Twitter: Dak was second most accurate (64.3%) in NFL on 3rd & 5+ in 2019

ESisback

Reaction score
Really? I've blasted Dak plenty of times on his current greed, off target throws and some decision making. But Dak is the least of our problems. I see much more mistakes from our Oline, RB, WRs, kicker, playcalling/coaches, Defense, Special Teams and others.

Yeah, there’s plenty of blame to go around. Personally, I blame most of it on three things....
1) Team chemistry...too many paycheck players
2)Garrett’s flawed approach—making players fit his predictable, simplistic scheme, instead of adapting his scheme to his talent.
3)Horrible special teams.

817Gill

Reaction score
But Dak’s record is at the bottom against winning teams at 0.166 only , one win against winning teams , plus losses against the jets and bears !!
That’s one season lol, for his career he’s 43% I believe. That’s towards the top of the league.

basel90

Reaction score
That’s one season lol, for his career he’s 43% I believe. That’s towards the top of the league.
Regression in his last 2 seasons with all the supporting parts in place ( OL , RB , WR) is a concern . Hope you are right and it is all on jason Garrett , because the competition will only get tougher .

chagus

Reaction score
We get it king of Dak trolls, it's a team stat when its a loss but QB stat for wins. Dak trolls are just disgusting in their changing measurements of Dak. Stay safe in your hole.
I don't think you understand what "troll" means.

Ken

Reaction score
So your post begs the question..

3rd and long?

What does that indicate?

To me it says we are getting into too many 3rd and longs and that leads to more failure.

So why is that?

What are Dak's stats on downs 1-2?

It would appear he is not getting downfield alot..

that possibly he is not as productive there and then it makes everything be dependent on 3rd downs.

It would also indicate that on early downs passing is reduced to short throws..

like to Zeke, Witten and Pollard.

Stats are fine but I always chuckle at people who want to selectively use them to support whatever point they are pushing.

Other factors like the playcalling by Moore affect how Dak has to perform. So many things that have to be weighed.

Good try..but got to give you an 'incomplete' here.

Try again.
One of the worst attempts at analysis I have seen that was supposed to be serious. wow.

cowboygo

Reaction score
Regression in his last 2 seasons with all the supporting parts in place ( OL , RB , WR) is a concern . Hope you are right and it is all on jason Garrett , because the competition will only get tougher .
I definitely think he's improved from his sophomore slump, and drastically. He also threw the ball 8.5 times a game in 2019 more than his rookie year, mainly because we were behind a lot. The supporting cast his rookie year was elite, even if they mainly were the same guys in the O-Line, their performance as a group hasn't been as good as that year. Don't get me wrong, it is still a strength of the team, but we were able to play with a lead in every game and hold it in 2016. We haven't seen him elevate the team when the supporting parts are gone, which is a concern. Wentz did a lot with less last year.

817Gill

Reaction score
I mean if you want to make a blanket statement, how do you regress when you go from 9-7 in 2017 to 10-6 and a playoff win in 2018 and better stats all around? Dak has physically gotten better these last two seasons, you see a totally different passer from week nine 2018 to now. Those who refuse to see that improvement and refuse to believe all the statistical information that backs it up, are difficult to have a real discussion with.

He wins you want better stats. He gives you better stats you want the wins.

You say the team regressed one season but ignore their improvement another. We say our coaching is below average and acknowledge its role in our lack of success, yet we say Dak has no excuse but to perform at a high level consistently.

Dak has the third most wins in the NFL since he entered, you say what’s his record against winning teams. Dak’s record against winning teams is above league average btw. Only 3 guys have records above .500 (Brady, Ben, Russ).

No matter how many times the goalpost is moved, Dak has been overwhelmingly more good than bad in his career. Stats and wins both prove it so. By all NFL QB ranking systems, Dak is a 7-10 ranked QB in the league. You can debate whether he’s worth top money, but to act like he’s some scrub is such a dated and proven-false take.

basel90

Reaction score
I mean if you want to make a blanket statement, how do you regress when you go from 9-7 in 2017 to 10-6 and a playoff win in 2018 and better stats all around? Dak has physically gotten better these last two seasons, you see a totally different passer from week nine 2018 to now. Those who refuse to see that improvement and refuse to believe all the statistical information that backs it up, are difficult to have a real discussion with.

He wins you want better stats. He gives you better stats you want the wins.

You say the team regressed one season but ignore their improvement another. We say our coaching is below average and acknowledge its role in our lack of success, yet we say Dak has no excuse but to perform at a high level consistently.

Dak has the third most wins in the NFL since he entered, you say what’s his record against winning teams. Dak’s record against winning teams is above league average btw. Only 3 guys have records above .500 (Brady, Ben, Russ).

No matter how many times the goalpost is moved, Dak has been overwhelmingly more good than bad in his career. Stats and wins both prove it so. By all NFL QB ranking systems, Dak is a 7-10 ranked QB in the league. You can debate whether he’s worth top money, but to act like he’s some scrub is such a dated and proven-false take.
your theory is that he is a tremendous passer and winner. He may have improved some of his mechanics but his actual performance in important games : against winning teams , or when the running game was flat , is not good to say the least. He disappeared against the saints, patriouts, buffalo , ete etc and could not score a TD in the finale. Your theory is that all of these losses and disappearing acts are on the coaching and we should just look at his stats . We like his stats since 2016. But to the previous points and claim he is in the same class as Brees, Brady or Aaron or Wilson and wants more money than them , is a fantasy .

