News: Dak Wants Cowboys To Pay Him ‘Right Behind Mahomes’ - And Pay Him ‘Respect’

Gaede

Reaction score
The irony is that it's Prescott who should be showing the Cowboys respect. Who drafted him after the DUI charge against him? He benefitted from playing behind arguably the best offensive line any rookie QB has ever played behind in the history of the NFL to favourably massage his stats. He was very fortunate to land in this spot yet he has seemingly became delusional.

I just hope the front office see it through and move on from the fat head.

Lol ok. Dak just lucked into succeeding.

It couldn't be that he is talented and worked his *** off to get even better.

visionary

Reaction score
Gee, I wonder why a QB would want out of Dallas?

It's almost as if Dak, and his agent, know this is a loser organization as long as Jerry and Stephen are playing fantasy football.

I can't imagine what gave them that idea. :rolleyes:

Ahh, now that it comes out that the Cowboys did make more than fair offers to Dak, which takes away 2 talking points of Dak sniffers, Jake here offers a new twist/excuse for this moronic behavior: it’s not that Dak is being unreasonable in his demands, he’s doing it so he can get out of the Cowboys

new low, but that is what we have come to expect from Dak apologists

you go girl

:thumbup:

Swagger

Reaction score
Lol ok. Dak just lucked into succeeding.

It couldn't be that he is talented and worked his *** off to get even better.
The same could be said about Rosen, Darnold etc all of the quarterbacks who landed in next to impossible spots and they are now struggling to stay in the league.

The point is that Prescott landed in an offense where he had every chance of succeeding. Dak Prescott turned down a contract to be paid as one of the top 5 quarterbacks in the league. That's where the delusion and greed sets in.

Gaede

Reaction score
The same could be said about Rosen, Darnold etc all of the quarterbacks who landed in next to impossible spots and they are now struggling to stay in the league.

The point is that Prescott landed in an offense where he had every chance of succeeding. Dak Prescott turned down a contract to be paid as one of the top 5 quarterbacks in the league. That's where the delusion and greed sets in.

The point is Dak is a better player than those others. Strange how the success that was just given to him wasn't also given to all of our backup QBs as well.

visionary

Reaction score
When an athlete starts talking about being PAID to be shown respect that usually means

1. they don’t understand the basic concept of respect and how it is earned

2. they want to get paid more than they’re worth

3. they know that they will not win championships so this is their only shot at ‘respect’

I never heard Jordan or LeBron or Brady or Mahomes talk this way

When this happens the best option is to walk away

Redline360

Reaction score
Indeed, Dak's the problem. As opposed to the father/son morons who gave themselves jobs and accomplished nothing for the last 25 years. :muttley:

Never said Dak was the problem but he's certainly not the solution

He's just Romo 2.0. Good / great quarterback swallowed up by a garbage defense and coaching.

Swagger

Reaction score
The point is Dak is a better player than those others. Strange how the success that was just given to him wasn't also given to all of our backup QBs as well.
Dalton had a better winning ratio than Prescott last season. Prescott was 1-3 in games he started and finished whilst Dalton was 4-5 in games he started and finished. The defense improved as the season went on so obviously that played a big part in the team winning games but Dalton played behind a weaker offensive line than Prescott. I'm not claiming that at this stage in his career Dalton is a better QB than Prescott but the fact is that Andy Dalton won 4 games as the starting QB last season so if a journeyman like him can win games then why can't a highly touted rookie or another vet like Fitzpatrick whilst also having over $20 million to improve the defense in free agency?

Swagger

Reaction score
When an athlete starts talking about being PAID to be shown respect that usually means

1. they don’t understand the basic concept of respect and how it is earned

2. they want to get paid more than they’re worth

3. they know that they will not win championships so this is their only shot at ‘respect’

I never heard Jordan or LeBron or Brady or Mahomes talk this way

When this happens the best option is to walk away
Completely agree.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The Cowboys missed the boat on Dak. They won't win anything with him as a $40M QB. Time for a different approach

morasp

Reaction score
Wilson is complaining about his offensive line? Dak wouldn't stand a chance with the Seahawks.

Turk

Reaction score
I have seen it before; Players trusting agents too much.

Now the idea that Dak is trying to get out of Dallas?

If that was the case he could just have his minion call Jerry and say

"No Deal no matter what. You can tag me but I will never sign a long term deal with Dallas."

That is more likely to work then trying this way. Generally, you have to hit Jerry upside the head with a 2 X 4 before he gets it.

The Natural

Reaction score
Dumb and dumber deserve to be taken to the woodshed by Dak and his agent for the hell they put this fanbase through the last 25 years.

the heel turn on Dak around these parts has been funny to see :laugh: as a neutral observer.

waving monkey

Reaction score
It's as if some of you still think playing for the Dallas Cowboys is some sort of honor. :muttley:

The fact is people under the age of 30 see the Cowboys as an organization that wins nothing, run by the same two guys who have won nothing for the last 25 years. Do you really expect them to bend over backwards to keep playing for this team? I'd be looking for the quickest way out, as long as Dumb & Dumber call the shots.
expect them to bend over backwards to keep playing for this team
thats a curious choice of phrase Jake, I can understand your sour tone its been strictly feathers around here too long. I dont like nut cutting the life blood from the team though. there are so many angles and the agent is toxic in my view. whatever happens Im disappointed