News: Dak Wants Cowboys To Pay Him ‘Right Behind Mahomes’ - And Pay Him ‘Respect’

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is this? Did he say that?
There is nothing in the article that indicates this came from either Dak or his agent, or even from the Cowboys. This seems to be yet another article that presents a media opinion as if it were facts provided by the parties involved.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK, read it.

Dak and is camp are complete and utter morons. No wonder we can't come to a deal, he's being completely unrealistic, not to mention simply stupid.
Mahomes long-term deal averages $45 million per year. So the $40-$44 mil the Prescott camp wants doesn't surprise me, and shouldn't surprise many.
Dak need to show some respect to the Cowboys by not being absurd in his asking price. That is insulting. He has 1 playoff win and has not taken the team to the SB and he wants to be the 2nd highest paid player in the NFL. Trade him. He will find out what the NFL stands for- Not For Long when you make those asinine demands
OK, read it.

Dak and is camp are complete and utter morons. No wonder we can't come to a deal, he's being completely unrealistic, not to mention simply stupid.
Im through. Regardless of the dynamics of QB escalating contracts.
Respect this

The article indicated this is what Jane Slater said - there is no indication it came from either Dak's side or the Cowboys side.

Last edited:

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
If Dak is saying this, let him walk. I'd rather go 7-9 and with Alex Smith instead of 8-8 with Dak...

This. Overpaying Dad = no better than 8 and 8. I'd rather have Alex Smith or Andy Dalton and the ability to build a good defense and draft a future QB.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
A few days ago, some posters on here were saying that Mahomes had a team friendly deal that would allow KC to keep players.
Is that the case?
Serious question, I'm not very good at contracts and i know some of you are....

We will find out soon. They will lose Sammy Watkins this year. Watkins wasn’t living up to his contract so maybe they are dumping him and not related to Mahomes’ increasing contract. I believe the Chiefs have 4 OL as FAs now. We shall see. Mahomes’ cap hit jumps from $4M last year to $20-25M this year and $45M next year. Chiefs will be restructuring Mahomes every year.

They will be losing players. Happens with all SB teams and exposure.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

All you've done is continue to spread something that there is no direct quote of Prescott actually saying. Some sportswriter started the Prescott is demanding respect based on no direct quote and now people here keep pushing that non-factual thing. What Prescott is quoted as saying is I know there is a business side of football. That in no way says or implies that he feels disrespected.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Anyone triggered by this wants to be triggered by this. This is the same as "Dak wants $40M" when that "news" broke last year. The media knows what they're doing and you emotional ping-pongers follow suit. "Right behind Mahommes" is simply just north of what Watson got, which is no doubt the floor for Dak's camp. But since people love being involved in others' money business you will always find a story designed to evoke "outrage." Watching people twist themselves in knots is really pretty entertaining.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I respect Dak even more . He holds all of the cards . And he’s playing Jethro like a fiddle.

It’s either going to cost the Cowboys millions more than it could have or we’re going to lose him. Which either scenario isn’t good for Cowboys Football.

And our ownership is already being blasted . As well they should be. Assuming they wanted to sign Dak.

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL. Then we are going to be in the market for a QB soon.

This franchise would be idiotic to give him a deal with an AAV in the 40s right behind Mahomes.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Mahomes long-term deal averages $45 million per year. So the $40-$44 mil the Prescott camp wants doesn't surprise me, and shouldn't surprise many.

Another one pushing SPECULATED numbers like they are actually real. Sportswriters have written articles and tweeted this 40 mil a year going all the way back to when the franchise tag was offer prior to the 2020 season. There was never anything quoted by anyone that stated that. All we do know is that France never negotiated at any time and just kept demanding the same thing. We also know that on the final hour or so on July 15th Prescott was negotiating for himself and they agreed on 35 mil a year but didn't get the length and guaranteed amount worked out before the deadline came, but still people say that Prescott is demanding 40 mil.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Actually it teaches you how to regurgitate statements, like the one above by Rockport. Notice the upchuck reflex exhibited here.
I can’t believe there are fools out there who don’t believe a college education makes you smarter. What’s wrong with you people?