Dak was a bus driver and I liked it

Status
Not open for further replies.

btcutter

Reaction score
He didn't force anything that wasn't there. and he didn't turn the ball over. When you have a defense like that and a lead like that, you don't take chances.
If we had a RB like prime Zeke, this team would be favorite for SB.

cowboyed

Reaction score
What a workmanlike, careful and unspectacular job Dak turned in.
Yet 40 points were tallied.
Chaps, I could live with this and a gutsy, aggressive D.
Yes and no, GTB. Sprinkle in the sprinkles and being ahead on points not just from the offense enabled us to be less spicy with our play-calling. This is according to Schottenheimer. As fantastic as our defense played against the Giants the offensive playbook will open up. Balance grasshopper, balance.

morat1959

Reaction score
No, but if Dak follows Troy’s formula our team can be successful.
2 totally different skill sets. Troy made players around him better. He could throw it on a dime and hit players in stride. He was great at reading defenses and his ability to go through his progressions was excellent. Dak’s not in the same universe as Troy. There’s a reason Troy’s in the HOF and Dak has to be carried. The ONLY way Dak could use Troy’s “formula” would be a brain transplant.

Shane612

Reaction score
What a workmanlike, careful and unspectacular job Dak turned in.
Yet 40 points were tallied.
Chaps, I could live with this and a gutsy, aggressive D.
When your ST and D can score for you, your QB doesn't have to do much.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Same old same old as there will be a game (Probably in the playoffs) when our offense will need to make the difference and Deer in the Headlights will fold under the pressure with a fatal mistake.
We have seen this nightmare scenario 2 times vs. the Niners.
You forgot your quote

“now go ahead and blow another game for us and preferably a playoff game!!!”

Was that a slip up or you don’t like the team?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
He didn't force anything that wasn't there. and he didn't turn the ball over. When you have a defense like that and a lead like that, you don't take chances.
Yup, I give him credit, and I was critical of his play last year. This is a really good start. He didn't turn the ball over, despite playing in a downpour. Props to Dak.

kevm3

Reaction score
What we saw Monday seemed like the cowboys formula of the 90s... Great defense, lean on the running game and making passes with limited turnovers.

It's not a gameplan that makes the QB look amazing, but it's a winning formula, especially if you're not Aaron Rodgers or Pat Mahomes.

I'd much rather have Dak throw for 200 yards with zero turnovers and a W than 400 yards, a couple of turnovers and a loss.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Very Trent Dilferish.
Wait! (Needle scratching the vinyl)

Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring and is 5-1 in the playoffs.

Dak, our resident playoffs failure, has never even whiffed a Super Bowl is 2-4 in the playoffs.

Dak has not even earned the status Dilfer had, so the comparison is askew.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

Dak, our resident playoffs failure, has never even whiffed a Super Bowl is 2-4 in the playoffs.

Purely based on talent, skill, and knowing your role.

I wouldn't dare base it on accomplishment.

morat1959

Reaction score

One thing is for certain, if we win one with Dak as the starting QB, it will be in spite of him. I don’t think it can happen. He’s always going to fold under pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.