Dak Watch All-22: 10 Plays

Sydla

Reaction score
11-5.

And EVEN IF we beat the Chargers thanks to officiating (we didn’t), that’s 1 game that went our way and 4 that went against us.

Still screwed overall.

Yeah, we got some real nice favorable calls in that Chargers game. So if you can't admit that, whining about 4 games that were taken from us by officials (they weren't) shows how ridiculous all of this is.

Ken

Reaction score
They run these formations because several plays can be ran out of them. He has to recognize his hot routes and look for different routes. If they line up on the right then Dak needs to switch the play to the left. The problem is they run some that are only having 2 receivers going out. He needs to audible to the run or roll out to the opposite side.. Use some dump offs.. Back them off. Dak learned to beat the blitz so they backed off it…
We don't know what kind of freedom Dak has to change plays. He may only be able to flip to a run or flip the play. No one has any idea. So to say he has to do this or that is speculation at best.

Sydla

Reaction score
Are you calling me a Dak homer. Dak hasn’t been the same since the pats game. I can tell after the second drive how Daks game is going to go. He has bad games. I don’t see how you can call me that. I back who ever is playing QB of my team. But I am not making excuses for him. Offense as a whole deserves credit and blame. If Dak don’t figure out how to change these things or audible out then we are going to look like that again. I think he can. Right now our Defense is carrying us.

No, just pointing out that some here will constantly make excuses blame others for Dak's mistakes.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
LOLLLL you continue to embarrass yourself with this sheer stupidity.

We scored 22 points vs Arizona. They allowed 20.4 PPG entering the game.

We couldn’t run the ball AT ALL with Dak as our leading rusher (20 yards).

We dropped a handful of passes (DAK’S FAULT DURRRR).

We had a ton of killer, drive-killing penalties (DAK’S FAULT DURRRR).

We missed a short FG, Arizona made their FGs.

And yet we still were 1 defensive stop away from being in position to win or force OT.

Dak had 3 TDs (plus the 2-pt conversion) and the 1 fumble which was a GREAT play by the defender.

You know NOTHING about this sport.

“DURRRRR BET THE HOUSE ON WASHINGTON, GUYS!!!”
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
Yep. He's not too bright. Poor thing. It's embarrassing reading his comments.

Nav22

Reaction score
Yeah, we got some real nice favorable calls in that Chargers game. So if you can't admit that, whining about 4 games that were taken from us by officials (they weren't) shows how ridiculous all of this is.
We probably did get some iffy calls our way that day. What’s your point? That’s football.

It’s NOT the same as blatant TERRIBLE calls that cost us games on the final possession, like Chris Godwin pushing off Jourdan Lewis or the refusal to buzz down and change the call on the field to a fumble vs Arizona.

glimmerman

Reaction score
LOL. We won the Chargers game largely because of officiating. Where's that fit in the analysis?

We lost games because we just weren't good enough, made dumb mistakes and didn't play relatively well. We did enough dumb things on Sunday (8 third or fourth downs we had penalties on - and most were the right calls) that cost us the win. Not the missed fumble at the end. That could have been a meaningless play if we had played better overall.
How about the missed FG. The fact our Defense used Parsons as a spy in the middle. We played almost prevent. Left the middle open and IMO respected there qb to much.

But what I can’t figure out is all the way to after the vikings game we looked that good. I know injuries to QB and RBs and WRs and at some point both sides to the trenches effected us. But in the loses Dak has looked a little lost. Reminds me of 2017 when they threw stuff he hasn’t seen at him and just blitzed him.. By now he should recognize most coverages. So not sure that’s it. We are abandoning the run game which is my guess. We need a running game. Is it Dak reading a defense and audibles out of the run. I see them stacking for the run. But you have to keep chipping away and eventually you start breaking runs..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This Dak Watch series is put out by BtBoys. The guy that does these (Mark Schofield) does a really good job.

Some of the defensive formations the Cards ran were interesting and ran effectively creating confusion.

The Cards had Budda Baker come down on the line to play the passing lanes that Dak typically goes to when pressed.

I watched the other all-22 clip that was posted. what stands out is how bad the OL played. Cardinals were very effective rushing 4 and breaking down the OL and dropping 7 against 3,4 WRs....Moore also telegraphed a few plays as they seemed ready for it. I saw Biadasz stand a few plays and block no one and the defender he expected was 10 yards down field....yet he didn't move over and help the other guys....that's stupid. same with williams. the 4.51 mark play in this clip, when they drop the middle 4 LBs into coverage (great defensive scheme) and the guards are standing around along with Biadaz with no one to blitz while tackles have to deal with double teams. the OL has to recognize faster and slide over and help. initially I thought that Dak should have changed the play to run given they had 6 LBs, but realized it was 3rd and 11 and that would be risky.

got to give it to AZ, their DL played great. they spent most of the night in our back field. they managed the run defense with front 4 and 5 and were able to rush effectivel with 4. the OL has to play better. we have to establish the run game.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
We probably did get some iffy calls our way that day. What’s your point? That’s football.

It’s NOT the same as blatant TERRIBLE calls that cost us games on the final possession, like Chris Godwin pushing off Jourdan Lewis or the refusal to buzz down and change the call on the field to a fumble vs Arizona.
Totally agree with you bro.

Some people's hate for Dak is so extreme, they would rather the Cowboys lose and not achieve anything so Dak can be replaced in the near future. So sad.

glimmerman

Reaction score
No, just pointing out that some here will constantly make excuses blame others for Dak's mistakes.
He has his problems but can’t pin point it.. Giving up on the running game is pissing me off. Then the lack of discipline on O-Line when we do break one and having it called back when not needed is another level. Shultz hold on Elliot’s big run was not needed. He had a head of speed and the jump cut game him distance to get by..

