Dak vs. Zone coverage

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Last week against the Giants, Dak carved up man coverage. This week, he seemed to struggle more against zone coverage of the Panthers. So, for all the football experts who carve up teams performance through film study, I have 2 questions:

Does Dak do better against man coverage or zone coverage?

If Dak does more poorly against zone coverage, is the problem Dak, or is it that the Cowboys receivers don't find the holes in the zone as easily? Seems like an opportunity for good coaching to improve the Cowboys offense to me.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
We all know Dak sucks vs zone and a solid front 4. The reason being, he is a 1 thought process QB. When the play is blown up, he just can't read the field. This is why there are always several receivers wide open when he throws it into triple coverage.

I am actually enjoying this hot streak by him and the team, it sets everyone up to fail hard when he lets everyone down, like he does every season.

Ken

Reaction score
We all know Dak sucks vs zone and a solid front 4. The reason being, he is a 1 thought process QB. When the play is blown up, he just can't read the field. This is why there are always several receivers wide open when he throws it into triple coverage.

I am actually enjoying this hot streak by him and the team, it sets everyone up to fail hard when he lets everyone down, like he does every season.
My man just making stuff up now.

Cool story bro.

Zman5

Reaction score
Last week against the Giants, Dak carved up man coverage. This week, he seemed to struggle more against zone coverage of the Panthers. So, for all the football experts who carve up teams performance through film study, I have 2 questions:

If Dak does more poorly against zone coverage, is the problem Dak, or is it that the Cowboys receivers don't find the holes in the zone as easily? Seems like an opportunity for good coaching to improve the Cowboys offense to me.
He didn't struggle. He just took what they gave him which was the smart play vs lesser opponent. There were no reasons for us to take big chances and be aggressive vs Carolina who sucks on offense.

Carolina played zone with 2 deep safeties for the most of the game. They wanted us to run and dink and dunk hoping we make a mistake along the way. Too bad for them, we took the run and dinked and dunked and didn't make any major mistakes.

Kwyn

Reaction score
You root for them to do well so people get excited about the team and then you will be rooting for failure so that all the fans are heartbroken.

With “fans” like you, who needs enemies?

dmark1

Reaction score

Wow arent you a special kind of first class a hole. You must be great at parties.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Funny cause I always thought dak struggled vs man cause he coulddnt fit those tight throws in.

Vs zone he’s fine…. He just has to play within the offense. Again extend plays with his legs and he’s ok.

Dallasfann

Reaction score

You okay lil bub?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
When you play against this type of defense, you must stay patient and take what is given. Also, you have to be able to run the football against light boxes. Dak never forced passes nor had any interceptions, had a quality, workmen like game. Expect to see these scheme a lot down the stretch. Teams rather see if the Cowboys can play clean for a long drive over big passing plays down the field.

aikemirv

Reaction score
4.9 yards per attemp is a rough day however the drops and abscence of tough catches make executing a short passing game a huge struggle. Thankfully the Panthers D decided to give us a couple drives with penalties otherwise we are talking about an offensive struggle of a game

Pipelayer72

Reaction score

What a strange post. Getting enjoyment over what you predict as certain failure and assuming it will keep happening. The fact you think that's funny is just weird.

aikemirv

Reaction score
4.9 yards per attemp is a rough day however the drops and abscence of tough catches make executing a short passing game a huge struggle. Thankfully the Panthers D decided to give us a couple drives with penalties otherwise we are talking about an offensive struggle of a game

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
It’s not just zone. It’s the two deep looks a la Vic Fangio—cover 2, cover 4, cover 6, etc. When so many defenders are dropping into coverage, an offense should be able to run better than the Cowboys do.

LovinItAll

Reaction score

We all DO NOT know that Dak ’sucks against zone’ because he doesn’t. In Week 16 last year, Prescott completed all 24 of his passes against zone coverage for 300 yards & 3 TD, becoming the only player to earn a perfect 99 NGS passing score vs zone in a game since 2018.

Ken

Reaction score

"MVP" candidate CJ Stroud had 119 passing yards vs that defense.
Jared Goff had
You do this every regular season without fail.

How much evidence to the contrary do you require, homer?
how about any?