Dak vs. Zone coverage

Momanpr100

Reaction score
We all know Dak sucks vs zone and a solid front 4. The reason being, he is a 1 thought process QB. When the play is blown up, he just can't read the field. This is why there are always several receivers wide open when he throws it into triple coverage.

I am actually enjoying this hot streak by him and the team, it sets everyone up to fail hard when he lets everyone down, like he does every season.
I get banned a day for saying people need to get laid, but yet the mods let this bs rock smh

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t care about not having big numbers in the passing today. We faced the 26th ranked run defense and if that’s the way to victory so be it.

I saw Dak execute measured throws and zero turnovers so keep up protecting the ball.
I was kind of shocked we threw as much as we did.

HungryLion

Reaction score
We all DO NOT know that Dak ’sucks against zone’ because he doesn’t. In Week 16 last year, Prescott completed all 24 of his passes against zone coverage for 300 yards & 3 TD, becoming the only player to earn a perfect 99 NGS passing score vs zone in a game since 2018.
Dak sucks against zone when the defensive front 4 is getting pressure and the cowboys running game stinks.

Of course Most QB’s struggle in those scenarios.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
We all know Dak sucks vs zone and a solid front 4. The reason being, he is a 1 thought process QB. When the play is blown up, he just can't read the field. This is why there are always several receivers wide open when he throws it into triple coverage.

I am actually enjoying this hot streak by him and the team, it sets everyone up to fail hard when he lets everyone down, like he does every season.

Weird stuff

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Last week against the Giants, Dak carved up man coverage. This week, he seemed to struggle more against zone coverage of the Panthers. So, for all the football experts who carve up teams performance through film study, I have 2 questions:

Does Dak do better against man coverage or zone coverage?

If Dak does more poorly against zone coverage, is the problem Dak, or is it that the Cowboys receivers don't find the holes in the zone as easily? Seems like an opportunity for good coaching to improve the Cowboys offense to me.
it wasn't necessarily struggling, as panthers played 2 high safties and only giving up underneath and middle stuff. that's why not a lot of yards, but lots of completions. we stayed patient and we made some plays. nothing was really forced, neither did we need to.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I thought I was pessimistic :laugh:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Last week against the Giants, Dak carved up man coverage. This week, he seemed to struggle more against zone coverage of the Panthers. So, for all the football experts who carve up teams performance through film study, I have 2 questions:

If Dak does more poorly against zone coverage, is the problem Dak, or is it that the Cowboys receivers don't find the holes in the zone as easily? Seems like an opportunity for good coaching to improve the Cowboys offense to me.
When you are going against teams intent on making you drive the field, you can't afford many mistakes. Dak missed some passes but we also had several drops. We also did not run the ball well enough (or enough) to force Carolina out of two-deep.

It's not all about Dak.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
Why would I get banned? I'm contributing and not attacking. If you guys want one view, well then make your forum say it's only a place for homers and positive cowboys posts only.

Have any of you actually looked at the teams records we have played this year? Do the math. This is the same stuff that happens every year!!

The easy to plead crowd gets excited about how great we look and in truth, we have only beaten teams with losing records lol!

Same thing goes with Dak. Once he plays good teams, his true colors show.

But again, you guys keep living in those castles. I can't wait to knock them down in the offseason!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Dak faced more man coverage today against the Panthers. Our receivers struggled getting open. 5 - 6 passes were touched but dropped. Yes, Dak struggles more in zone coverage, but today, it was mostly man coverage but our receivers did not help much.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dak faced more man coverage today against the Panthers. Our receivers struggled getting open. 5 - 6 passes were touched but dropped. Yes, Dak struggles more in zone coverage, but today, it was mostly man coverage but our receivers did not help much.
the best way to beat those cover twos is to make them pay in the running game and for having a light box.

Some big plays out of the running game would certainly be helpful.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Tbh, team performance today was not great, but it didn't have to be.

The team kept grinding as opposed to the Arizona game where mental lapses and OL issues really stacked as the game went on.

Today, those didn't happen- but the team wasn't completely locked in imho.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
SpaceCowboy99 said:
You root for them to do well so people get excited about the team and then you will be rooting for failure so that all the fans are heartbroken.
With “fans” like you, who needs enemies?
Yeah really! *SMH*

Kwyn

Reaction score
Why would I get banned? I'm contributing and not attacking. If you guys want one view, well then make your forum say it's only a place for homers and positive cowboys posts only.

Have any of you actually looked at the teams records we have played this year? Do the math. This is the same stuff that happens every year!!

The easy to plead crowd gets excited about how great we look and in truth, we have only beaten teams with losing records lol!

Same thing goes with Dak. Once he plays good teams, his true colors show.

But again, you guys keep living in those castles. I can't wait to knock them down in the offseason!
Dude. You said straight up that you root for the cowboys to lose because you want Cowboy fans to be destroyed so you can taunt them after a loss.

It’s trolling.

No place for that here.

There are plenty of other trolls who know how to walk the line and crap on the team and the fans but they don’t go full on troll.

You should take notes from them.

aikemirv

Reaction score
He did not play great today, wasn’t helped by a few drops.
Yeah there were a few drops and no contested catches made. Tolbert was a dissapointment today as well. Dak managed the game well but the offense left a lot to be desired. We don't have near 17 points if the Carolina D does not self implode there