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I watched the other all-22 clip that was posted. what stands out is how bad the OL played. Cardinals were very effective rushing 4 and breaking down the OL and dropping 7 against 3,4 WRs....Moore also telegraphed a few plays as they seemed ready for it. I saw Biadasz stand a few plays and block no one and the defender he expected was 10 yards down field....yet he didn't move over and help the other guys....that's stupid. same with williams. the 4.51 mark play in this clip, when they drop the middle 4 LBs into coverage (great defensive scheme) and the guards are standing around along with Biadaz with no one to blitz while tackles have to deal with double teams. the OL has to recognize faster and slide over and help. initially I thought that Dak should have changed the play to run given they had 6 LBs, but realized it was 3rd and 11 and that would be risky.

got to give it to AZ, their DL played great. they spent most of the night in our back field. they managed the run defense with front 4 and 5 and were able to rush effectivel with 4. the OL has to play better. we have to establish the run game.
:hammer:

I've been saying it all season long, this Offense's biggest problem is our Oline. Several players need to be replaced, starting with the Center.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
:hammer:

I've been saying it all season long, this Offense's biggest problem is our Oline. Several players need to be replaced, starting with the Center.
Bidasz is not a difference maker. he is just a very very average center.... he missed a lot of proetction calls on the line and perhaps that should go to Martin. We are better off with Williams, but that's because McGovern sucks so much. Smith is a former shell of himself....and given all the weak point and the OL needing to play as a unit, it just causes the whole thing fall apart....we need to address the center and LG position in off season.

that's why when Collins came back, steele had settled in on the right and we shuffled everyone and it all fell apart....I wanted collins to move into Williams spot, given collins is a lot stronger and gets more push. him and martin could protect Biadasz.

glimmerman

Reaction score

Agreed. And this falls on the O-Line coach. Guy is a bust. Holding right and left. And either Dak or Moore is not making them respect the run. Yes you may get 1 yard here or 2 there but you eventually pop one and then it’s on. Start driving.. Seems if we don’t get 5 per carry and get down by 3 we abandon it. Tell me that’s not 100% easier to defend..

glimmerman

Reaction score
Totally agree with you bro.

Some people's hate for Dak is so extreme, they would rather the Cowboys lose and not achieve anything so Dak can be replaced in the near future. So sad.
He has been off. He is over throwing or under throwing. He had Cooper and others open but throwing way low.. Leg or shoulder or both. Figure it out and fix it now along with the O-Line..

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
LOLLLL you continue to embarrass yourself with this sheer stupidity.

We scored 22 points vs Arizona. They allowed 20.4 PPG entering the game.

We couldn’t run the ball AT ALL with Dak as our leading rusher (20 yards).

….
!!!”
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

True, but it took 3 quarters to get going and then started scoring points. Any way if you look at it , that is the difference in winning and losing the game.

so you suppose , for until the QB and offensive players get into sync and rhythm the D has to stonewall and not allow any points. Well there is disappointment on that front too, our ( supposedly doomsday D) let the cardinals score in 5 possessions , consecutively ( or close to )

Slow starts in figuring out what is being thrown at is killing us.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Bidasz is not a difference maker. he is just a very very average center.... he missed a lot of proetction calls on the line and perhaps that should go to Martin. We are better off with Williams, but that's because McGovern sucks so much. Smith is a former shell of himself....and given all the weak point and the OL needing to play as a unit, it just causes the whole thing fall apart....we need to address the center and LG position in off season.

that's why when Collins came back, steele had settled in on the right and we shuffled everyone and it all fell apart....I wanted collins to move into Williams spot, given collins is a lot stronger and gets more push. him and martin could protect Biadasz.
Totally agree, bro. :thumbup:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
True, but it took 3 quarters to get going and then started scoring points. Any way if you look at it , that is the difference in winning and losing the game.

so you suppose , for until the QB and offensive players get into sync and rhythm the D has to stonewall and not allow any points. Well there is disappointment on that front too, our ( supposedly doomsday D) let the cardinals score in 5 possessions , consecutively ( or close to )

Slow starts in figuring out what is being thrown at is killings us.
True.

What killed our Offense in the 1st Half against the Cardinals was having four 3rd down conversions brought back due to penalties. They were drive killers that killed momentum, thus why it took so late in the game to finally get going. Plus, Zuerlein missing an easy FG early in the game didn't help.

Praxit

Reaction score
“DURRRRR BET THE HOUSE ON WASHINGTON, YOU GUYS!!!”

“TAYLOR HEINICKE’S GOING FOR 300 YARDS AND 3 TDs, YOU GUYS!!!”

“CARSON WENTZ WOULD HAVE 2 MORE WINS WITH ZEKE INSTEAD OF JONATHAN TAYLOR, YOU GUYS!!!”

- @MountaineerCowboy
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
..well, gotta man up, if your number is called.. lol..

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
It just seems like every week the defense is doing something that Dak just can't figure out.
This is true of every QB in the NFL...good or bad....to varying degrees.

Dak certainly needs to play better

But one way to mitigate the impact of things like this....RUN THE BALL!!!!!!!!!! And our inability to run the ball puts it ALL on Dak. And I am okay with Dak...but I also know he is not Brady or Rodgers. So the highly paid head coach who is an offensive mind...and the boy genius everyone has penciled in for multiple head coaching jobs next year. Need to do their job as well.

glimmerman

Reaction score
True.

What killed our Offense in the 1st Half against the Cardinals was having four 3rd down conversions brought back due to penalties. They were drive killers that killed momentum, thus why it took so late in the game to finally get going. Plus, Zuerlein missing an easy FG early in the game didn't help.
Wow. Didn’t notice 4 of them..