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Commanders and giants are not going to be trash going forward, this is a concern for our qb

Dang, I guess no more 300-yard games for Dak if the above becomes a reality.....:omg:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really? I've blasted Dak plenty of times on his current greed, off target throws and some decision making. But Dak is the least of our problems. I see much more mistakes from our Oline, RB, WRs, kicker, playcalling/coaches, Defense, Special Teams and others.
:muttley:

817Gill

Reaction score
your theory is that he is a tremendous passer and winner. He may have improved some of his mechanics but his actual performance in important games : against winning teams , or when the running game was flat , is not good to say the least. He disappeared against the saints, patriouts, buffalo , ete etc and could not score a TD in the finale. Your theory is that all of these losses and disappearing acts are on the coaching and we should just look at his stats . We like his stats since 2016. But to the previous points and claim he is in the same class as Brees, Brady or Aaron or Wilson and wants more money than them , is a fantasy .
Dude what, I never said tremendous lol do you read. 7-10 NFL QB man, just go back and read it I wrote it. There’s not two options with Dak, he’s not HOF or trash, I have no idea why you make it that way. He’s a borderline top 10 NFL Qb who has shown great advancement as a passer throughout his time in the league. It’s reasonable for one to expect him to keep improving even if slightly. If he can become a 6-8 range QB, you’re good.

I don’t know what makes you think he’s so bad and what makes you think I feel he’s an all-timer

basel90

Reaction score
Dude what, I never said tremendous lol do you read. 7-10 NFL QB man, just go back and read it I wrote it. There’s not two options with Dak, he’s not HOF or trash, I have no idea why you make it that way. He’s a borderline top 10 NFL Qb who has shown great advancement as a passer throughout his time in the league. It’s reasonable for one to expect him to keep improving even if slightly. If he can become a 6-8 range QB, you’re good.

I don’t know what makes you think he’s so bad and what makes you think I feel he’s an all-timer
i understand your point. I think he is in the 7-12 rank as QB. He is not trash or bad and i never said that. The scrutiny Dak is getting is due to his demand of top NFL pay. With no real merit. The team failed to capitalize on cap space when Dak was making 2 mil a year and that is on Jerry and jason .

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Good bro.

I hate googling stuff like that.

My eyes go buggy.

So..all of this means what?

We have the hottest QB in the NFL..?

He just can't beat teams with winning records?

And barely beats teams with losing records or run up scores on hapless teams like the Commanders to get his wins and inflate his stats.?

Does that register at all?

It does to me. But what would I know about Cowboy football after 50 years of following them?

Not much, huh?
You know probably where I stand on Dak,, it doesn't matter what I feel, but Im neither a Dak hater or lover, because it doesn't matter.
Dak more than likely will get signed and be the QB going forward for this franchise, win or lose with him.
What I want to see as a fan is major Defensive allocations, and the process has already started with FA signings.
The draft needs to be heavy in repairing a depleted defense, and possibly adding another weapon for Daks arsenal.
If the this Defense can be repaired to the point where it is somewhat reliable, maybe even slightly dominant at times, then as fans, collectively we can finally
agree that its really an inferior Dak, or all Dak ever needed was a supporting cast... time will tell the story.

817Gill

Reaction score
i understand your point. I think he is in the 7-12 rank as QB. He is not trash or bad and i never said that. The scrutiny Dak is getting is due to his demand of top NFL pay. With no real merit. The team failed to capitalize on cap space when Dak was making 2 mil a year and that is on Jerry and jason .
Ok so you would be fine with him getting signed for how much $$?

basel90

Reaction score
Ok so you would be fine with him getting signed for how much $$?
a team friendly deal 25-30 mil . If i beleived he is a difference maker who can lead the team to a super bowl , then he should be in the 35-40 level .

817Gill

Reaction score
a team friendly deal 25-30 mil . If i beleived he is a difference maker who can lead the team to a super bowl , then he should be in the 35-40 level .
Ok now we are getting somewhere lol. So is the 25-30 mil contract your numbers of choice because of the percentage of the cap they take or because of an arbitrary feeling that those are what he’s worth?

I assume you choose those numbers because they are cheap enough where the team can continue to be good around him; and him getting 35M has nothing to do with the number but rather that it will hamstring the cap.

If I’m correct here, I’ll lay this out for you:

With the recent reports making it clear that the issue is the years not the AAV (average annual value), the 34-35M reports for his deal seem to be around where he will land. NBC Profootballtalk did a segment on what the cap hits would be year by year in a 4 or 5 year deal. With both deals having the AAV around 34/35M, the cap hits wouldn’t exceed 32M for either until year 3. By the time Dak’s cap hit is 35M, the CBA’s raised salary cap will be substantially higher than it is now. So a 34-35M deal will carry the same percentage as the 26-28M you are looking for.

Unless you have a personal issue with the number 35, it will not be a cap constricting number. Now, 40M might do it, but 34-36ish won’t. This is why Dak is fighting so hard for the years because he knows he will be underpaid by year 3-4 as 8-10 qb’s would have extensions making more than him and 35M would decrease in value.