News: Dak Wants Cowboys To Pay Him ‘Right Behind Mahomes’ - And Pay Him ‘Respect’

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Pound my chest on my guesswork? LOL! Yes, all I did was quote Jane Slater. She's a respected journalist and she said it on the Dan Patrick show. And how do you know she didn't have a direct quote? Wait, was it because you're pounding your chest on your guesswork? :lmao:
Did France or Dak deny what she said? I didn't think so. Pick your fight with her because those words literally came out of her mouth. Or, try picking it with someone who gives a ****, because I don't.

Here's a news flash for you. Sportswriters when they have a direct quote they say they have a direct quote because then people won't say they are just speculating. They will say something like so and so told me this or said this and will put what the person said in quotes. It's like gold for a sportswriter to be told something they can use. Yes you guessed but you based your guess on speculation and that was what I was calling out.

Paradox

Reaction score
Here's a news flash for you. Sportswriters when they have a direct quote they say they have a direct quote because then people won't say they are just speculating. They will say something like so and so told me this or said this and will put what the person said in quotes. It's like gold for a sportswriter to be told something they can use. Yes you guessed but you based your guess on speculation and that was what I was calling out.
Wrong! I see you're good at that. And you're using speculation to support your argument against speculation. I have a direct quote from a respected journalist and contract averages to support my numbers, and you have nothing except a bug up your ***. Just stop.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Sign and trade. No way in hell cab you pay him close to Mahomes. What the hell has he done? One wildcard win? Either move and up and draft a QB or maybe one falls into their lap at 10.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Sign and trade. No way in hell cab you pay him close to Mahomes. What the hell has he done? One wildcard win? Either move and up and draft a QB or maybe one falls into their lap at 10.

He sells beds, smiles for the camera and does his cha cha and passes the ball in a losing game at the end, sits on the bench and picks up a paper cup...he's a bad man. Write him a check...

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Someone please explain how you sign and trade a player who not willing to sign?

All Dak needs to do is wait until July to sign. No one will trade for his contract - $38 million - that late into the year.

If Dak ends up on the tag, then he is done in Dallas. And all Dallas gets is a 3rd rounder in 2022.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I hope he is saving his money from this year because at this rate he will be out of the league in two years. He may be the next Kap.
I was thinking the same thing. Kap overestimated on what he thought he was worth and tried to get it thru FA. No one bite and he should have taken the 17 million that the Niners offered him. His play declined after he went to the SB. The league caught up to him and when they decided he was a RB when he took off and doesn’t have the protection of a qb I think he was dead in the water for his career.

Playmaker247

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Kap overestimated on what he thought he was worth and tried to get it thru FA. No one bite and he should have taken the 17 million that the Niners offered him. His play declined after he went to the SB. The league caught up to him and when they decided he was a RB when he took off and doesn’t have the protection of a qb I think he was dead in the water for his career.
Some of you tell on yourselves

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dakota wants just about the same money of a winning SB MVP QB. Dakota wants to get paid shy of a Talented ELITE QB with TWO SB appearances .... No wonder why he sells Sleep Number mattresses, he is dreaming!!!
Mahomes
1-0
12-4
11-3
14-1
38-8 total
playoffs
1-1
3-0
2-1
6-2 total
SuperBowls (2) 1-1
Championship games (3) 2-1

Dak
13-3
9-7
10-6
8-8
2-3 really 1-3 Dalton won the game
42-27 total

playoffs
0-1
1-1
1-2 total
SuperBowls 0
Championship games 0
looking at records, dak set 90% or more of his records during the 2016 rookie season.
Since then dak has been quite ordinary with 28-24 record.
I have seen all of dak's games, and only about 10 mahomes games, but Dak is nowhere near the qb mahomes is.

Jimbo69

Reaction score
Still think Jerry will sign him to a 4 year deal. Minimum 40m.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dakota wants just about the same money of a winning SB MVP QB. Dakota wants to get paid shy of a Talented ELITE QB with TWO SB appearances .... No wonder why he sells Sleep Number mattresses, he is dreaming!!!
The "Con" is in play as Prescott and Todd have used every PR method to sell a tier 3 QB as Franchise.
The question is will Jerry take the bait?
The "money" in the room says NO!

P.S.That flex cost Jerry dearly and ya feel he is sick and tired of the Prescott dog and pony show!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The "Con" is in play as Prescott and Todd have used every PR method to sell a tier 3 QB as Franchise.
The question is will Jerry take the bait?
The "money" in the room says NO!

P.S.That flex cost Jerry dearly and ya feel he is sick and tired of the Prescott dog and pony show!
The Troll King.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He sells beds, smiles for the camera and does his cha cha and passes the ball in a losing game at the end, sits on the bench and picks up a paper cup...he's a bad man. Write him a check...
The King Hater. Grow up child. Oh wait, yesterday you said, “I’m a man, I’m over 40!” Forgive me.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
Wrong! I see you're good at that. And you're using speculation to support your argument against speculation. I have a direct quote from a respected journalist and contract averages to support my numbers, and you have nothing except a bug up your ***. Just stop.
Just curious - from a third persons perspective - if as you said in a previous quote pick your fight with someone who gives a poop because I don’t , why are you continuing to go back and forth with gjk ? Maybe you DO give a poop
Just curious , carry on :huh::grin: