News: Dak Wants Cowboys To Pay Him ‘Right Behind Mahomes’ - And Pay Him ‘Respect’

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by triplets_93, Mar 1, 2021.

1. rnr_honeybadger

rnr_honeybadger Well-Known Member

6,179 Messages
    8,211 Likes Received
    We can agree on how the Cowboys have bungled the signing of free agents and handled contract extensions.

At the end of the day the fundamental point is that Dak Prescott is he worth what he is demanding given that he isn’t all that is needed to secure wins. The answer is a simple no. We can claim that that’s the market, okay why would I reduce my chance at wins in a team sport simply because other teams have driven up the price of one position?

2. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

43,044 Messages
    35,884 Likes Received
    Because you don’t reduce your wind by signing Dak.

3. nate dizzle

nate dizzle Well-Known Member

2,631 Messages
    3,976 Likes Received
    Can't it be all 3? I think it can.

4. rnr_honeybadger

rnr_honeybadger Well-Known Member

6,179 Messages
    8,211 Likes Received
    I disagree the impact of his contract will be felt when the team struggles to retain other players whose contracts come up. When that happens we now need to patch up those holes as they leave. It’s basic math and the pie can only be sliced up in so many ways. That is part of Jerry and his breaking trusts failing when they handed out giant contracts to middling players or for RBs.

Sheepherder likes this.
  5. rocyaice

43,044 Messages
    35,884 Likes Received
    True.

6. Vtwin

Vtwin Power and Performance

4,099 Messages
    3,245 Likes Received
    LOL Throwing down that victim card. Poor rocy. Everybody out to get him and he just doesn't know why.

Your defending Dak means nothing to me. You only stand out because of your constant, delusional hypocrisy towards other posters. Irrational and immature hypocrites seem to draw my attention and, like I said, you stand out. It doesn't even bother me, it amuses me. I just can't resist pointing out the obvious to the oblivious. I'm just trying to help. ;)

Credit where credit is due though, you are right about one thing. You do "have no damn idea".

Carry on.

Over and out.

:starspin:

USArmyVet likes this.
  7. rocyaice

43,044 Messages
    35,884 Likes Received
    This team has locked everyone up so who are they failing to retain? Quite frankly, who is even worth retaining at this point? I want some of these guys gone who are here long term as it is....

I hear you when you talk about the pie.....my issue isn't Dak's piece of the pie though. The Jaylon, Lawrence and Zeke pieces are more concerning to me because that is money you could actually use to "build around Dak". That money would go further than whatever money you'd save from downgrading from Dak to Dalton.

8. rocyaice

43,044 Messages
    35,884 Likes Received
    :laugh: @ Over and out. Oh boy.......have a nice day Vtwin.:facepalm:

9. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

24,432 Messages
    22,621 Likes Received
    MCFly, hellooooooooooooooooo, Dak doesn't play defense McFly hellooooooooooooooooooo.....

10. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

24,432 Messages
    22,621 Likes Received
    You've been sucked.

What does the bold sentence mean?

11. Kevinicus

Kevinicus Well-Known Member

17,838 Messages
    10,518 Likes Received
    It's not about being comparable? How ridiculous is that? It is 100% about being comparable. That's the point of a comparison.

The comparison is that Dak had it much better (not necessarily good/great, but much better).

Only a complete fool would not recognize a drastically different OL for the other guys. And not just on paper, but in actual performance.

And the line, while still very poor, was significantly improved when Martin was in the lineup.

12. Kevinicus

17,838 Messages
    10,518 Likes Received
    I didn't "harp" on two games. Again, how do you call other people liars when it's all you seem to do?

I listed it as a contributing factor. And 2 games (or 2.3) was at least 1/3 of the games used for one side of the graphic I was responding to.

13. rocyaice

43,044 Messages
    35,884 Likes Received
    I mean I don't know what to tell you. A bad line is bad to me. I guess if you want to say they were better with Zack Martin out here then I guess I can't really disagree with that. Did Zack Martin miss the Cardinals game where Dalton sucked? Can't remember.....

14. rocyaice

43,044 Messages
    35,884 Likes Received
    What did I just lie about in that post?

15. Kevinicus

17,838 Messages
    10,518 Likes Received
    Most of it. 2 OL went down in the first 10 plays or so.

There's degrees of bad, and it makes a big difference.

16. Kevinicus

17,838 Messages
    10,518 Likes Received
    That I was harping. Or anything close to it.

17. rocyaice

43,044 Messages
    35,884 Likes Received
    But you were harping....is that something you really want to be argumentative about though?

There's 5 linemen. If you just have one good one out there.....that's not enough to make you go from bad to good.

18. bigE79

bigE79 Well-Known Member

3,326 Messages
    1,065 Likes Received
    Cool hand luke....one of my favs

19. bigE79

bigE79 Well-Known Member

3,326 Messages
    1,065 Likes Received
    Lamb was a luxury we didn't need.

20. Sheepherder

Sheepherder Active Member