Dak was a bus driver and I liked it

Status
Not open for further replies.

plymkr

Reaction score
Zero complaints about Dak from me…..no need for gaudy stats when the defense is scoring and getting short field for the offense. Great team victory!

But when the defense has their off days we WILL need our QB to come up big for the team.
Exactly. Dak took a page out of Troy Aikman’s book. Move the chains and allow your players to do their job. Troy is a 3 time champion and HOFer who allowed his offensive line to block, his RB to run and excelled and not turning the ball over. That formula worked for Troy and it can work for Dak.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Prescott did what he needed to do. There was no reason to be throwing the ball around in that atrocious weather when the defense was dominating like they were.

Burrow was playing in the same weather and was complete booty. So were a few of the other QBs playing in that storm.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
What a workmanlike, careful and unspectacular job Dak turned in.
Yet 40 points were tallied.
Chaps, I could live with this and a gutsy, aggressive D.
Shhhhh, We didn't want to give tape to the Jets and that baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddddddd man.;)

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
strange day yesterday.
Burrows had 82 yards.
Watson had all of 154 yards
Geno Smith had 114 yards
Hurts had 170 yards
Lamar Jackson 169

then some of the losers like Cousins had 340+, mac Jones had 320,
Cause huge numbers mean you're losing.... Mostly.

I think 25-30 passes or so is good and control the clock with the run game. Get teams behind and fewer possessions.

starfan1

Reaction score
Don't really care what he does elsewhere, he was pretty darn good at what they had him do here. I'm sure fergy will have much better days, 2 of 8 is just a pretty bad start regardless of conditions.
He left some out there for sure but I was a ok with Schultz getting paid elsewhere

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
strange day yesterday.
Burrows had 82 yards.
Watson had all of 154 yards
Geno Smith had 114 yards
Hurts had 170 yards
Lamar Jackson 169

then some of the losers like Cousins had 340+, mac Jones had 320,
Defenses certainly seemed to be way ahead of offenses yesterday. Rain definitely impacted a few of these guys.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I feel like we were fortunate enough to get some turnovers that turned into points and made the Giants play to our strengths which is our pass rush.

If they had scored a touchdown on that first drive it could have been a totally different game and Dak may have been called on to pull the rabbit out of the hat.

It was horrible weather to try and pass the ball and fortunately we forced the Giants to have to do that.

No quarterbacks performance in a game with that type of weather can be properly judged.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
His numbers weren’t great, but no INT’s on a rainy night. Certainly not terrible for his first live game reps since last season, especially in a new offense. A lot better than his performance last year in the opener. I never expected us to be clicking on all cylinders offensively. It should get better as the season progresses.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
He didn't force anything that wasn't there. and he didn't turn the ball over. When you have a defense like that and a lead like that, you don't take chances.
Nah he forced one terrible pass to Ferguson the end zone in double coverage that could’ve gotten picked off against experience db’s

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He left some out there for sure but I was a ok with Schultz getting paid elsewhere
As long as fergy or someone steps up sure. There will be games where the defense doesn't get 7 sacks, 2 interceptions including 1 for a TD, and a st blocked FG returned for a TD. Not a good start at all for the TE group. The Dak to Schultz combo was pretty darn good for what they like to do and what they had last night isn't going to cut it very long.

starfan1

Reaction score
As long as fergy or someone steps up sure. There will be games where the defense doesn't get 7 sacks, 2 interceptions including 1 for a TD, and a st blocked FG returned for a TD. Not a good start at all for the TE group. The Dak to Schultz combo was pretty darn good for what they like to do and what they had last night isn't going to cut it very long.
Conditions were pretty sloppy . I’m not too worried bout it .

morat1959

Reaction score
Exactly. Dak took a page out of Troy Aikman’s book. Move the chains and allow your players to do their job. Troy is a 3 time champion and HOFer who allowed his offensive line to block, his RB to run and excelled and not turning the ball over. That formula worked for Troy and it can work for Dak.
Are you really comparing Dak to Troy?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I almost started a thread but I will leave it here.

No score was attributed to Dak.

"None of the 40 points scored were credited to Prescott on the box score (or in your fantasy league)."

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cowboy...giants-40-0-in-dominant-opener-031913412.html

Very interesting!
Yes, verrry interesting.
dr-evil.jpg

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What a workmanlike, careful and unspectacular job Dak turned in.
Yet 40 points were tallied.
Chaps, I could live with this and a gutsy, aggressive D.

He did not drive a bus, he drove a Taxi...slow and smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.