Dak Watch All-22: 10 Plays

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This Dak Watch series is put out by BtBoys. The guy that does these (Mark Schofield) does a really good job.

Some of the defensive formations the Cards ran were interesting and ran effectively creating confusion.

The Cards had Budda Baker come down on the line to play the passing lanes that Dak typically goes to when pressed.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
This Dak Watch series is put out by BtBoys. The guy that does these (Mark Schofield) does a really good job.

Some of the defensive formations the Cards ran were interesting and ran effectively creating confusion.

The Cards had Budda Baker come down on the line to play the passing lanes that Dak typically goes to when pressed.

It just seems like every week the defense is doing something that Dak just can't figure out.

Ken

Reaction score
It just seems like every week the defense is doing something that Dak just can't figure out.
Yes....DAK can't figure it out...not the OC.

They know our scheme. I actually noticed this going through the all 22....they know what we are doing in certain formations. Some are very obvious to the layman, like the OL out wide is a screen....but there are other formations where they will max blitz us and have a guy coming through the gap and jumping and blocking the only hot route in the play.

It is quite obvious our scheme has been figured out. Coupled with the hobbled running back we have...recipe for disaster.

Nav22

Reaction score
LOLLLL you continue to embarrass yourself with this sheer stupidity.

We scored 22 points vs Arizona. They allowed 20.4 PPG entering the game.

We couldn’t run the ball AT ALL with Dak as our leading rusher (20 yards).

We dropped a handful of passes (DAK’S FAULT DURRRR).

We had a ton of killer, drive-killing penalties (DAK’S FAULT DURRRR).

We missed a short FG, Arizona made their FGs.

And yet we still were 1 defensive stop away from being in position to win or force OT.

Dak had 3 TDs (plus the 2-pt conversion) and the 1 fumble which was a GREAT play by the defender.

You know NOTHING about this sport.

“DURRRRR BET THE HOUSE ON WASHINGTON, GUYS!!!”
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yes....DAK can't figure it out...not the OC.

They know our scheme. I actually noticed this going through the all 22....they know what we are doing in certain formations. Some are very obvious to the layman, like the OL out wide is a screen....but there are other formations where they will max blitz us and have a guy coming through the gap and jumping and blocking the only hot route in the play.

It is quite obvious our scheme has been figured out. Coupled with the hobbled running back we have...recipe for disaster.
They run these formations because several plays can be ran out of them. He has to recognize his hot routes and look for different routes. If they line up on the right then Dak needs to switch the play to the left. The problem is they run some that are only having 2 receivers going out. He needs to audible to the run or roll out to the opposite side.. Use some dump offs.. Back them off. Dak learned to beat the blitz so they backed off it…

glimmerman

Reaction score
LOLLLL you continue to embarrass yourself with this sheer stupidity.

We scored 22 points vs Arizona. They allowed 20.4 PPG entering the game.

We couldn’t run the ball AT ALL with Dak as our leading rusher (20 yards).

We dropped a handful of passes (DAK’S FAULT DURRRR).

We had a ton of killer, drive-killing penalties (DAK’S FAULT DURRRR).

We missed a short FG, Arizona made their FGs.

And yet we still were 1 defensive stop away from being in position to win or force OT.

Dak had 3 TDs (plus the 2-pt conversion) and the 1 fumble which was a GREAT play by the defender.

You know NOTHING about this sport.

“DURRRRR BET THE HOUSE ON WASHINGTON, GUYS!!!”
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
And the ref help at the end. It looked like a fumble or should have been reviewed. But we used our time out because the play before the guy was out of bounds and they didn’t stop the clock.

Has anyone looked at the play before. Was a bunch of confusion because he was forced out of bounds and the clock should have stopped. Instead we were forced to call time out. Could MM have challenged him being out of bounds. He would have won and had his time out and a challenge left for the fumble..

Was a perfect scenario for the cards. If called right would have been a exciting end.

Nav22

Reaction score
And the ref help at the end. It looked like a fumble or should have been reviewed. But we used our time out because the play before the guy was out of bounds and they didn’t stop the clock.

Has anyone looked at the play before. Was a bunch of confusion because he was forced out of bounds and the clock should have stopped. Instead we were forced to call time out. Could MM have challenged him being out of bounds. He would have won and had his time out and a challenge left for the fumble..
4th game this season in which we got completely screwed by terrible officiating, and the 3rd one we lost (squeaked by NE in overtime, but the fact that it needed OT ended up costing Dak a calf injury).

Doesn’t happen to every team like that. It just doesn’t.

