Dak was a bus driver and I liked it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elusiv1

Reaction score
Hey man I loved it as well, if we want to turn Dak into Trent Dilfer and win games 2000 Ravens style, I'm all for it!! Our defense is that good this year, just keep him out of harms way, mistake free, and let's bring another chip back to Big D!!!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Shultz caught 2 passes on 4 targets for 4 yards we’ll be fine at TE

The conditions were terrible yes they had 2 drops but Schultz is slow and a bad blocker

Don’t miss him a bit YET :laugh:
Don't really care what he does elsewhere, he was pretty darn good at what they had him do here. I'm sure fergy will have much better days, 2 of 8 is just a pretty bad start regardless of conditions.

jgboys1

Reaction score
If the defense, special teams, the running game and we can stay healthy, Dak doesn't need to be the hero, just drive the bus and manage the game.

Soth

Reaction score
The Giants imploded during the game. Did we really want Dak and Big Mike to air it out? There were a bunch of drops too.

I think they played a smart game. The question is how Dak will respond when we need to put points on the board.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
What a workmanlike, careful and unspectacular job Dak turned in.
Yet 40 points were tallied.
Chaps, I could live with this and a gutsy, aggressive D.
Once again in a very meaningful game, Prescot look horrible last night! HAD, the Giants showed up and this game turned into a slugfest the Boys would have been in real trouble because WENTZ 2.0 was all over the place last night. He made a couple of throws that looked great to a wide receiver and his TEs let him down with their drops, but there were way too many passes that were just plain bad!!!!!! Sure, McCarthy wanted to keep his prize possession in the barn with the way he was calling the game, but even the plays that called for Wentz 2.0 to throw short 10 yarders were off target and uncatchable!!!!!!

kevm3

Reaction score
We're seeing SENSIBLE ball on the offense, and a game that complements the defense.

This is the kind of game Dak was comfortable with in 2016 when we had a ton of success, which is strong run game and safe play.

Mike's offense doesn't look that exciting, but it's a winning offense that helps preserve the defense. The problem with Kellen Moore's offense is that it puts up a ton of numbers for the QB, but it wears out the defense because you are vastly increasing your interceptions with all of those throws and you're moving down the field too quickly and you're increasing the percentage of 3 and outs, especially when you toss deep balls on 3rd and short.

What we saw with the Chargers is what we pretty much saw in Dallas. The offense put up awesome numbers, but they lost because the other team was able to outscore them. Their defense was ineffective. Getting in offensive shoot-outs makes it dicey to win games, especially against great defensive teams.

If we can shore up our O-line, keep an eye on kickers and get consistency out of our defense, this is a legitimate super bowl winning team.

mardwin

Reaction score
strange day yesterday.
Burrows had 82 yards.
Watson had all of 154 yards
Geno Smith had 114 yards
Hurts had 170 yards
Lamar Jackson 169

then some of the losers like Cousins had 340+, mac Jones had 320,
Mac Jones reminds me of Cooper Rush. Zero velocity in those throws.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
strange day yesterday.
Burrows had 82 yards.
Geno Smith had 114 yards
Hurts had 170 yards
Lamar Jackson 169

strange day yesterday.
Burrows had 82 yards.
Geno Smith had 114 yards
Hurts had 170 yards
Lamar Jackson 169

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Once again in a very meaningful game, Prescot look horrible last night! HAD, the Giants showed up and this game turned into a slugfest the Boys would have been in real trouble because WENTZ 2.0 was all over the place last night. He made a couple of throws that looked great to a wide receiver and his TEs let him down with their drops, but there were way too many passes that were just plain bad!!!!!! Sure, McCarthy wanted to keep his prize possession in the barn with the way he was calling the game, but even the plays that called for Wentz 2.0 to throw short 10 yarders were off target and uncatchable!!!!!!
Your desperation is showing...

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I suspect McCarthy held the reins in on him last night after such a brilliant start by the defense.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Same old same old as there will be a game (Probably in the playoffs) when our offense will need to make the difference and Deer in the Headlights will fold under the pressure with a fatal mistake.
We have seen this nightmare scenario 2 times vs. the Niners.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I was fine with how Dak played because he protected the ball and made enough plays to lead the offense to some TDs. Good game, and he should get better the more comfortable he gets.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Dak didn’t have to ball out and that’s good. He was a bit off last night but I think that’s because of weather and rust. I didn’t like the dropped passed by the TE’s, but Dak played smart and made good decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.