Dak was a bus driver and I liked it

Status
Not open for further replies.

morat1959

Reaction score
What a workmanlike, careful and unspectacular job Dak turned in.
Yet 40 points were tallied.
Chaps, I could live with this and a gutsy, aggressive D.
Totally agree! There are going to be games he has to step up and make plays. He’s not off the hook after one game but I’m gonna enjoy this beat down until we’re on the field again.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In that rain, with that defense, that was a great game plan and he did what he needed to do. There is zero to be upset with last night
I don’t know if I could critique. Tight end dropping footballs. The first missed extra point. Good thing the difference put some points of burly so the offense to get their feet under themselves.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Dak was a massive non factor and the running game was less than impressive. But they got the job done. The offense is going to have to work on keeping the ball longer or the defense will eventually wear down. If this is how the offense is going to be all season they could be in a bit of trouble.

It was a good performance overall, but I do question the quality of the opponent. Do this against SF or Philly and we may be on to something.

starfan1

Reaction score
Let's just hope they get better offensively. 1 game in and I'm really missing Schultz after fergy caught only 2 of 8 passes.
Shultz caught 2 passes on 4 targets for 4 yards we’ll be fine at TE

The conditions were terrible yes they had 2 drops but Schultz is slow and a bad blocker

Don’t miss him a bit YET :laugh:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak was a massive non factor and the running game was less than impressive. But they got the job done. The offense is going to have to work on keeping the ball longer or the defense will eventually wear down. If this is how the offense is going to be all season they could be in a bit of trouble.

It was a good performance overall, but I do question the quality of the opponent. Do this against SF or Philly and we may be on to something.
Philadelphia was lucky New England made those early mistakes. They did not look that good in the second half.

shabazz

Reaction score
Zero complaints about Dak from me…..no need for gaudy stats when the defense is scoring and getting short field for the offense. Great team victory!

But when the defense has their off days we WILL need our QB to come up big for the team.

Jipper

Reaction score
I don’t know if I could critique. Tight end dropping footballs. The first missed extra point. Good thing the difference put some points of burly so the offense to get their feet under themselves.
Critique yes always things to critique, but there was nothing upsetting last night…dropped balls in rain and a missed extra point on his first nfl kick are not bad at all…super excited for next week

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Best of the "what Dak did" threads. I see it the same way and that's what I'll expect from him this year. He doesn't have to push the ship forward, just steer and keep it away from the rocks.

If the defense will continue to be that good, with guys like Lamb that's all he'll have to do.

In that weather I just can't and won't complain about his play. 40-0 lol.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Extremely wet conditions. There were times when rain was thick as soup. All things considered, offense did extremely well. Only fumble was luckily recovered. Drops will stop next game.

Flamma

Reaction score
I wouldn't say he's a bus driver. But this was the poised Dak we usually saw most years except for last year. Nothing fantastic, but confident with no turnovers. If you have to throw for 300-400 yards, you're either behind, or in a dog fight. I rarely compliment Dak, but he looked as poised as ever.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
strange day yesterday.
Burrows had 82 yards.
Watson had all of 154 yards
Geno Smith had 114 yards
Hurts had 170 yards
Lamar Jackson 169

then some of the losers like Cousins had 340+, mac Jones had 320,

Status
Not open for further replies.