Sydla

Reaction score
They run these formations because several plays can be ran out of them. He has to recognize his hot routes and look for different routes. If they line up on the right then Dak needs to switch the play to the left. The problem is they run some that are only having 2 receivers going out. He needs to audible to the run or roll out to the opposite side.. Use some dump offs.. Back them off. Dak learned to beat the blitz so they backed off it…

Bingo.

Now, yes, certain things can be read based on formations and personnel. So Moore definitely deserves some blame here for, at times, being predictable and not being able to adjust to what a team is doing. But as you said, Dak also has the power on many plays to make adjustments at the line. So he bears SOME (that's for you Ken and other Dak homers) here for the offenses issues.

Sydla

Reaction score
4th game this season in which we got completely screwed by terrible officiating, and the 3rd one we lost (squeaked by NE in overtime, but the fact that it needed OT ended up costing Dak a calf injury).

LOL. We won the Chargers game largely because of officiating. Where's that fit in the analysis?

We lost games because we just weren't good enough, made dumb mistakes and didn't play relatively well. We did enough dumb things on Sunday (8 third or fourth downs we had penalties on - and most were the right calls) that cost us the win. Not the missed fumble at the end. That could have been a meaningless play if we had played better overall.

Nav22

Reaction score
Only losers blame others for their shortcomings.
Good thing I’m not talking about MY shortcomings then.

I have plenty to say about YOURS though.

You don’t know football and you embarrass yourself here regularly.

Remember this?

“DURRRRR BET THE HOUSE ON WASHINGTON, YOU GUYS!!!”

“TAYLOR HEINICKE’S GOING FOR 300 YARDS AND 3 TDs, YOU GUYS!!!”

“CARSON WENTZ WOULD HAVE 2 MORE WINS WITH ZEKE INSTEAD OF JONATHAN TAYLOR, YOU GUYS!!!”
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Nav22

Reaction score
LOL. We won the Chargers game largely because of officiating. Where's that fit in the analysis?

We lost games because we just weren't good enough, made dumb mistakes and didn't play relatively well. We did enough dumb things on Sunday (8 third or fourth downs we had penalties on - and most were the right calls) that cost us the win. Not the missed fumble at the end. That could have been a meaningless play if we had played better overall.
11-5.

And EVEN IF we beat the Chargers thanks to officiating (we didn’t), that’s 1 game that went our way and 4 that went against us.

Still screwed overall.

glimmerman

Reaction score

There are bad calls but look at the timing and effect of the bad or non calls. 2 games the opposing had a receiver catch the ball and take plenty of steps having control and making football moves and fumble. Called a fumble only for the refs to change to incomplete with no review.. Both were game changing. Lost both games..

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Good thing I’m not talking about MY shortcomings then.

I have plenty to say about YOURS though.

You don’t know football and you embarrass yourself here regularly.

Remember this?

“DURRRRR BET THE HOUSE ON WASHINGTON, YOU GUYS!!!”

“TAYLOR HEINICKE’S GOING FOR 300 YARDS AND 3 TDs, YOU GUYS!!!”

“CARSON WENTZ WOULD HAVE 2 MORE WINS WITH ZEKE INSTEAD OF JONATHAN TAYLOR, YOU GUYS!!!”
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
A person that claims to be an adult is behind this account, ladies and gents.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Let me say this about the Chargers officiating.

That game is over at halftime if they don’t screw us over on the Kearse call and Amari Cooper being absolutely mugged on a 4th down play.

So yeah we got some calls in the 2nd half but the officials screwed us over bigtime in the first half.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Bingo.

Now, yes, certain things can be read based on formations and personnel. So Moore definitely deserves some blame here for, at times, being predictable and not being able to adjust to what a team is doing. But as you said, Dak also has the power on many plays to make adjustments at the line. So he bears SOME (that's for you Ken and other Dak homers) here for the offenses issues.
Are you calling me a Dak homer. Dak hasn’t been the same since the pats game. I can tell after the second drive how Daks game is going to go. He has bad games. I don’t see how you can call me that. I back who ever is playing QB of my team. But I am not making excuses for him. Offense as a whole deserves credit and blame. If Dak don’t figure out how to change these things or audible out then we are going to look like that again. I think he can. Right now our Defense is carrying us.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Bingo.

That WR screen needs to be thrown out and burned. Arizona saw it coming a mile away and almost had a pick 6. Moore needs to wake up. So does Dak. The offense has become stale, and reminiscent of Garrett. Where is the pre snap motion? Where are the RPO's? Where are the quick throws on slants etc to back the defense off?