo, even GOFF and brady recently i watched those playoff games qb messed up threw picks had off games defense, a run game ,coaching kept hem in it so then the qb had chance to come back. Its a team game and fans keep making stupid comps trying to downgrade our players especially Dak when so many other issues have created the lack of playoff success for both romo and dak.,

daks is far from it a 4th rounder who has that record..sorry

buh by troll

Lol.....people make up stuff to argue...then claim victory. Total crazy....and its getting out hand.
Did i ever say who was better? No....i didnt why are you arguing that?
My point is....if theres some major difference....we still have nothing to show for it.
Thats it....thats all i said. Should be pretty simple.

erod

Reaction score
It is true Stafford and Watson put up big numbers for bad teams. Put a better team around them and they can win games. You don’t see productive QBs being kicked to the curb and released. That’s a fact!
Dak has had terrific talent around him.

He just can't play.

Stats mean nothing.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Lol.....people make up stuff to argue...then claim victory. Total crazy....and its getting out hand.
Did i ever say who was better? No....i didnt why are you arguing that?
My point is....if theres some major difference....we still have nothing to show for it.
Thats it....thats all i said. Should be pretty simple.
TEAM game

that was the answer

time to move on from historically bad failure of hypothetical debate.. i do win that easy i mean im using facts you are using wildly swung hypotheticals that mean nothing.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Keep hanging your hat on highest scoring team. That really showed against the Cardinals and 49ers. LOL

Keep hanging your hat on a QB whose last full season as a starter led the Buccaneers to a losing record and had more INTs than any QB the past 20 years. LOL

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak has had terrific talent around him.

He just can't play.

Stats mean nothing.

Dak had almost 4500 yards last season. He threw a franchise record 37 TD passes. He had a career high 68.8 completion percentage and a 104.2 passer rating. He’s 21 games over 500 as a starting QB which way better than Matthew Stafford who has a losing QB record, Deshaun Watson and several other starting QBs. He has a 98.7 career passer rating with a 66.7 career completion percentage and you claim he can’t play? :laugh: Are you going to go so far as to say Baker Mayfield, Jameis Winston, Mitch Trubisky, Carson Wentz and Marcus Mariota can play but Dak can’t? I could use a good laugh. lol

erod

Reaction score
Dak had almost 4500 yards last season. He threw a franchise record 37 TD passes. He had a career high 68.8 completion percentage and a 104.2 passer rating. He’s 21 games over 500 as a starting QB which way better than Matthew Stafford who has a losing QB record, Deshaun Watson and several other starting QBs. He has a 98.7 career passer rating with a 66.7 career completion percentage and you claim he can’t play? :laugh: Are you going to go so far as to say Baker Mayfield, Jameis Winston, Mitch Trubisky, Carson Wentz and Marcus Mariota can play but Dak can’t? I could use a good laugh. lol
I don't have the time or interest to teach you football. I hope you win your fantasy football league.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't have the time or interest to teach you football. I hope you win your fantasy football league.

You don’t want to make yourself look even more foolish by listing a bunch of average QBs that are bouncing around the league that you think are better than Dak. In your fantasy league Baker Mayfield, Jared Goff, Mitch Trubisky, Carson Wentz and Marcus Mariota can all play but Dak can’t. LOL

Hadenough

Reaction score
Keep hanging your hat on a QB whose last full season as a starter led the Buccaneers to a losing record and had more INTs than any QB the past 20 years. LOL
Oh I don't want Winston unless Dallas were to make the playoffs again. Dallas should play Dak against the NFC east and bring in a hired gun to give them a better chance against better teams. You have to admit Winston was doing pretty well last year until he got hurt. Beat the Bucs, Pats, Packers, Seahawks. 14 tds and 3 int.

Hadenough

Reaction score
You don’t want to make yourself look even more foolish by listing a bunch of average QBs that are bouncing around the league that you think are better than Dak. In your fantasy league Baker Mayfield, Jared Goff, Mitch Trubisky, Carson Wentz and Marcus Mariota can all play but Dak can’t. LOL
At least your finally mentioning Dak with names he should be mentioned with.